Check your account email address ×

44% of Americans age 18 to 64 are low-wage workers

Just now, motonoggin said:

Millennials only hold 3% of total US wealth, and that's a shockingly small sliver of what baby boomers had at their age

https://www.businessinsider.com/millennials-less-wealth-net-worth-compared-to-boomers-2019-12

5de6a78efd9db209722b706a.jpeg

Boomers are gonna die. Their wealth will be passed down. Any Millennial who is worth a shit will get part of that wealth.

Quit being envious of other peoples wealth and start building your own. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Boomers are gonna die. Their wealth will be passed down. Any Millennial who is worth a shit will get part of that wealth.

Quit being envious of other peoples wealth and start building your own. 

Lmao, it won't get 'passed down'. It'll be gobbled up by capitalists, resulting in even more wealth concentration. 

Just now, motonoggin said:

Lmao, it won't get 'passed down'. It'll be gobbled up by capitalists, resulting in even more wealth concentration. 

Millennials are great capitalists.   The good ones will get their share no doubt. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

Wealth isn’t finite with capitalism 

common mistake by betas 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Millennials are great capitalists.   The good ones will get their share no doubt. 

Oh for sure. They have lots of tools at their disposal that boomers never had 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, thewayout said:

As a millennial I find it annoying that older generations lump the hard working, well paid, degreed crowd with the minority SJW/tide pod eating idiots out there. Most of my friends are all successful and all own homes. My wife and I purchased our home without a single cent of assistance, we have no Debt outside of our home and a vehicle, and our retirement strategies have been well thought out and are being contributed at 15% each.

in the meantime I spend a bunch of money on new vehicles, snowmobiles, boats, etc. 

if you are hard working, intelligent, and desirable within your field you have nothing to worry about. I agree to a point with @frenchy that there are people of every generation who are entitled and lazy, but I do not believe that the vast majority are.

I figure that if somebody wants to pick the worst out of a group and use that for their example then that says a lot about their outlook on life. Always looking for the worst. :bc:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SSFB said:

I figure that if somebody wants to pick the worst out of a group and use that for their example then that says a lot about their outlook on life. Always looking for the worst. :bc:

Don’t think it would be unfair to categorize communists as chronic pessimists.  

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SSFB said:

'picking the worst'?

Lol you mean like citing every white Boomer's favorite image of the slacker millennial with an insatiable appetite for latte's and avocado toast? :lol:

8 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

'picking the worst'?

Lol you mean like citing every white Boomer's favorite image of the slacker millennial with an insatiable appetite for latte's and avocado toast? :lol:

You have a very skewed view of the millennial generation. I for one have never had avocado toast or even a latte for that matter. I work hard, have a valuable degree from a respected university, and know many people who also share similar attributes. Your views and news articles are a small slice of the pie that cater to people like you who share the same “glass is half empty” mentality. 

your words and view points are nothing more then regurgitated garbage to those who are currently in the exact opposite situation as you proclaim them to be in. 

Edited by thewayout
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

friends daughter coming out of school making 70k + bonus and thats not totally out of the ballpark for lots with useful majors.  millenials with work ethic and who went into the trades or got a good degree will be just fine,  those without just like the generations before will struggle.  

I do worry about those who are only making money now because of a tight unemployment situation,  they will have a wake up call whether millenial or Gen Xer when the economy starts sputtering.  

My daughter did, also.  My son in law came from nothing.  Working a job , trying to put himself through school.  Walked into car dealer convinced manager he would work his ass off selling cars if he would give him a shot.  In a year and half he was the  finance  manager  .  Now he is a general manager.   Just got flown to another state on a job offer to run his own dealer.   Not even 30 years old.  Where do you think he would be if he decided instead to sit in his basement and post Karl Mark memes all day, blaming the system, his tough break in life. 
The lazy position fillers are always in trouble when the economy starts sputtering. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

'picking the worst'?

Yes, that is what I mean. :bc:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

My daughter did, also.  My son in law came from nothing.  Working a job , trying to put himself through school.  Walked into car dealer convinced manager he would work his ass off selling cars if he would give him a shot.  In a year and half he was the  finance  manager  .  Now he is a general manager.   Just got flown to another state on a job offer to run his own dealer.   Not even 30 years old.  Where do you think he would be if he decided instead to sit in his basement and post Karl Mark memes all day, blaming the system, his tough break in life. 
The lazy position fillers are always in trouble when the economy starts sputtering. 

Great example. Most millennials would scoff at selling cars and would deem it beneath them. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, thewayout said:

You have a very skewed view of the millennial generation. I for one have never had avocado toast or even a latte for that matter. I work hard, have a valuable degree from a respected university, and know many people who also share similar attributes. Your views and news articles are a small slice of the pie that cater to people like you who share the same “glass is half empty” mentality. 

your words and view points are nothing more then regurgitated garbage to those who are currently in the exact opposite situation as you proclaim them to be in. 

Cool story privileged white kid with no self awareness

2 minutes ago, frenchy said:

Great example. Most millennials would scoff at selling cars and would deem it beneath them. 

And most boomers and Gen Xers would have chosen to not hire the kid because of preconceived opinions of millennials, yet in reality he is no different then when they were younger. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1