Check your account email address ×

10 minutes ago, hayward said:

Looks like Ben fell out of bed and hit his head again this morning......

I fell out of bed and went in to work to soak up overtime while we still can

When I was 18, myself and 3 of my friends met him at sawdust city days in Eau Claire. We were standing in line waiting to get into the beer tent. Kenny was standing beside the people streaming in. I looked at him and said...you’re Kenny Rogers. He shushed me. Once inside we asked him to come over and join us. The conversation quickly turned to fishing. The guy was a fishing fanatic just like the 3 of us so that stole most of the conversation. He told us about how his ex-wives were raping him financially. :lol: I think he had 3 at the time. It was a downtime in his career as he had left his original band a couple of years before. His hit Lucille had just come out and was just climbing the charts. He was basically between hits and playing at what amounted to a county fair. He was a super nice guy and really down to earth, but he was a player with the ladies. Other than meeting  Lurch and Uncle Fester when I was little, he’s the only celebrity I’ve met. Two last things about Kenny. He was short and could really drink. 

Edited by spin_dry
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

When I was 18, myself and 3 of my friends met him at sawdust city days in Eau Claire. We were standing in line waiting to get into the beer tent. Kenny was standing beside the people streaming in. I looked at him and said...you’re Kenny Rogers. He shushed me. Once inside we asked him to come over and join us. The conversation quickly turned to fishing. The guy was a fishing fanatic just like the 3 of us so that stole most of the conversation. He told us about how his ex-wives were raping him financially. :lol: I think he had 3 at the time. It was a downtime in his career as he had left his original band a couple of years before. His hit Lucille had just come out and was just climbing the charts. He was basically between hits and playing at what amounted to a county fair. He was a super nice guy and really down to earth, but he was a player with the ladies. Other than meeting  Lurch and Uncle Fester when I was little, he’s the only celebrity I’ve met. Two last things about Kenny. He was short and could really drink. 

Cool story.  He sounds like a good guy.  :bc:  RIP Kenny

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Probably :lies: but very very cool if true :bc: