Check your account email address ×

44% of Americans age 18 to 64 are low-wage workers

8 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Who want to work for cheap, you mean

:lol:

you’re going to believe what you want, but if you have skills and are not afraid to work.  There are plenty of opportunities out there to make good money..  I get 5 - 6  offers a week. Who would want some old guy if a line of qualified young guys were standing in line? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Statistics: "millennials are much poorer than their boomer parents were at their age"

White dudes: "not my privileged white children"

My father made more money and lived a wealthier life than his father. I have more money and live a wealthier life than my parents.  My kids live a wealthier life than me and will soon have more money than I do. 

The common denominator is education and hard work. 

Is your kid going to live a wealthier more financially secure life than you?  If not then why is that?

• Thanks 3

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Statistics: "millennials are much poorer than their boomer parents were at their age"

White dudes: "not my privileged white children"

Hey, who's the person you most admire in history?? You know the one you post here about most...your leader..Just curious, what was his racial stance?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

My father made more money and lived a wealthier life than his father. I have more money and live a wealthier life than my parents.  My kids live a wealthier life than me and will soon have more money than I do. 

Is your kid going to live a wealthier more financially secure life than you?  If not then why is that?

An entire generation falling behind their parents is a system failure, not an individual one.

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yup, no shit.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I ain't... :sad:

ld29f6345-m0xd-w640_h480_q80.jpg

As a millennial I find it annoying that older generations lump the hard working, well paid, degreed crowd with the minority SJW/tide pod eating idiots out there. Most of my friends are all successful and all own homes. My wife and I purchased our home without a single cent of assistance, we have no Debt outside of our home and a vehicle, and our retirement strategies have been well thought out and are being contributed at 15% each.

in the meantime I spend a bunch of money on new vehicles, snowmobiles, boats, etc. 

if you are hard working, intelligent, and desirable within your field you have nothing to worry about. I agree to a point with @frenchy that there are people of every generation who are entitled and lazy, but I do not believe that the vast majority are.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Legend said:

BTW most millennials I know do fairly well for themselves. Of course they didn't get worthless degrees in college either. And I don't hangout in urban areas.

Almost all of my friends in AK are under 40. They are all doing very well for themselves. They are skilled craftsmen. Electricians, plumbers, operators, engineers, mechanics, carpenters, hairdressers, dental assistants, nurses, etc. 

I’m talking hundreds of people, not just a dozen or so. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, thewayout said:

As a millennial I find it annoying that older generations lump the hard working, well paid, degreed crowd with the minority SJW/tide pod eating idiots out there. Most of my friends are all successful and all own homes. My wife and I purchased our home without a single cent of assistance, we have no Debt outside of our home and a vehicle, and our retirement strategies have been well thought out and are being contributed at 15% each.

in the meantime I spend a bunch of money on new vehicles, snowmobiles, boats, etc. 

if you are hard working, intelligent, and desirable within your field you have nothing to worry about. I agree to a point with @frenchy that there are people of every generation who are entitled and lazy, but I do not believe that the vast majority are.

Nailed it. 

Why does noggin have such a hard time understanding this. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, thewayout said:

100% facts 

I once hired a kid while he was still in high school. Was bugging me bad for a job. Well

hes turning 20 now, still here, and makes more money than his parents do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Nailed it. 

Because he is an asshole, that’s why. It’s all doom and gloom with him. That’s a problem within this country, positive outlook on life is poor. There’s a lot to be grateful for and living in the US is one of those things. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Nailed it. 

The “understanding” for radicals is already prepackaged for them.  Along with new SJW definitions, economic, financial and political science theories.  Revisionist history becomes available for 2nd year members.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Anecdotes don't outweigh statistics. 

Millennials, which are basically all adults under 40, are broke, have no assets, rent their homes, and are trying to just survive in a climate of stagnant wages and rising prices. 

Because they don’t want to move out of ridiculously overpriced cities where they can Uber everywhere they want, drink $5 lattes 3 times a day and Uber eats every dinner. 

My company is a mid sized company privately held $90m a year in revenue and we have 20-25 entry level jobs sitting vacant daily for 6 months at a time because we can’t find people to fill them. 

$60k - $65k a year right out of college. 

Your tales of woe aren’t reality for those who want to make a living and earn and aren’t afraid to leave their comfort zone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

Best time to be a young person with a great work ethic.  Very little competition. Spent the weekend in Florida with my daughter and her friends.  They are Coming into the work force making money in their 20’ s my generation or boomers never dreamed of. 

friends daughter coming out of school making 70k + bonus and thats not totally out of the ballpark for lots with useful majors.  millenials with work ethic and who went into the trades or got a good degree will be just fine,  those without just like the generations before will struggle.  

I do worry about those who are only making money now because of a tight unemployment situation,  they will have a wake up call whether millenial or Gen Xer when the economy starts sputtering.