Check your account email address ×

Trump hints at a very generous stimulus check. $6000 per household.

Just now, 1jkw said:

Because the UE system was overwhelmed , and it is handled state by state not federally.

Thanks, with a tax holiday you don't have to give your money to an entity that can't pay it back when you need it.   WOW, that was too easy.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Thanks, with a tax holiday you don't have to give your money to an entity that can't pay it back when you need it.   WOW, that was too easy.

So you don't send the $100.00 a month paid in taxes on money you haven't yet received ,and this helps how?

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

So you don't send the $100.00 a month paid in taxes on money you haven't yet received ,and this helps how?

Really?  Now it's about the amount?  You don't want to even try to understand this concept at all and it makes no difference how many times I explain it, you still will try and dispute something about it.   Yeah, you want that 1200 dollar stimulus check, I get it.  Then keep complaining when they give the crumbs to the average joe and corps get more.  And you can also complain about the time it takes to get that money back when you need it.   It's all designed to keep you relying on them when it actually is the other way around.  The government should be relying on YOUR $$$ to keep it functioning, instead, they are starting to make everyone feel that we need them to provide us with a STIMULUS.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

What good does a "tax holiday" do for a person who is laid off and not collecting a paycheck or getting their ue in a timely manner? 

It does  zero good but the moron won’t STFU about it.🤣

1 minute ago, Big Crappie said:

What good does a "tax holiday" do for a person who is laid off and not collecting a paycheck or getting their ue in a timely manner? 

Like I said, you can come up with an exclusive position that it may seem like it didn't help.  But, your situation is caused by a government that is not giving you YOUR money.  The very government that you paid, is the reason you are not getting the UE in a timely matter.   That same government made the rules of when you got laid off due to COVID, but did not make sure they were able to compensate your UE in a timely fashion first.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Easy sheep, you are a follower, not a leader.  Go find another garage with a noose in it.

I didn’t find it...somebody from Nascar did and The FBI investigated but I digress. Now back to the discussion of you being an absolute fucking moron.🤣

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Like I said, you can come up with an exclusive position that it may seem like it didn't help.  But, your situation is caused by a government that is not giving you YOUR money.  The very government that you paid, is the reason you are not getting the UE in a timely matter.   That same government made the rules of when you got laid off due to COVID, but did not make sure they were able to compensate your UE in a timely fashion first.

So once again, how does your tax holiday help the person that is not getting paid?

There are so many stipulations with this stimulus that they could have covered the bases very easily.   They didn't want to entertain anything except a one time payment to keep the masses in check.   Everyone falls in line and are happy little 1200 dollar sheep.  Didn't take much to buy you off.

Just now, Big Crappie said:

So once again, how does your tax holiday help the person that is not getting paid?

Many people still have not got their stimulus check, how did the stimulus help them when they are not getting paid?  Your scenario isn't even covered then either.

Just now, racer254 said:

Many people still have not got their stimulus check, how did the stimulus help them when they are not getting paid?  Your scenario isn't even covered then either.

Never mind.

Just now, Big Crappie said:

Never mind.

Exactly.  Like I said, many don't want to even try to understand this concept at all and it makes no difference how many times I explain it, you still will try and dispute something about it.  

1 hour ago, Big Crappie said:

He just can't see it.

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

Really?  Now it's about the amount?  You don't want to even try to understand this concept at all and it makes no difference how many times I explain it, you still will try and dispute something about it.   Yeah, you want that 1200 dollar stimulus check, I get it.  Then keep complaining when they give the crumbs to the average joe and corps get more.  And you can also complain about the time it takes to get that money back when you need it.   It's all designed to keep you relying on them when it actually is the other way around.  The government should be relying on YOUR $$$ to keep it functioning, instead, they are starting to make everyone feel that we need them to provide us with a STIMULUS.

Yes somewhat it is about the amount, 1200.00 tax free cash to someone who's entire years tax burden is only 1300.00 now get all that amount in one shot not 100.00 a month.

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I don't see it?   LOL.  You're the one constantly coming up with some unicorn situation where only the 1200 dollar one time check would help.

Yes you don't see it and you are the only one who doesn't. Driftbusta posted about the benefits it had on the economy  according to economists. 

4 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

Yes somewhat it is about the amount, 1200.00 tax free cash to someone who's entire years tax burden is only 1300.00 now get all that amount in one shot not 100.00 a month.

The government should be relying on YOUR $$$ to keep it functioning, instead, they are starting to make everyone feel that we need them to provide us with a STIMULUS.

In order for this to turn, you have to be able to ride out the storm.  1200 now, or 100 per month.  I guess it's the difference that many don't want to take.

Exactly.  Like I said, many don't want to even try to understand this concept at all and it makes no difference how many times I explain it, you still will try and dispute something about it.  

I understand what you are saying very well. I'm saying in this situation you're wrong. :bh:

12 minutes ago, racer254 said:

The government should be relying on YOUR $$$ to keep it functioning, instead, they are starting to make everyone feel that we need them to provide us with a STIMULUS.

In order for this to turn, you have to be able to ride out the storm.  1200 now, or 100 per month.  I guess it's the difference that many don't want to take.

The government was able to function because people were still working and paying taxes.   

A snake pointed out and as everyone here except you realizes that not everyone could ride out the storm.

1 hour ago, 1jkw said:

The government was able to function because people were still working and paying taxes.   

A snake pointed out and as everyone here except you realizes that not everyone could ride out the storm.

There are hard luck cases every where every day.   Stimulus is not the answer.  Government money is not the answer.

They needed $300 worth of food right now, not over the course of a year. They needed gas in the car right now, not over the period of a year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

They needed $300 worth of food right now, not over the course of a year. They needed gas in the car right now, not over the period of a year.

First, I am sorry for their hardships.  If they asked you, would you have helped?  Or would you have told them to wait for the check.  Did they have rent, house payment.  Did they all lose their jobs from COVID?   I don't know the situation, but if they had hardships, you can apply for government assistance other than the stimulus.

Edited by racer254

8 minutes ago, racer254 said:

First, I am sorry for their hardships.  If they asked you, would you have helped?  Or would you have told them to wait for the check.  Did they have rent, house payment.  Did they all lose their jobs from COVID?   I don't know the situation, but if they had hardships, you can apply for government assistance other than the stimulus.

They didn't ask me, and yes I helped.

I'm not getting into their situation. All I know is theirs was one of many.

I was guilty of dissing the money off hand. I'm man enough to admit it didn't hit me until it hit my family.

No question there were abuses and there were failures. Point it, the iron was hot and it needed striking. It would dead, cold steel by the end of the month.

• Like 1