Check your account email address ×

500 miles in one day on a sled. It’s a fundraiser in the UP. Who wants to sign up with me?

29 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

sounds like fucking he'll lol 

I will toss you a few bucks if you want to put your self thrugh the baton death March 

My boss will right a check for it. Remember I wanted to do it on that old sled of mine?  It’s not as promoted as it used to be. It’s a easy ride,all RR grades and Lakes. Nick is a great guy and doesn’t self promote, he is a brick and concrete finisher from your way. Rides all winter.

i've done just under 400 in a day but not sure i'd want to do 500.  suppose if i could pick the right trails and limit the busy areas it would be ok but i'd also want to avoid doing 100 miles on a railbed.  last time i did that I was bored beyond belief but i figured it was an easy way to make sure my son was good with a 300 mile day.    

When and where? Link?

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

i've done just under 400 in a day but not sure i'd want to do 500.  suppose if i could pick the right trails and limit the busy areas it would be ok but i'd also want to avoid doing 100 miles on a railbed.  last time i did that I was bored beyond belief but i figured it was an easy way to make sure my son was good with a 300 mile day.    

I did 386 on a ZX back in '03-'04.  500 on a G4 would be a breeze 

8 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

The only rider I'd sponsor for 500 miles of railroad grades is @Zambroski.  Knowing he will hate everything after 75 miles would make every dollar worth it.

You think I’d even consider the 75 miles on a RR grade?  Yuck!  I’m one-arming that shit and blipping the throttle until we get to real trail.....and it better be coming in the next half mile.  You know!

Still, I will accept sponsorships for this.  PayPal addy sent!  :lol:

46 minutes ago, Edmo said:

We use the RR grades to get to our fave restaurants and bars or to get somewhere quickly. Otherwise we avoid them.

Exactly, use them to make time. They can be hell when they are all lumped up. 

11 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

We did like 280-290 last year in northern Wisconsin and that was along ass day, no grades. 500 miles means filling up the tank 4 times and really no other breaks. 

Edited by Anler

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Exactly, use them to make time. They can be hell when they are all lumped up. 

we maintained one when I was part of the trail club with CKF and between the bumps and people jamming ski's in the switches could be the worst trail of your day or best depending.  People always bitched and moaned but when the snow gets down to the rails theres nothing that can be done.  

1 minute ago, Anler said:

We did like 280-290 last year in northern Wisconsin and that was along ass day, no grades. 500 miles means filling up the tank 4 times and really no other breaks. 

that 400 mile day we had no rail beds and about 80 miles off trail early in the day to connect a loop with no maintained trail.  More than half the miles were after we got lunch around 2.  ended up back at camp around 10 so a 13 hour day.  We did that loop a few times and depending on exact route was 350-390 miles.