Check your account email address ×

FSCE Shop Talk

Ok FSCE Braintrust.

This shitty thing has taught me a few new swearword combos I thought not possible.

Now the POS will run and mower great, like a fucking bat out of hell, for around 20 minutes, then it sputters about until you disengage the mower. 

Clears itself out and runs like a damn champ! 

Re-engage the mower and it sputters and carries on and whatnot.

I'm listing it up for sale tomorrow either way.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Ok FSCE Braintrust.

This shitty thing has taught me a few new swearword combos I thought not possible.

Now the POS will run and mower great, like a fucking bat out of hell, for around 20 minutes, then it sputters about until you disengage the mower. 

Clears itself out and runs like a damn champ! 

Re-engage the mower and it sputters and carries on and whatnot.

I'm listing it up for sale tomorrow either way.  

What?

27 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

What?

My Forest Gump mower.  

It has been a real pile.  

Runs and mows great for 15-20 minutes, then acts up and will only run and drive, but not mow. 

Or sit with the mower on, but as soon as you start to drive, it sputters and carries on until you turn the mower off, then it clears itself out and runs great again.

7 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

My Forest Gump mower.  

It has been a real pile.  

Runs and mows great for 15-20 minutes, then acts up and will only run and drive, but not mow. 

Or sit with the mower on, but as soon as you start to drive, it sputters and carries on until you turn the mower off, then it clears itself out and runs great again.

I would guess fuel or it's sucking air..seems to struggle under load when the blades are engaged?? could just be the governor spring is shot or linkage is binding. Even a little tweak in all that control linkage can really fuck up a mower

13 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I would guess fuel or it's sucking air..seems to struggle under load when the blades are engaged?? could just be the governor spring is shot or linkage is binding. Even a little tweak in all that control linkage can really fuck up a mower

I just find it odd that for 15-20 minutes, it runs, drives, and mows like a absolute unit, then just falls flat on it's face when the blade is engaged.  Disengage the blade and once it clears itself out, it runs great.  Re-engage the blade and back to falling flat on it's face.  

Either way, I'd done with it and it is priced to sell.  Already had the usual smattering of lowball offers.  One might actually be serious. 

Sold the mower yesterday.  Guy said he knew exactly what was wrong with it.  2 hours later he is messaging me that it won't start.

Reinvented my recouped investment money in a pair of Ryobi clamp fans.  So worth the $25 each if you are already on the Ryobi battery setup.  They'll make sitting in staging a lot more comfortable.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 4:53 PM, racinfarmer said:

Sold the mower yesterday.  Guy said he knew exactly what was wrong with it.  2 hours later he is messaging me that it won't start.

Reinvented my recouped investment money in a pair of Ryobi clamp fans.  So worth the $25 each if you are already on the Ryobi battery setup.  They'll make sitting in staging a lot more comfortable.

i should pick myself one for the Sxs to move air

7 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i should pick myself one for the Sxs to move air

The Homeless Despot has them right now.  At the store we go to, they are on the front wall with a bunch of other Ryobi stuff.  

• 1 month later...
  • Gold Member
On 7/16/2022 at 11:12 AM, 800renegaderider said:

FedEx just dropped off some goodies 👍 

ram clutch, frpp billet flywheel and new hardware 

75CDC9F2-C845-4707-85AD-31ED0553985D.jpeg

Stayed late got most of the transmission stuff back together. It was to damn hot to finish it up tonight though. Couple more things on the list to wrap up and hopefully this turd is ready to be running again after 5 long years.2985B6F1-CB5E-4156-B848-8AAB7090FF87.thumb.jpeg.4723d76fef7e3952808af05c4be9215d.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Those are a must have for salty northern areas 👍

I have recently found that out on the 02 4Runner..lol..Bolt heads. Just crumble..

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Welp, back to fighting the small engines.

Snowblower quit life a month or so ago, but between the tractor and a shovel, haven't needed it.

Decided to work on it. 

Can't get it to start to save my life. 

Guess that $18 shipped carb from the jungle website is probably fucking junk.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Welp, back to fighting the small engines.

Snowblower quit life a month or so ago, but between the tractor and a shovel, haven't needed it.

Decided to work on it. 

Can't get it to start to save my life. 

Guess that $18 shipped carb from the jungle website is probably fucking junk.

I would tell people to buy 5, you might get one that would work or have enough pieces to build a complete carb..

On 2/21/2023 at 5:02 AM, Rigid1 said:

I would tell people to buy 5, you might get one that would work or have enough pieces to build a complete carb..

After a few good sessions in the heated ultrasonic cleaner and some troubleshooting, she fired up and chooched along.

Not well, but chooched nonetheless.

Now, how many here want to tell me how great the Horrible Fraught furniture rollers make excellent sled rollers?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

After a few good sessions in the heated ultrasonic cleaner and some troubleshooting, she fired up and chooched along.

Not well, but chooched nonetheless.

Now, how many here want to tell me how great the Horrible Fraught furniture rollers make excellent sled rollers?

You are AvE overloading it!  :lol:

Neal