Check your account email address ×

1/4” impact driver.

35 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I left mine out on a roof for over a week,and it rained twice. The customer called me after he found it and he said it still worked. That was about a year ago.  As my battery stuff fails, it gets replaced with fuel.

yup. 

43 minutes ago, Anler said:

For demo we only use hilti stuff, it is by and far the best and excellent customer service for repairs. For smaller power tools we use Milwaukee and makita. We have tried the hilti stuff and the price just doesnt warrant it as we chew those up just as fast as the others. 

They are crazy expensive, but for the heavy stuff they are the best.

1 hour ago, Anler said:

For general work around the house I much prefer the smaller drill and driver. Is the kit a drill and driver ?

The impact driver, charge station, and two batteries. I do like it because of its smaller size. 

2 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

I've had a Hitachi 18v impact and drill for about 12 years now, it's has been thru hell and back and still works flawless, just used it yesterday to drill out a broken sparkplug. One of the two batteries it came with had failed about 4 years ago, but picked up a replacement at the hardware store with out issue..I think Hitachi is Metabo now

15871324399229175207749748504202.jpg

I’ve got the exact same drill. I’ve put it through hell and back. Still works great. 

• Like 1

Just now, spin_dry said:

The impact driver, charge station, and two batteries. I do like it because of its smaller size. 

It will drive any screw or even lag bolt you need it to. I dont need an 18v with a car battery on the bottom of it to hand curtains and picture frames around the house. I actually framed my entire basement with a masterforce 12v driver. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

It will drive any screw or even lag bolt you need it to. I dont need an 18v with a car battery on the bottom of it to hand curtains and picture frames around the house. I actually framed my entire basement with a masterforce 12v driver. 

I already have a 3/8” and 1/2” 18v. I can buy three of the $99 units for the price of a high end dewalt or Milwaukee. Only down side it that it’s another charge stand in the shop. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

I already have a 3/8” and 1/2” 18v. I can buy three of the $99 units for the price of a high end dewalt or Milwaukee. Only down side it that it’s another charge stand in the shop. 

I use the 12v 90% of the time. 

13 hours ago, Tomas. said:

I use Milwaukee at work because they bought it and it has more power regardless of what "on paper" says but for my personal I went with a rigid setup. 

Rigid offers lifetime warranty on parts and batteries as well as lifetime service.

For pro use I would get Milwaukee.  Tons of different tools to suite a variety of trades from auto repair, heavy equipment, to construction.  At home I have all Ridgid cordless tools.  The 1/2" electric impact is awesome.  Just wish they made a 3/8" ratchet.

6 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

By most accounts the Milwaukee stuff is as good or better than the Snap-on battery powered stuff.  Snappy still shines with their traditional hand tools.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Need a new one. Looking at the Milwaukee M12 or M18. I already have the M18 1/2” but the M12 is more compact with the smaller battery pack. I’m not set on Milwaukee. 

We have hundreds of Milwaukee M12 and M18 tools, tools that get used and abused everyday, you won't go wrong.

Just a Dewalt cordless drill and impact for occasional use and so far so good. Got both on sale for a great price and for all the requirements I need out of them, that was good enough for me. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Got the $99 Milwaukee M12. 

They make some nice Milwaukee 12v tools now that the other brands have not come up with as of yet. They make a few different ratchets and an angle die grinder that are all top shelf. I would suggest you get at least one of the 12v extended batteries if you are going to use it alot.

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

If you can live with 12v than Milwaukee but if you are going 18 v than I would suggest Makita brushless.   DeWalt not so much.

I gave all my Makita's (4 of them) away to a neighbor, the XR DeWalt's have been far better.

3 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

I gave all my Makita's (4 of them) away to a neighbor, the XR DeWalt's have been far better.

They break like it is their job at work. The new 20v DeWalt crap has not been great. I have a Makita 18v impact that drove locking aircraft hardware for close to ten years and it still works. 

4 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

If you can live with 12v than Milwaukee but if you are going 18 v than I would suggest Makita brushless.   DeWalt not so much.

i have the pm ac brushless grinder for 200 bucks. there is quite a bit of noticeable slop in the spindle. motor is supposed to be basically a 3 phase but can run on computer controlled single phase 120v. for the money, i should have just bought a shitty brushed grinder for 50 bucks

9 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

They break like it is their job at work. The new 20v DeWalt crap has not been great. I have a Makita 18v impact that drove locking aircraft hardware for close to ten years and it still works. 

My DeWalt cordless Hammer Drill has been in use for at lease 15-20 years, never had any issues with it. Makita's were so-so, it's why I gave them away, they all still worked but had some issues including the triggers of which all 4 went bad, Makita gave me new ones but still...I still have 1 corded Makita Hammer Drill which has been good..so far anyhow..

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

My DeWalt cordless Hammer Drill has been in use for at lease 15-20 years, never had any issues with it. Makita's were so-so, it's why I gave them away, they all still worked but had some issues including the triggers of which all 4 went bad, Makita gave me new ones but still...I still have 1 corded Makita Hammer Drill which has been good..so far anyhow..

I think that's pre black and Decker owning them and when Chervon still made Dewalts electric motors and batteries

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I think that's pre black and Decker owning them and when Chervon still made Dewalts electric motors and batteries

Actually Black & Decker doesn't own them, Stanley does. Milwaukee is made in Hong Kong.

Brands like Ryobi, Dirt Devil, Oreck, Milwaukee Electric and Hoover, for example, are owned by Techtronic Industries based out of Hong Kong. The Connecticut-based Stanley Black & Decker owns many brands beyond its name, including Lenox, Craftsman, Irwin Tools, DeWALT and CribMaster.

Edited by XCR1250

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Actually Black & Decker doesn't own them, Stanley does. 

Correct, I forgot about that taking place