Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 minutes ago, ckf said:

Cool. Is that you hunting rifle or just a target gun?

Hunting rifle....it's actually my brothers but he is in NC and doesn't hunt so I'm using it. 

13 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Hunting rifle....it's actually my brothers but he is in NC and doesn't hunt so I'm using it. 

Deer rifle? When does your season open? This weekend was youth weekend here in VT. Next weekend rifle season is open.

43 minutes ago, ckf said:

Deer rifle? When does your season open? This weekend was youth weekend here in VT. Next weekend rifle season is open.

November 15th....haven't hunted in a few years so I'm looking forward to being in the woods. :bc:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

November 15th....haven't hunted in a few years so I'm looking forward to being in the woods. :bc:

I love venison, but don't hunt. To be honest I don't think I could pull the trigger unless it was a necessity to survive.

Just now, ckf said:

I love venison, but don't hunt. To be honest I don't think I could pull the trigger unless it was a necessity to survive.

I'm the same way.  I've been but it's just not my thing.  I'm always happy to take some extra venison though.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I'm the same way.  I've been but it's just not my thing.  I'm always happy to take some extra venison though.  :lol:

I hunted when I was a kid, but never shot a deer. I did shot quite a few partridge back then.

I've only shot two whitetail and TBH not sure what I'll do if the big boy wanders my way....I really enjoy just being in the blind as the sun comes up and everything else about deer camp. Shooting a deer is secondary. :bc:

4 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

I've only shot two whitetail and TBH not sure what I'll do if the big boy wanders my way....I really enjoy just being in the blind as the sun comes up and everything else about deer camp. Shooting a deer is secondary. :bc:

Last few times we went to someones camp, we got so snookered up that none of us got up that morning.  BOTH FUCKING MORNINGS.  Sure, there were a couple that tried to get gung-ho...around 10-ish.  :lol:  We had a ball though.  A couple of us made a run to the grocery store to buy some meat for the gill after the second morning!  :lol:

I think the best way to hunt is to do it by yourself or go with people you don't enjoy drinking with until 2 in the fucking morning.  :lol:

Just now, Zambroski said:

Last few times we went to someones camp, we got so snookered up that none of us got up that morning.  BOTH FUCKING MORNINGS.  Sure, there were a couple that tried to get gung-ho...around 10-ish.  :lol:  We had a ball though.  A couple of us made a run to the grocery store to buy some meat for the gill after the second morning!  :lol:

I think the best way to hunt is to do it by yourself or go with people you don't enjoy drinking with until 2 in the fucking morning.  :lol:

Haha....there were a few years up at my old mans camp where my brother never got out to the blind in the morning...I did but holy fuck I was either still pickled or massively hungover. Good times! :lol:

• Gold Member

I have lived in some great hunting states but never hunt.  AK being the best.  Grew up hunting but don't see the point since I turned 18.  Prolly could still hunt praire dogs for fun but anything beyond praire dogs, and game birds I could bring myself to pull the trigger on any big game.

Just now, Biggie Smails said:

Haha....there were a few years up at my old mans camp where my brother never got out to the blind in the morning...I did but holy fuck I was either still pickled or massively hungover. Good times! :lol:

Hang overs and gunfire.  A sweet combination!  Ughhh......:wall:

24 minutes ago, ckf said:

I hunted when I was a kid, but never shot a deer. I did shot quite a few partridge back then.

A familiar story. I hunted when I was younger with my bud growing up mostly small game. Haven't been since. Just never really got into it on my own. 

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

I have lived in some great hunting states but never hunt.  AK being the best.  Grew up hunting but don't see the point since I turned 18.  Prolly could still hunt praire dogs for fun but anything beyond praire dogs, and game birds I could bring myself to pull the trigger on any big game.

Just being out in the woods, listening to all the sounds of nature and seeing everything going on, even if you don't see a deer, elk, etc, is very relaxing 

I don't hunt but enjoy being up at camp the first week though. Lots of friends up, good food, and a few beers. I work on the sleds and camp while there. I do help pull a deer out every now and again. A lot of old timers hunt by me.

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I don't hunt but enjoy being up at camp the first week though. Lots of friends up, good food, and a few beers. I work on the sleds and camp while there. I do help pull a deer out every now and again. A lot of old timers hunt by me.

Are you the camp bitch like me :lol: