Check your account email address ×

Trump hints at a very generous stimulus check. $6000 per household.

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

We didn't need EITHER of them,   Not one person on this forum needed this stimulus and I am willing to bet no one on this forum knows someone that needed it.  But you got your 1200 dollar baller check to spend on some bullshit materialistic items.

I know of a number of people actually, they got ubruptly laidoff and waited over a month to get a UE check, I think our state still has a back log of claims. Not everyone was born a silverspooner like you. Try some math sometime and see how much per hour a million dollar a year salary gets, you might quit crying about $1200.00.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

For many people it was foolish and uncalled for, for others it was a life line.  I feel if we are going to bailout companies that pay multi million dollar salaries, I'm glad the little blue collar guys gat the $1200.00.

it's not the fact that government aid was made available in this situation it was the method and amounts that I disapproved of

15 minutes ago, racer254 said:

We didn't need EITHER of them,   Not one person on this forum needed this stimulus and I am willing to bet no one on this forum knows someone that needed it.  But you got your 1200 dollar baller check to spend on some bullshit materialistic items.

I made the point my wife's niece sold her daughter's bed for cash because she was tapped out.

Saved her ass.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Snake said:

I made the point my wife's niece sold her daughter's bed for cash because she was tapped out.

Saved her ass.

19 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I know of a number of people actually, they got ubruptly laidoff and waited over a month to get a UE check, I think our state still has a back log of claims. Not everyone was born a silverspooner like you. Try some math sometime and see how much per hour a million dollar a year salary gets, you might quit crying about $1200.00.

I stand corrected.  I know of zero people that needed that money.

Edited by racer254

Here in Canuckistan, the black face boy King is raining down money from his castle balcony.

It seems he comes out daily and waves his hand, money falls from the sky.

Here is a sobering website, for those that pay taxes in the true North strong and free.

https://www.debtclock.ca/

If you live in Ontario, man, woman or child, you owe $45,000. If you are a single income family of four, that's $180,000,  just in case you went through Ontario's shitty school system and can't do basic math.

Edited by Voodoo

49 minutes ago, Highmark said:

it's not the fact that government aid was made available in this situation it was the method and amounts that I disapproved of

I agree with that, it should have targeted to help those that really needed help.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1jkw said:

I agree with that, it should have targeted to help those that really needed help.

Those that need it got quite a bit actually.   If you were both laid off in a family of 4 you got almost $8600 on top UI in 3 months.  Max UI qualifier in Iowa got another $4400 per couple.   $13000 in 3 months.

Edited by Highmark

26 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Those that need it got quite a bit actually.   If you were both laid off in a family of 4 you got almost $8600 on top UI in 3 months.  Max UI qualifier in Iowa got another $4400 per couple.   $13000 in 3 months.

If you were actually able to get the checks, yes.  Now how do those checks compare to a million dollar or more CEO's wages for the same time period?

6 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Obama only gave out a few flip phones to the poor. This president is amazing 

When did he hint at this?? Link??

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Still far less than the current package, not even 1/3 of current package and the former lasted to 2019.  By every measure the current package is for more expensive.  Record FED balance sheet, record deficit to GDP numbers, record debt, and deficit and there is still 6 months left to Trumps term.

4 hours ago, racer254 said:

I wouldn't mind an extra $6g's to spend on an upcoming "vacation" or sorts.  

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

If you were actually able to get the checks, yes.  Now how do those checks compare to a million dollar or more CEO's wages for the same time period?

Can you show me where a ceo got a million $'s from this govt program?   If you want to make that become a ceo, or pro athlete or actor or musician.   Let me guess  you think everyone  should earn the same?

27 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Can you show me where a ceo got a million $'s from this govt program?   If you want to make that become a ceo, or pro athlete or actor or musician.   Let me guess  you think everyone  should earn the same?

No, companies that got bailouts pay CEO's millions, if you are being paid a multi million dollar salary to run a company and you don't have the reserves to keep the company  going during hard times without government bailouts, you are not worth what they are paying you.  You seem to think an hourly wage worker shouldn't need a bailout, given that, how much less so should a million dollar CEO?  No I don't think everyone should make the same, but the pay ratio in public companies has gotten out of hand, as have the golden parachutes for failed leadership.  Any company getting a bailout should have salary limits on its board and CEO as well no dividends until it is all paid back.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

That's just over four grand a month, which really isn't shit if you have the bills of a family of four. 

2 hours ago, 1jkw said:

That's the biggest issue I have with our state's response to this. It swamped the UI system and people were eligible for UI but couldn't actually get it. 

That needs to be fixed and more should have been done to protect the people who needed it most.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

Fuck it! Show me the money!

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I wouldn't mind an extra $6g's to spend on an upcoming "vacation" or sorts.  

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

he's got an election that needs winning. Economic doom be damned. Fire up them printers!

Make it rain baby!!!!! :lol:

Make It Rain Reaction GIF

7 hours ago, racer254 said:

I know several that it helped. It’s amusing how you refuse to knock trump on his anonymous bailout of corporations. Foney fuck. 

6 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yep show me the money fuck that $1200.00 shit, I want a million or two.

Yup.

If $1200 was good and $6000, that means billions for everyone to keep this shitshow going!

I'd have a pair of new Gulfstream G7's at the end of the driveway like tacky McMansions have plaster lions.  

Edited by racinfarmer
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, 1jkw said:

No, companies that got bailouts pay CEO's millions, if you are being paid a multi million dollar salary to run a company and you don't have the reserves to keep the company  going during hard times without government bailouts, you are not worth what they are paying you.  You seem to think an hourly wage worker shouldn't need a bailout, given that, how much less so should a million dollar CEO?  No I don't think everyone should make the same, but the pay ratio in public companies has gotten out of hand, as have the golden parachutes for failed leadership.  Any company getting a bailout should have salary limits on its board and CEO as well no dividends until it is all paid back.

You seem to think that people on this forum are advocating for these CEO's.  We are not, but this stimulus was not needed the way it happened and I had been showing you how to stop the fraud with it, but you and others had better ideas and now look what we got.