Check your account email address ×

2021 Ski Doos

1 minute ago, Momorider said:

Better and more refined design Fuel efficiency plus big factory HP with warranty shit needs a 50% over design to be reliable for every day retards :guzzle:

Dude....what part of there is no way to make a better turbo motor than the 1200 don’t you get?

Just now, f7ben said:

A slightly lower g4 wide body with the 1200 and 225hp would absolutely destroy an srx and be 10x the trail sled 

It would dominate the discourse also. there would be nothing else like it. 

Just now, f7ben said:

Is it reliable or a nightmare like the sdi1000

Sdi was unreliable for other reasons also. It seemed to have gremlins all over. I think it could be done with etec fairly well. why not? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, ACE said:

The SDI1000 was freaking sweet if you got a good one 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Sdi was unreliable for other reasons also. It seemed to have gremlins all over. I think it could be done with etec fairly well. why not? 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

yeah if you got into em there are guys who got them running really good. 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Is it reliable or a nightmare like the sdi1000

Wasn’t one of the big issues sucking belt dust into the intake? 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yup. I bought one with 2200 miles on it. I pulled the reeds out and they were half plugged off with belt mess. The seal between the side panel and air box was really bad on them 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

the guy I knew that had one seemed to have a bunch of electrical gremlins. I was with him one time and it went goofy. We went to a dealer in northern Wisconsin and they took the part right off of a showroom model and put it on his sled and we were on our way. But it did stuff like that alot. His was a 2005 so first year mach. 

13 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Those days are gone you can't make Ridder forward sleds that can take a bump go fast like those :news:

You haven't been on or near a 800 144 Assault.   That sled/chassis set up is extremely efficient.   As is my 2014 800 Indy SP.    Best running 140-145 HP sled I've ever seen except early Firecats.  

Edited by Highmark

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Dude....what part of there is no way to make a better turbo motor than the 1200 don’t you get?

A 1200T is a no brainer to me but concensus is that motor is gone, BRP made no money on that motor, they are a parts supply Co. I own 2 btw

Best

Replacement

Parts

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yes....along with other things.   05-06's had issues with ground that fucked with things working right.  07's were suppose to be more reliable.  

Just now, Anler said:

the guy I knew that had one seemed to have a bunch of electrical gremlins. I was with him one time and it went goofy. We went to a dealer in northern Wisconsin and they took the part right off of a showroom model and put it on his sled and we were on our way. But it did stuff like that alot. His was a 2005 so first year mach. 

Yes the wiring harness was improperly engineered and the machine would end up hunting for ground amperage a lot.  Lots of guys  attribute that to the random burn downs because apparently the injectors could get under powered and go lean. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

You haven't been on or near a 800 144 Assault.   That sled/chassis set up is extremely efficient.   As is my 2014 800 Indy SP.  

As a matter of fact... :lol: When i get a new sled I was thinking about making this sled a lake slayer. Pipes, heads, drivers and 1" hacksaw. But I would want it to stay trailable. 

Just now, ACE said:

Yes the wiring harness was improperly engineered and the machine would end up hunting for ground amperage a lot.  Lots of guys  attribute that to the random burn downs because apparently the injectors could get under powered and go lean. 

Believe it caused fuel pump issues.   There is a very long post on the fix on DooTalk or HCS.   I think the 07's were better.  

1 minute ago, Anler said:

As a matter of fact... :lol: When i get a new sled I was thinking about making this sled a lake slayer. Pipes, heads, drivers and 1" hacksaw. But I would want it to stay trailable. 

My brother is a very good tuner and his fucking hauls the mail.  Not a ton of changes either other than a single and clutching and still running the 1.35 Cobra.   

It would be a great sled to do it to.  

Edited by Highmark