Check your account email address ×

Random Photo Thread

• Platinum Contributing Member

33 feet in length, custom-built 750hp supercharged engine, and a torpedo hull, IMPSHI II is the perfect gentleman's racer. It accelerates like a dream- reaching speeds over 80 mph. Its sleek design and bow thruster make docking a breeze. A seamless blend of timeless charm and cutting-edge technology.

www.vandamboats.com

IMG_2047.thumb.jpeg.e80531117d6d57913025361b9e1ea8cc.jpegIMG_2048.thumb.jpeg.d2bd3de5572cf8b2e869adb05b39c621.jpegIMG_2049.thumb.jpeg.fe4b75257d84a9f09b230de7118c8fb9.jpeg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Jerry 976 said:

Someone gave us a couple containers of this stuff, adds blue/green flames to your fire......:thumbsup:

81loRRi+o3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

:lol:

You noticed!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Great pictures…I need to get over there and check it out.👊🏻🌞

I would go on a weekday if you can.  We were there Sunday and it was crazy busy. we didn’t even wait in line on Monday. Do the walking path back.  Get your pass on line for your phone. Save a lot of time. 
Not sure how far away you are from Boyne, but it is cool place to stay and party.  We are 3 1/2 hours away so it would of been kind of a let down to drive all the way up there to walk bridge and then drive home. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I would go on a weekday if you can.  We were there Sunday and it was crazy busy. we didn’t even wait in line on Monday. Do the walking path back.  Get your pass on line for your phone. Save a lot of time. 
Not sure how far away you are from Boyne, but it is cool place to stay and party.  We are 3 1/2 hours away so it would of been kind of a let down to drive all the way up there to walk bridge and then drive home. 

Ah... SkyBridge. Gotcha!

4 minutes ago, nascarmike said:

Ah... SkyBridge. Gotcha!

:thumbsup:

Like I said, if you are traveling a distance, I would stay at the resort . Just my opinion…..cool to see and do but not a all day thing. My wife likes hitting the wineries too.  We spend a lot of time doing that also. :lol:

47 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I’m about 30 minutes away…used to ski there alot back in the day.👊🏻

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m about 30 minutes away…used to ski there alot back in the day.👊🏻

Haven’t skied in a long time. Brought back a lot of good memories being on the chair lift. Like to do it again but damn, break a bone now and it could be a life changer. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Haven’t skied in a long time. Brought back a lot of good memories being on the chair lift. Like to do it again but damn, break a bone now and it could be a life changer. 

It’s been at least 11-12 years since I hit the slopes.

Judith Love Cohen, who helped create the Abort-Guidance System which rescued the Apollo 13 astronauts, went to work on the day she was in labor. She took a printout of a problem she was working on to the hospital. She called her boss and said she finished the problem and gave birth to actor Jack Black.

Judith Love Cohen was, at various times in her fascinating life, an engineer who worked on the Pioneer, Apollo, and Hubble missions, an author & publisher of books about women in STEM and environmentalism in the 90s, a ballet dancer with the New York Metropolitan Opera Ballet Company, an advocate for better treatment of women in the workplace, and actor Jack Black's mother. From an obituary written by her son Neil Siegel after her death in 2016:

“My mother usually considered her work on the Apollo program to be the highlight of her career. When disaster struck the Apollo 13 mission, it was the Abort-Guidance System that brought the astronauts home safely. Judy was there when the Apollo 13 astronauts paid a ‘thank you’ [visit] to the TRW facility in Redondo Beach.”

She finished her engineering career running the systems engineering for the science ground facility of the Hubble Space Telescope.

During her engineering career, she was a vigorous and tireless advocate of better treatment for women in the workplace. Many things that today we consider routine - the posting of job openings inside of a company so that anyone could apply, formal job descriptions for every position, and so forth - were her creations. She had a profound impact on equality in the workforce.

IMG_2058.thumb.jpeg.0c0e8cdee5dc341b78221c78a3aab1e7.jpeg

• Like 4

Just got home from a day trip to Marquette…daughters Jeep is at the dealer up there so she’s taking our rig back up until hers is fixed. Got a few photos…nothing too great but the colors were awesome.

IMG_3991.thumb.jpeg.cf527a17dfd3f74f537dc0fc3b618cbb.jpegIMG_3995.thumb.jpeg.1f7bcba0afdd03ca39221274a1d30495.jpegIMG_4002.thumb.jpeg.569aa0799437252368e5511a0a3eceba.jpegIMG_4006.thumb.jpeg.8feb5f184dfe8aca875df38b115dbeea.jpegIMG_4005.thumb.jpeg.883bd943ceda090cd8b3a1c73054f4ca.jpeg

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 3