Check your account email address ×

FSCE Shop Talk

On 4/13/2019 at 12:28 PM, racinfarmer said:

Went slumming it today after breakfast and picking up some light bulbs.

Picked up 3 screwin tools at the local bargain store.  1 Wiha (Germany) and 2 Enderes (made in MN) for $7, all new.  

Stopped at the sketchy pawn shop and found a made in the US Craftsman in/lb torque wrench for $20, really nice.  Will have it the QA department at work check it out for me.

When I say sketchy, I mean the type of pawn shop that keeps basketball hats and shoes behind locked glass cabinets and Snap On power tools out in the open type of place.

IMG_20190413_120534[1].jpg

USA made Craftsman torque wrenches are fawking junk.  I have all three sizes.  Don't trust them for anything other than tightening lug nuts.

I'm ready to drop serious coin on some torque wrenches.  

Edit:  Been looking at some wrenches from these guys.  http://www.torqwrench.com/tools/C.php  High quality, made in 'merica, and reasonably priced.  

Edited by teamgreen02

10 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

USA made Craftsman torque wrenches are fawking junk.  I have all three sizes.  Don't trust them for anything other than tightening lug nuts.

I'm ready to drop serious coin on some torque wrenches.  

Edit:  Been looking at some wrenches from these guys.  http://www.torqwrench.com/tools/C.php  High quality, made in 'merica, and reasonably priced.  

The QA tech said it wasn't bad, but did get worse the further up the scale went.  I'm not too concerned at only $20.  

21 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

The QA tech said it wasn't bad, but did get worse the further up the scale went.  I'm not too concerned at only $20.  

I don't trust mine on anything anymore.

I came across this one yesterday.  Basically a rebranded Snap-on for half price.

https://www.amazon.com/CDI-1002CF3-Computorq-Electronic-Torque/dp/B000I1UTI4/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=cdi+torque+wrench&qid=1556578559&s=gateway&sr=8-5

26 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I don't trust mine on anything anymore.

I came across this one yesterday.  Basically a rebranded Snap-on for half price.

https://www.amazon.com/CDI-1002CF3-Computorq-Electronic-Torque/dp/B000I1UTI4/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=cdi+torque+wrench&qid=1556578559&s=gateway&sr=8-5

Other way around.  Snap-Off rebrands those and marks them up a long shortman's shit ton.  

Snap-Off makes a lot of stuff, but there is a lot of stuff they source that you can buy for 1/2 price or less.  

Drill bits, tap and die sets, torque wrenches, etc.  

There is a huge thread about it on Garage Journal.  

Found @Zambroski's next sled on the Facebook!

Wat I have here is..
2010 sno pro 600 sx very clean sled 680 miles on it. Sled been sitting for 2 year ran it every year ... but never drove it last time staring it was being of winter ... so now carb need be clean sled run on 91 bump gas or 95 , 100 octane flashed ecu for trail 32/1 mix tune pipe cmp spring vforce3 2 half woody track studs high compression dome piston timing switch team racing clutches only put on 60 miles since I bought it in 2016 never drive it want it gone!! I know I'm Missing stuff Asking 3000 obo or trade, I have 4500 in sled book out 5000 private 4250 looking for 4x4 atv sport quad or rocket ( no junk or dirt bikes )

Cause nobody wants a premix, carbed, high compression race sled for the trails.....

Unless they bar hop, wear pit coats and spend all day taking pics of themselves and the sled all day.....

So they can post to a degenerate filled sled site claiming how awesome they are?????

4 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Cause nobody wants a premix, carbed, high compression race sled for the trails.....

Unless they bar hop, wear pit coats and spend all day taking pics of themselves and the sled all day.....

So they can post to a degenerate filled sled site claiming how awesome they are?????

But nobody wants what you ride for a trail sled either.  Did that come with that sissy barred banana seat or was it an “option”.

7F71CCD4-1808-4C27-B679-2A7A5763F12D.gif

44 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Did you read the ad?

29 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Lots run what I run. And put big miles.

No faggot 15 mile days!

Pit coat not needed

🖕

If you ride like me, you need a pit coat to loiter around in before you start flipping the flappity flap go-fast thingy. :news:

39 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Lots run what I run. And put big miles.

No faggot 15 mile days!

Pit coat not needed

🖕

Dude, it’s over.  :lmao:

7 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Did you read the ad?

If you ride like me, you need a pit coat to loiter around in before you start flipping the flappity flap go-fast thingy. :news:

Put coat.  Best winter garment ever created. EVER!!!!!

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

$400 with the trailer.  Wonder what kind of lowball half assed offensive offer I should make.

00S0S_835T2uITao7_1200x900.jpg

Sweet trailer!  There was another tiny one around here with ski holes poked through the front.  Props for it being "enclosed" though.  :lol: