Check your account email address ×

Barn Find!!! Restoration of a old pile thread?

cleaned out a barn for a guy. He said  he wanted everything out of there scrap it all....

20200405_141811.thumb.jpg.eab168b100df9ebb5093d7a789b6c961.jpg it has spark and good compression no fuel it's sat in that Barn for 20 + years. Track is beyond shot. I already see the fuel filter is plugged tight with green crap and I'm sure the carbs are plugged. so that's where we going to start, with the fuel system. I intend to groom my local trail that goes to the main trail it's about 4 miles long. with this Panther.

Any of you guys here interested in home restoration of a old pile? Chime in

Edited by GreenStreak
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, GreenStreak said:

cleaned out a barn for a guy. He said  he wanted everything out of there scrap it all....

20200405_141811.thumb.jpg.eab168b100df9ebb5093d7a789b6c961.jpg it has spark and good compression no fuel it's sat in that Barn for 20 + years. Track is beyond shot. I already see the fuel filter is plugged tight with green crap and I'm sure the carbs are plugged. so that's where we going to start, with the fuel system. I intend to groom my local trail that goes to the main trail it's about 4 miles long. with this Panther.

I have everything for that sled. I will give you everything for free.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, GreenStreak said:

Hey, ain't you the porker that used ta' be inta guns????

Where the fuck ya' been?  

Do you remember the ON-LINE firearms test I gave ya'????? 

Case hardening, grooves, lands, Mossberg shotguns shooting slugs!!!  

Moisin Nagants  !!!!!  :lol::lol::lol:

20 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I’ve got my dad’s “74 VIP panther up at the lake home. One of these days I’ll bring it home for a resto. I’ve been slowly collecting bits and pieces  

Nothing like a Cat-o-matic transmission, they were putting out POS sleds forever. :lol: :bc:

I'd put those carbs in one of those heated ultrasonic cleaners.  Then rebuild the carbs with all new jets and gaskets.  Should be able to find a used track that is better than what is on there.  Should be a good machine for pulling around a drag.

• Like 1