Check your account email address ×

Trump hints at a very generous stimulus check. $6000 per household.

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

First, I am sorry for their hardships.  If they asked you, would you have helped?  Or would you have told them to wait for the check.  Did they have rent, house payment.  Did they all lose their jobs from COVID?   I don't know the situation, but if they had hardships, you can apply for government assistance other than the stimulus.

The people who are still working would be the ones benefiting from a tax holiday and since they're still working, they are not really in a hardship are they?  It makes no sense to help people who don't need and shaft those that do.  Plus the stimulus as implemented provided a bigger quicker boost than a tax holiday could have provided which was necessary to counteract the sudden and drastic downturn.  You gotta select the right tool for the job.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XC.Morrison said:

The people who are still working would be the ones benefiting from a tax holiday and since they're still working, they are not really in a hardship are they?  It makes no sense to help people who don't need and shaft those that do.  Plus the stimulus as implemented provided a bigger quicker boost than a tax holiday could have provided which was necessary to counteract the sudden and drastic downturn.  You gotta select the right tool for the job.  

The government did exactly what it wanted and now we have corruption regarding the stimulus.   I proposed the way to stop that while trying to provide assistance.   When people say this needed to happen, FAST, while they may have been correct, the argument is flawed as many people have yet to see their UE or stimulus check.

37 minutes ago, Snake said:

They needed $300 worth of food right now, not over the course of a year. They needed gas in the car right now, not over the period of a year.

exactly thats where racers "plan" hold no water.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

exactly thats where racers "plan" hold no water.  

Actually if unemployment took effect then they would have gotten that.  It doesn't account for glitches in the system.  And the plan that I talked about just doesn't give money DIRECTLY to people.

Edited by racer254

48 minutes ago, racer254 said:

The government did exactly what it wanted and now we have corruption regarding the stimulus.   I proposed the way to stop that while trying to provide assistance.   When people say this needed to happen, FAST, while they may have been correct, the argument is flawed as many people have yet to see their UE or stimulus check.

You just like the payroll tax holiday thing cause it was Trump's idea - no more, no less.  When are you gonna learn that Trumpy's ideas are about as useful as  a slide rule at a Texas Instruments factory?  

3 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

You just like the payroll tax holiday thing cause it was Trump's idea - no more, no less.  When are you gonna learn that Trumpy's ideas are about as useful as  a slide rule at a Texas Instruments factory?  

Do a search and Look back at when I first said anything about it.   It was before I had ever even heard anything regarding trump having an idea like a tax holiday.

43 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Actually if unemployment took effect then they would have gotten that.  It doesn't account for glitches in the system.  And the plan that I talked about just doesn't give money DIRECTLY to people.

tax holiday makes zero sense,  doesn;t elp those that really need it they pay minimal taxes already.  Most when given the choice are not having taxes taken out of their SS check so it's a non starter for them  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

tax holiday makes zero sense,  doesn;t elp those that really need it they pay minimal taxes already.  Most when given the choice are not having taxes taken out of their SS check so it's a non starter for them  

This was about kickstarting the economy as well as helping some that lost their jobs because of COVID.   That's why it makes sense for EVERYONE except the fringe cases that are being described.  I am really sick of providing the solid reasoning behind the idea as there are a few here that will constantly rally against trying it.   Which makes zero sense.

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

This was about kickstarting the economy as well as helping some that lost their jobs because of COVID.   That's why it makes sense for EVERYONE except the fringe cases that are being described.  I am really sick of providing the solid reasoning behind the idea as there are a few here that will constantly rally against trying it.   Which makes zero sense.

You are getting all bent out of shape because you have an opinion that others disagree with.

It's an opinion, we know what it is, now move on.

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

You are getting all bent out of shape because you have an opinion that others disagree with.

It's an opinion, we know what it is, now move on.

I am not bent out of shape at all.  Every time I hear someone complain about stimulus corruption, I just offer this solution.

Edited by racer254

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I am not bent out of shape at all.  Every time I hear someone complain about stimulus corruption, I just offer this solution.

So you get rid of the corruption whereby PPP loans it appears may be prioritized in fulfillment to larger corporations over small business by baking the same end result into your plan which would benefit larger corporations and higher earning individuals far more.  :thumbdown2:

11 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

So you get rid of the corruption whereby PPP loans it appears may be prioritized in fulfillment to larger corporations over small business by baking the same end result into your plan which would benefit larger corporations and higher earning individuals far more.  :thumbdown2:

It's your story.   As soon as I said anything like tax holiday, people started against the idea.  I didn't set anything in stone, all I have ever said is "tax holiday would stop the corruption where the government decides who gets the money"  It would also stop anyone that doesn't pay taxes from collecting money they never put in.  But man, people really hate the idea.

Edited by racer254

46 minutes ago, racer254 said:

It's your story.   As soon as I said anything like tax holiday, people started against the idea.  I didn't set anything in stone, all I have ever said is "tax holiday would stop the corruption where the government decides who gets the money"  It would also stop anyone that doesn't pay taxes from collecting money they never put in.  But man, people really hate the idea.

The point is you had an idea but it wasn't a well thought out one, in your mind it was great, in the real world not so much. The people that need to benefit are the ones who pay little to no taxes they have little money to start with so they can't wait it out. The money they got went right back into the economy, rent, food, gas, or any other normal needs.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

The point is you had an idea but it wasn't a well thought out one, in your mind it was great, in the real world not so much. The people that need to benefit are the ones who pay little to no taxes they have little money to start with so they can't wait it out. The money they got went right back into the economy, rent, food, gas, or any other normal needs.

Stopping corruption is the best idea out there.  BTW aren't those people already benefiting because they DON'T PAY TAXES?

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Stopping corruption is the best idea out there.  BTW aren't those people already benefiting because they DON'T PAY TAXES?

Well if they were working and barely making enough to pay any taxes or no taxes they needed help.