Check your account email address ×

Trump hints at a very generous stimulus check. $6000 per household.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, 1jkw said:

No, companies that got bailouts pay CEO's millions, if you are being paid a multi million dollar salary to run a company and you don't have the reserves to keep the company  going during hard times without government bailouts, you are not worth what they are paying you.  You seem to think an hourly wage worker shouldn't need a bailout, given that, how much less so should a million dollar CEO?  No I don't think everyone should make the same, but the pay ratio in public companies has gotten out of hand, as have the golden parachutes for failed leadership.  Any company getting a bailout should have salary limits on its board and CEO as well no dividends until it is all paid back.

:lol:   Where did I post that?   In fact I posted quite the opposite.   I supported some govt action but I wanted it thru existing means tested programs not just send everyone a check.  You do know what means tested is?

Very few public companies got bailouts and many that did returned them.   PPP was intended for companies 500 people or less.   It wasn't just companies that took money that shouldn't have.   Planned Parenthood, Harvard just to name a few.   You going to be critical of those places for taking money?   Likely not. 

13 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I wouldn't mind an extra $6g's to spend on an upcoming "vacation" or sorts.  

Remember to save uncle sam's share.   Lots of people are in for a shock tax time next year. 

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You seem to think that people on this forum are advocating for these CEO's.  We are not, but this stimulus was not needed the way it happened and I had been showing you how to stop the fraud with it, but you and others had better ideas and now look what we got.

You haven't show shit, I simply pointed out why I am for the workers getting some money, the big companies were going to get it anyway and Trump was leading the charge. Trump even brags about it in his campaign commercials.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   Where did I post that?   In fact I posted quite the opposite.   I supported some govt action but I wanted it thru existing means tested programs not just send everyone a check.  You do know what means tested is?

Very few public companies got bailouts and many that did returned them.   PPP was intended for companies 500 people or less.   It wasn't just companies that took money that shouldn't have.   Planned Parenthood, Harvard just to name a few.   You going to be critical of those places for taking money?   Likely not. 

You have posted that everybody should have enough to get by for a few months.  Yes I know and I agree with that I also think any company applying should have the limits I stated.   

You have no idea who got money and how much, nor do I, and the fact some returned the money is exactly the point.  Whatever entity  that received the money be it Planned Parenthood or Harvard or a company, the CEO, President and the board should all have salary caps and dividends suspended until the money is paid back.

• Like 1

Just now, 1jkw said:

You have posted that everybody should have enough to get by for a few months.  Yes I know and I agree with that I also think any company applying should have the limits I stated.   

You have no idea who got money and how much, nor do I, and the fact some returned the money is exactly the point.  Whatever entity  that received the money be it Planned Parenthood or Harvard or a company, the CEO, President and the board should all have salary caps and dividends suspended until the money is paid back.

I read an article awhile back that said the government had no idea or record of where the money was going.

2 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

The vast majority of American's should.    

PPP should have never been implemented period......at least not with the money forgiven.  Low or zero interest loans should have been as far as it went.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

The vast majority of American's should.    

PPP should have never been implemented period......at least not with the money forgiven.  Low or zero interest loans should have been as far as it went.

I don't disagree, my point is if you are going to give money to companies who can afford multi million dollar salaries you can give it to average folks too.

2 hours ago, racer254 said:

And you believed it.   FOOL.

Oh they know which average Joe got a check but the other billions are in the wind and if they do know they aren’t telling your or me.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Oh they know which average Joe got a check but the other billions are in the wind and if they do know they aren’t telling your or me.

Nailed it.  Think about the ramifications if we found out that millions were given to super pacs and funneled back into campaign contributions or non profit groups getting millions causing some of the issues we are seeing.

Edited by racer254

38 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I don't disagree, my point is if you are going to give money to companies who can afford multi million dollar salaries you can give it to average folks too.

And my point is we have.  If the state is delayed on UI its not the fed govt's fault.   The money is there. 

I've talked to a large number of business owners in my area and in Northern, Wi and an ongoing issue is people not wanting to come back to work because of the UI+$600 a week so a lot of people are getting it. 

Edited by Highmark

18 minutes ago, Highmark said:

And my point is we have.  If the state is delayed on UI its not the fed govt's fault.   The money is there. 

I've talked to a large number of business owners in my area and in Northern, Wi and an ongoing issue is people not wanting to come back to work because of the UI+$600 a week so a lot of people are getting it. 

Not the feds fault for states not getting UI out,.  

In my state you can't collect if you are called back and don't go back.  A friend of mine just went back to work, he got the extra 600.00 said the money was great but he would have rather just stayed working, he might be the minority of people who feel that way though.

Just now, 1jkw said:

Not the feds fault for states not getting UI out,.  

In my state you can't collect if you are called back and don't go back.  A friend of mine just went back to work, he got the extra 600.00 said the money was great but he would have rather just stayed working, he might be the minority of people who feel that way though.

Think most states are that way and it should be.   If work is available and you are capable you need to work.  

I would be flexible if one of my employee's had a serious pre-existing condition that made them or someone at home vulnerable but at some point it would have to stop.   

On 6/23/2020 at 2:56 PM, 1jkw said:

I know of a number of people actually, they got ubruptly laidoff and waited over a month to get a UE check, I think our state still has a back log of claims. Not everyone was born a silverspooner like you. Try some math sometime and see how much per hour a million dollar a year salary gets, you might quit crying about $1200.00.

If you can't go a few months you have bigger issues than venting to silverspooners.

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

If you can't go a few months you have bigger issues than venting to silverspooners.

If a silverspooner can't go a few months how much worse it must be for an average person?

15 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Trump is doing what Republicans have been accusing Democrats of forever. Free stuff

It's different Trump is doing it three times as much so it's ok now.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Oh so that's a silverspooner to you.

Swoosh.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Oh so that's a silverspooner to you.

Swoosh.

The discussion was about who got money and the fact that companies paying CEO's millions were getting bailouts, I never used the word silverspooner, you did, I thought that might be what Nooks called them. Here a silverspooner would be guys like Trump.

3 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

The discussion was about who got money and the fact that companies paying CEO's millions were getting bailouts, I never used the word silverspooner, you did, I thought that might be what Nooks called them. Here a silverspooner would be guys like Trump.

You used the word not me, it's funny cause my success is all from intellectual property that is 100% researched, developed and marketed from my grass roots.

You think someone would deplete their retained earnings during covid to keep McDonald employees paid?

Fuck you are dumb.

21 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Example?

Banks have been bailed out because of their shitty practices yet you want to dump on the working person...fucking cunt.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

You used the word not me, it's funny cause my success is all from intellectual property that is 100% researched, developed and marketed from my grass roots.

You think someone would deplete their retained earnings during covid to keep McDonald employees paid?

Fuck you are dumb.

Good for you fucktard...go slap yourself on the back somewhere else...you’ve done it enough here. 

• Thanks 1