FSCE Shop Talk

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Went to Lowe's to get a box of screws, walked out with this fucker, half price, $624 for the whole thing..Score

IMG_20211113_121925184.jpg

I was looking at that set up at the man mall. Made in USA cheaper than China freight.:junk:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

$800+ later……… 

And yes, I’m not sure how long that HF cart will be around. The inflatable tires feel like they are made out of plastic, not rubber. 

14CD5587-F6BC-4EB2-B3FA-34552E1DEF77.jpeg

I use this 90% of the time.

8FA72722-915A-4EDE-B2CD-79D1148710A1.png

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Finally pulled out all my T12 bulbs and replaced them with LED Retro's. Bought them from Amazon for $200 as I couldn't find them anywhere local. 2 days and at my door.

The comments about them online are true. They are probably too bright. See whether I like them in the long run or not.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 5:00 PM, Woodtick said:

I scrapped my big tanks last year after renting them for 20 years....lol

I bought a similar small set. The Peavey Mart has an exchange plan for the tanks.

On 11/13/2021 at 5:00 PM, Woodtick said:

Went with 125/75 sized tanks from the local welding supply store. Bought the tanks for just a tick over $400. Complete setup like you have there is $325ish at HD or HF. Wife bought me the torch kit (torch heads, regulators, etc) for an early Christmas present. $75 for a cart from HF and I’m now completely set up. Used them two weeks ago to burn all of the junk brake parts off my sled trailer. Worked like a champ. 

11 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Did some cleaning/organizing/hanging on the service cart.

Still have way too much stuff cluttering up the bottom of the cart though.  448354963_PXL_20211120_2118106621.thumb.jpg.c58267e483e8e54ab8cb5d004b9b9a31.jpg

Go buy another one. I see they have them $200 off for Black Friday. 

10 hours ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Went with 125/75 sized tanks from the local welding supply store. Bought the tanks for just a tick over $400. Complete setup like you have there is $325ish at HD or HF. Wife bought me the torch kit (torch heads, regulators, etc) for an early Christmas present. $75 for a cart from HF and I’m now completely set up. Used them two weeks ago to burn all of the junk brake parts off my sled trailer. Worked like a champ. 

Go buy another one. I see they have them $200 off for Black Friday. 

If they'd have had that when I bought my 5 drawer cart, I'd probably buy one. 

I have the 5 drawer cart and the service cart with 1 drawer. 

Both I bigly recommend.

Plus, what I spent on both "all in" is about what the 5 drawer cart alone sells for today.

On 11/17/2021 at 9:54 PM, Blackstar said:

Finally pulled out all my T12 bulbs and replaced them with LED Retro's. Bought them from Amazon for $200 as I couldn't find them anywhere local. 2 days and at my door.

The comments about them online are true. They are probably too bright. See whether I like them in the long run or not.

I went through the same thing in my garage.  Replaced 3 incandescent bulb with 9 nice LED fixtures.  Looked too bright right away but you get used to it.  Now I don't even notice it.  Sure is nice when working on sleds in the winter or cleaning cars.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 1:56 PM, Rigid1 said:

Went to Lowe's to get a box of screws, walked out with this fucker, half price, $624 for the whole thing..Score

IMG_20211113_121925184.jpg

Nice!  I still got my first set of craftsman’s my old man gave me when I turned 16.  Some good stuff.

15 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I went through the same thing in my garage.  Replaced 3 incandescent bulb with 9 nice LED fixtures.  Looked too bright right away but you get used to it.  Now I don't even notice it.  Sure is nice when working on sleds in the winter or cleaning cars.

My shop is in a damn basement right now.  I’ve got some led bulbs screwed in but im about to go full, 8’ 5500’s in there.  I cannot stand dark shops.  Gonna light it up like……

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nice!  I still got my first set of craftsman’s my old man gave me when I turned 16.  Some good stuff.

My shop is in a damn basement right now.  I’ve got some led bulbs screwed in but im about to go full, 8’ 5500’s in there.  I cannot stand dark shops.  Gonna light it up like……

Still got my Craftsman stuff I bought in college after the stuff I got in high school was stolen.  Such nice tools for a reasonable price and all made in the good ol USA.  

Shop in basement can be ok if it stays warm.  Got some stuff done on mine today, set my track tension, sucked out the remainder of the old gas, and put in 6 gallons of fresh 91 mixed 100:1. 

Then moved stuff from my shop to my garage so I can work on it where it's warm.  Working on stuff in the cold is for the birds.

• 3 weeks later...

and for the ford owners need parts? go to ford parts .com sign up pick a dealer put in your vin. i have a fleet account with the local dealer so i have not ordered parts off this site. but anyone can. it will show list and the discounted price. it will always beat napa or the others on price. i heard gm was going to do something like this also. 

• 2 weeks later...

Every project has that one thing that should take two minutes and it turns in to hours.  The Enticer race sled is that project.  All of it.

I now have a spindle with a rusted in ski bolt that has broke off both sides and I've drilled out until I can drill no more.

FML.

PXL_20220102_174544495[1].jpg

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...