Check your account email address ×

MLB season already getting fucked up

Been a Red Sox fan since 1967 and will not watch a game. Done. Waiting to see how NHL reacts as NBA is off the list as well. Sure that I am not alone.

Edited by J. Jackson
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Cancelling games due to Covid outbreak on teams

Might as well just throw in the towel 

and i was just thinking last night how nice it is for a change to turn on the tube and watch some baseball.

you see where that idiot from the clippers was released to go to a funeral for a family member, was seen in a club and claimed "just stopped to pickup some food", and as it turns out was also seen in a strip club. :pan:

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Opening day here , with zero fans.  
I agree ,  fuck it, shut it down. 

I didn't even realize it was today that's how bad this year sucks

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I didn't even realize it was today that's how bad this year sucks

Right.   Opening day is like a National holiday around here.  

Just now, Cold War said:

Right.   Opening day is like a National holiday around here.  

Yeah it is and I hardly ever make it into the stadium even when I do have tickets  :lol:

9 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I don’t really care about pro sports. No college football or basketball this fall would really suck though.

I would think college sports would be harder to control than pro sports.  It's not like they could put them in a bubble like they did with the NBA.

15 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Yeah it is and I hardly ever make it into the stadium even when I do have tickets  :lol:

Same here.  :bc: 

it is a given ..   half the people we go with will not make the game. We actually bought a series of tickets this year.  Planned on going to a lot of games.  We do a couple bus trips,  rent out the deck.  Always a good time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Its not like I was going to watch any games anyway. Fuck these primadonnas

I very rarely watch sports anymore, when I do it is usually post-season football. I like going to Red Soxs games in person once every few years but I'd rather stick my Dick in a 240v outlet than watch a game on TV... :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GGNHL said:

I very rarely watch sports anymore, when I do it is usually post-season football. I like going to Red Soxs games in person once every few years but I'd rather stick my Dick in a 240v outlet than watch a game on TV... :lol:

i'm pretty much done with TV at this point.  I'll binge something on Netflix or whatever but haven't really missed sports.  contracts over soon with Comcast,  might finally pull the plug and just go to a $70/mo internet service.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i'm pretty much done with TV at this point.  I'll binge something on Netflix or whatever but haven't really missed sports.  contracts over soon with Comcast,  might finally pull the plug and just go to a $70/mo internet service.  

Where you are located local channels won't be an issue. There are several streaming services out there now. Just look for the package that works for you. YT TV just went from $50 to $65 when they added 8 new channels. I'll probably look around for options before the price increase shows up next month.

5 hours ago, ckf said:

I doubt there will be an NFL or NHL seasons this year  :sad:

The NHL didn't even finish last season.  

5 hours ago, Edmo said:

I don’t really care about pro sports. No college football or basketball this fall would really suck though.

College football cancelling many of the non-conference games.  Hope that allows them to put a season together.  With the NFL and NCAAF we are going to see outbreaks and games cancelled.  Going to get schedules really messed up.

32 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

They could just take hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic but Trump liked it so they can't 

Iran has more freedom than we do smh 

You’re really smart 

32 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

They could just take hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic but Trump liked it so they can't 

Iran has more freedom than we do smh 

🤣