Check your account email address ×

Global Temperatures Plunge. Icy Silence from Climate Alarmists

Why do climate change deniers hail weather pattern changes as proof that the climate isn't changing when it is in their favor, but when climate change believers use weather patterns as proof deniers use the excuse, "You can't judge the climate off something as short term as a half a year..."? 

Anyone who thinks a month, a warm summer, a cold winter, a year, two years, etc are an indicator of climate is a fucking retard and shouldn't even be in this conversation... Cough cough Momo. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Why do climate change deniers hail weather pattern changes as proof that the climate isn't changing when it is in their favor, but when climate change believers use weather patterns as proof deniers use the excuse, "You can't judge the climate off something as short term as a half a year..."? 

Anyone who thinks a month, a warm summer, a cold winter, a year, two years, etc are an indicator of climate is a fucking retard and shouldn't even be in this conversation... Cough cough Momo. 

Nobody denies climate change, since our planet has been under climate change for 4.5 billion years and will continue to do so.  Do you think you can stop it?

Why did they ever change from Global Warming to Climate Change.

People on both sides are goofy.

october here was literally cloudy or raining for 30 days straight. It was very cold and ugly.

however, because it was cloudy it didn't cool off much at night. The highs were unseasonably low but the lows were unseasonably high. This made october two degrees higher than average. Even though it was really cold. Yet rhetards scream global warming 

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Nobody denies climate change, since our planet has been under climate change for 4.5 billion years and will continue to do so.  Do you think you can stop it?

When oil in the Beaufort sea shows that there used to be huge coral reefs in the past as well as evidence of ice a mile thick :lol: Yah climate changes  

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

No, I don't think they can stop it nor do I think we should be investing billions to do so. I think we should be spending that money to take advantage of what the changing climate will bring. More rain in the midwest and a longer growing season. Less rain in the west and southwest. How do we produce crops that are better suited, handle weather changes, etc. I don't see how climate change can't have opportunities. There is always opportunity. 

As for the extent of human influence on that change, I don't know. I think there is some, but I don't subscribe to the doom and gloom side of it. I think most of it is a cycle caused by mother nature herself. Not saying I think we should polute away because there is effects on drinking water and air quality, but I do not think we should hamstring business and manufacturing because of global warming. 

The oceans aren't going to rise 100 feet and kill everyone either. I think that is foolish. If they do rise, humans will counter it as we always do with weather. Time to put aside the fear based politics of GW and start looking for solutions rather than knee jerk reactions that don't help anyone. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

No, I don't think they can stop it nor do I think we should be investing billions to do so. I think we should be spending that money to take advantage of what the changing climate will bring. More rain in the midwest and a longer growing season. Less rain in the west and southwest. How do we produce crops that are better suited, handle weather changes, etc. I don't see how climate change can't have opportunities. There is always opportunity. 

As for the extent of human influence on that change, I don't know. I think there is some, but I don't subscribe to the doom and gloom side of it. I think most of it is a cycle caused by mother nature herself. Not saying I think we should polute away because there is effects on drinking water and air quality, but I do not think we should hamstring business and manufacturing because of global warming. 

The oceans aren't going to rise 100 feet and kill everyone either. I think that is foolish. If they do rise, humans will counter it as we always do with weather. Time to put aside the fear based politics of GW and start looking for solutions rather than knee jerk reactions that don't help anyone. 

A sensible response, IMO the majority of sane thinking people agree with you. Last time I checked I was sane. I did go insane once though. At was the day I married my ex wife.

40 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Exactly. Climate change has always happened and always will. Cycles in weather could be measured in decades centuries etc. We have had an ice age and then a receding of the ice out of it. Man didn't cause the start or the end of those changes and we will never be able to influence climate as dramatically as some seem to think we can.

Edited by 02sled

6 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Exactly. Climate change has always happened and always will. Cycles in weather could be measured in decades centuries etc. We have had an ice age and then a receding of the ice out of it. Man didn't cause the start or the end of those changes and we will never be able to influence climate as dramatically as some seem to think we can.

No amount of legislation or taxes on the middle class can change this simple fact.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

^This^

There is also this little thing called the sun that has an impact that scientist seen to ignore a lot.

14374ccdae0f59201a4b3896b6615a470a28f092_large.jpg

20 minutes ago, Highmark said:

^This^

There is also this little thing called the sun that has an impact that scientist seen to ignore a lot.

14374ccdae0f59201a4b3896b6615a470a28f092_large.jpg

What the hell is the sun? I haven't that thing all week. Another 6-12 inches tonight up north. :bc:

5 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

This'll do for me!

Done.

Does anyone on this site have a PHD? Anyone? 

Because evidently people who actually know shit believe the following.

The survey found 97% agreed that global temperatures have increased during the past 100 years; 84% say they personally believe human-induced warming is occurring, and 74% agree that "currently available scientific evidence" substantiates its occurrence.

Obviously these people can't compete with a bunch of fuck heads on a sledding site.

16 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

If? They are rising :news: 

http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/sealevel.html

8 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

Does anyone on this site have a PHD? Anyone? 

Because evidently people who actually know shit believe the following.

The survey found 97% agreed that global temperatures have increased during the past 100 years; 84% say they personally believe human-induced warming is occurring, and 74% agree that "currently available scientific evidence" substantiates its occurrence.

Obviously these people can't compete with a bunch of fuck heads on a sledding site.

Who gives a shit.  Titles do not mean anything.  Hell I have a SIL with one in Science (so not a useless arts one) and guess what she is a joke.  What have these people accomplished that we should listen to what they say?  Their models haven't even been close to the predictions they have been making.

The last mini ice age occurred a little over 500 years ago and temps tend to rise from that point on, just like history has taught us.  Climate is gonna change, get used to it.  ExtraLettuce was correct in his post.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Who gives a shit.  Titles do not mean anything.  Hell I have a SIL with one in Science (so not a useless arts one) and guess what she is a joke.  What have these people accomplished that we should listen to what they say?  Their models haven't even been close to the predictions they have been making.

The last mini ice age occurred a little over 500 years ago and temps tend to rise from that point on, just like history has taught us.  Climate is gonna change, get used to it.  ExtraLettuce was correct in his post.

:owned: