Check your account email address ×

FSCE Shop Talk

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I keep a couple of those around but I bought a real nice aluminum sled lift a few years ago that rolls.  Not sure why I waited so long to buy one.  I love it.  Being able to raise the sled up and work on it is awesome.

Snagged one of these off CL couple of years ago for moving sleds around to outside of the garage onto the grass/snow to load them into the trailer, and for putting them into the garage after unloading.

s-l1000.jpg_cf.jpg.905e525230d4ffcfd2f8def175e8e235.jpg

Guy's wife bought it for him for his birthday, but he didn't hardly use it and it was taking up space in the garage , so he got rid of it.  I keep it in my enclosed trailer when not using it and in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Snagged one of these off CL couple of years ago for moving sleds around to outside of the garage onto the grass/snow to load them into the trailer, and for putting them into the garage after unloading.

s-l1000.jpg_cf.jpg.905e525230d4ffcfd2f8def175e8e235.jpg

Guy's wife bought it for him for his birthday, but he didn't hardly use it and it was taking up space in the garage , so he got rid of it.  I keep it in my enclosed trailer when not using it and in the summer. 

I don’t own one...and that’s hard to believe.   But I’ve never needed it.  I’d grab one if it was a good price though.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, I keep a couple of those around but I bought a real nice aluminum sled lift a few years ago that rolls.  Not sure why I waited so long to buy one.  I love it.  Being able to raise the sled up and work on it is awesome.

Are you talking something like this...my buddy sold his sleds and gave me a basically brand new one...they are sweet.

A605857B-C5E3-43DC-8160-0FBF9B0083A0.jpeg

Picked it up for $150 iirc.  They're almost $300 new. Guy I bought it from wasn't going to starve to death selling it to me cheap :lmao:. He lived in about a 3200sq foot split , a driveway and garagt full of newer trucks and SUVs. And the 3rd Bay of his garage had a 4 post lift with a 1967 Corvette 427/435HP on the bottom, and a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T SE 440 Six Pack 4spd(1 of 135) .  Fucker should have just given it to me for free for making more room for him in his garage so he could sit and stare at his cars in the winter :lol:

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Does that hand jack come off so ya can just use an impact with a socket?

Yes.  It comes will a drill extension also.  I've used an impact on it before too.  But, it's just less hassle to crank by hand.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Jimmy and ginger say the same.

The one thing I'd do if I were to design and build one is make the jack work more like a floor jack with a long handle for moving it around. But, meh...it works well as designed.  Also, depending on where you buy...the drill extension may be extra.  Me and a buddy bought mine here locally from a guy that welds aluminum docks and awnings for a living.  I think it was $250 each? STEAL!  Aluminum is nice and light...no rusty!

4 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yep!  Fucking sweet as pie!  

F1D86F8B-4162-4117-8B73-A661A4F59AFD.jpeg

I'd like to have one of those some day after I get my pole barn up. For now, I have a 2 eye bolts screwed into the ceiling that anchor to the floor joists of my attic storage trusses. I've got a clip on 4" carabiners and a come along attached to it. Haven't used both to lift a sled up completely off the ground yet, but it will hold the weight of a sled no problem. Those trusses/floor joists are 2x10".  Ive done 6 stud jobs on sleds using that set up. Works great. But I would like one of those fancy lifts some day.   :bc:

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

WealthyFragrantAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-size_restricted.gif_cf.gif.ce98f7037faf70aac927134906571eb9.gif

6 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Are you talking something like this...my buddy sold his sleds and gave me a basically brand new one...they are sweet.

A605857B-C5E3-43DC-8160-0FBF9B0083A0.jpeg

6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yep!  Fucking sweet as pie!  

F1D86F8B-4162-4117-8B73-A661A4F59AFD.jpeg

I purchased one of those years ago at Princess Auto up here. Originally got it at an end of the season sale for half price then a couple weeks later they reduced it again. I think all in it cost me about $70-$80 dollars?

Works great for my Vector and I use it throughout the year for storage as well. https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/750-lb-snowmobile-service-lift/A-p8328270e

IMG_0161 (Large).JPG

IMG_1332 (Large).JPG

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, SVT Renegade XRS said:

Anyone who says they don't or haven't is a fucking liar. :bc:

My wife once told me none of her ex's ever did.

3 Days later when I finally stopped laughing I kindly explained to her sometimes a dude just wants to bust , then get on with his day.

10 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I just got this.  :lol:

5 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

I'd like to have one of those some day after I get my pole barn up. For now, I have a 2 eye bolts screwed into the ceiling that anchor to the floor joists of my attic storage trusses. I've got a clip on 4" carabiners and a come along attached to it. Haven't used both to lift a sled up completely off the ground yet, but it will hold the weight of a sled no problem. Those trusses/floor joists are 2x10".  Ive done 6 stud jobs on sleds using that set up. Works great. But I would like one of those fancy lifts some day.   :bc:

WealthyFragrantAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-size_restricted.gif_cf.gif.ce98f7037faf70aac927134906571eb9.gif

That shit makes me laugh every time.  :lmao:

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

My wife once told me none of her ex's ever did.

3 Days later when I finally stopped laughing I kindly explained to her sometimes a dude just wants to bust , then get on with his day.

:lmao: yea, major liar 

That's one of the best stress relievers. If you ain't getting morning sex, there's nothing like starting the day with a hot cup of coffee and rubbing one out.  :lol:Much easier and faster these days with your regular "go to's" on the internet :lol:

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

Fuck I miss when I was young and the wife was out of the house at 6 to get to work.  Jerk off sports center shit and shower and my day was already at a 10 before I left for work. 

:lol: That was pretty much my daily routine when I was on afternoon shift, M-F :lmao:

Midnight's was worse for a sex life. Glad I'm on days now. 

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

I just got this.  :lol:

That shit makes me laugh every time.  :lmao:

That guys laugh is ridiculous :lmao:

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

Tried to pick up one of those sorting trays at the Horrible Fraught and they were out of stock.

Picked up a label maker at Target instead whilst checking out milfs.  

Around $20 after tax with a few meters of label tape.

IMG_20190410_201511[1].jpg

Craftsman lesson for the day:

If you are at a pawn shop/flea market/garage sale/etc and come across round head Craftsman ratchets, here are the two styles I have, both referred to as the tri-wing.

The larger one is made overseas.  I have a full set of these.  They are good ratchets and you should be able to pick them up for $5 a piece or less.

The smaller one is the sought after one.  I picked this one up today for $5.  If you happen across these and they are priced right, I'd pick them up.  I think this style is the second most sought after Craftsman ratchets, after the made in the US 84 tooth pearheads.  

IMG_20190412_222511[1].jpg

IMG_20190412_222527[1].jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Craftsman lesson for the day:

If you are at a pawn shop/flea market/garage sale/etc and come across round head Craftsman ratchets, here are the two styles I have, both referred to as the tri-wing.

The larger one is made overseas.  I have a full set of these.  They are good ratchets and you should be able to pick them up for $5 a piece or less.

The smaller one is the sought after one.  I picked this one up today for $5.  If you happen across these and they are priced right, I'd pick them up.  I think this style is the second most sought after Craftsman ratchets, after the made in the US 84 tooth pearheads.  

IMG_20190412_222511[1].jpg

IMG_20190412_222527[1].jpg

I have the smaller style one.  Good unit.  :bc:

Neal

Picked up the grinder and light a few weeks ago. The light is awesome with the magnetic bass and pivot head. The tripod one takes up to much room in my truck.  The grinder does well for a battery but doesn’t have the torque of a plug in. I can stall it with a 6” cut off wheel.

0E10AD1B-98A1-46B5-9B4E-6E5844ED2CAC.png

2EC1C71C-D8E8-4185-9C2B-9358BCD791C0.png