Check your account email address ×

Truck tire thread

• Gold Member
48 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I've been wanting to try Cooper Discovery tires out on last couple trucks but replaced the truck before it really needed tires. The one @Angry ginger mentioned seem relatively inexpensive

I've got 15k on my AT3's on a Ram 1500 and they are pretty good so far. I will say the ride is a little stiffer than the stock Goodyear tire.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Duratracs

meh. loud as fuck and at 2/3 tread their performance decreased drastically. I replaced mine with Toyo Open Country AT2 AW's and IMO they are a much better tire at a slightly lower price.

Edited by frenchy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

I did Wrangler Duratrac AT/S for the second time on the wife's ride.  A good tire IMO.

Neal

I've ran the Wrangler's before.   Decent tire. :bc:

Just now, frenchy said:

meh. loud as fuck and at 2/3 tread their performance decreased drastically. I replaced mine with Toyo Open Country AT2 AW's and IMO they are a much better tire at a slightly lower price.

Some Toyo's are incredibly durable. 

14 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

I've got 15k on my AT3's on a Ram 1500 and they are pretty good so far. I will say the ride is a little stiffer than the stock Goodyear tire.

Quoted $909 out the door with tire disposal. Doesn't seem to bad considering I had expected to be over a grand for any new set that wasn't Chinese junk  :dunno:

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Quoted $909 out the door with tire disposal. Doesn't seem to bad considering I had expected to be over a grand for any new set that wasn't Chinese junk  :dunno:

Mine were around 725 out the door. Considering the price, I love mine.

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

Mine were around 725 out the door. Considering the price, I love mine.

FML......Cheapest I see them so far is $194 for just the tire alone   :sad: 

17 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

FML......Cheapest I see them so far is $194 for just the tire alone   :sad: 

Are they 20’s? None of those are cheap.

I loved the general grabber at/2's. They had minimal road noise (that I noticed), awesome in the snow, and when I bought them they were decently priced.

sketch-1574783518948.png

Edited by Tomas.

46 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

I loved the general grabber at/2's. They had minimal road noise (that I noticed), awesome in the snow, and when I bought them they were decently priced.

sketch-1574783518948.png

Those are good tires, very similar tread as the BFG KO's.

3 hours ago, irv said:

My dad, who is over 80 yrs old, and has likely tried more tires than anyone I know, being that age, and travelling all over this province and others due to his pipeline work for years purchased a set of Cooper's for his car 2 years ago and said they were the nicest, quietest and smoothest tire he has ever owned. I believe they are also Discovery's?

We have a local place that sells Cooper's and not a soul around can touch their prices due to the volume they sell. Most likely the place I will be using and Cooper's will most likely be the tire I choose as well.  

Yup Coopers for the win

5 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Those are good tires, very similar tread as the BFG KO's.

The BFG KO2’s are probably the nicest all around truck tire I’ve ever had. But they wear on the fast side 

8 minutes ago, 168hp CAT 800 said:

The BFG KO2’s are probably the nicest all around truck tire I’ve ever had. But they wear on the fast side 

May be true on my daily driver, however on my 3/4 ton plow truck I have 10+ years on them, also use that truck for pulling my 22 foot 4 place Triton trailer for ATV's, so far only the right front has shown some wear, there is some sunlight cracking though on all 4.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

May be true on my daily driver, however on my 3/4 ton plow truck I have 10+ years on them, also use that truck for pulling my 22 foot 4 place Triton trailer for ATV's, so far only the right front has shown some wear, there is some sunlight cracking though on all 4.

My diesels seem to eat them. But they’re always spinning on gravel roads 

7 hours ago, Highmark said:

Can't say for snow tires but the Toyo's I've had on my 2500HD have been amazing.   This is my 3rd diesel and I never made more than 25K on a set of tires until these.   Went 55K and had some tread left.   Wet snow they are fair.   Dry/hard snow they are very good.   Not bad for road noise either for this aggressive of tire.   

https://www.toyotires.com/tire/pattern/rugged-terrain-open-country-rt

The A/T's might be the way to go.   The more micro cuts a tire has in the lugs the better it will be on the ice.

X2. I have them on my HD as well. Toyo Open Country AT. Excellent traction especially in the snow, very little noise and super smooth. Hands down better than the BFG's and I used to preach BFG's to the masses. 

• Haha 1