Check your account email address ×

What’s the ugliest new sled on the market

Rod

What’s the ugliest new sled on the market   

8 members have voted

1. 1. What’s the ugliest new sled on the market?

• The 2020 ski doo XP 850
    • Probably the 2021 XP 850

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, thewayout said:

Shit, I changed it. These stupid “fuck yous” are placed in the same spot as a “like” on TBP :lol: 

I thought maybe when I said I skipped the 500 series sleds, you thought I was slamming them or something? 

All's good. :bc:

Just now, irv said:

I thought maybe when I said I skipped the 500 series sleds, you thought I was slamming them or something? 

All's good. :bc:

Definitely not. I mean, who wouldn’t jump right to a 600 triple from a 400 twin. Don’t blame ya. :bc: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 168hp CAT 800 said:

Good poast op

My last 4 sleds have been Skidoos and Polarises, but before that I’ve had a couple cats in the history.  I still think the cat front end geometry is the best in the business.

7 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

This is an Axys....

IMG_4980.JPG.fd2d7118acbc6a2a2c5950e98a3db294.JPG

Come on, you know what I mean. I’m no expert on Polaris lingo. Pro-ride?

6 hours ago, Snake said:

I'd kill myself if I had to do 200+ mile days on a 600.

I want to be off the sled by 2 or 3 oclock eating steak.

Didn’t you have a 600 class vector and nytro?

6 hours ago, thewayout said:

I miss my XCR, but i got a cash offer I couldnt turn down for it and it had over 4k miles with a warranty expiring this year.  I'll be snowchecking a new poo 850 XCR next year, the prices these idiots want for dealer snowchecked poo 850s right now are disgusting.  $15,220 USD for a 2020 XC 850?  OTD close to 17k after you add in studs.  :puke: 

Until then i found a great deal on this 2018 XRS to get me by for a year, maybe 2.  its got 2 years of warranty left, studs, electric start, and its mint. It'll work for now until i get on a jesus chassis again.  :bc:

It must suck to have to worry about sleds when they hit 4K miles. I’d have to trade in every year. :lol: 

Can’t you find a low mileage 1-2 year old used Axys? I see plenty on craigslist/FB and they seem like they’re the same or cheaper than the G4’s. :dunno: 

3 minutes ago, rump-rider said:

Come on, you know what I mean. I’m no expert on Polaris lingo. Pro-ride?

Didn’t you have a 600 class vector and nytro?

It must suck to have to worry about sleds when they hit 4K miles. I’d have to trade in every year. :lol: 

Can’t you find a low mileage 1-2 year old used Axys? I see plenty on craigslist/FB and they seem like they’re the same or cheaper than the G4’s. :dunno: 

In my area, a 19 850 axys chassis is way more expensive then a 17 or 18 850.

i chose to sell it while I could get good money for it, not because i had to. If you were offered over market value for a sled with cash in hand, would you turn it down? 

Edited by thewayout

Drew's 800 xcr was fast. It would have beat Brian's cat 800 by several lengths in 1000'. 

I will say that Brian's cat gets out of the hole well....probably would have been close to Drews xcr for 100-200'.....the cat lays down in the midrange and like every other procross 800 lacks any topend speed at all.

:news:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Drew's 800 xcr was fast. It would have beat Brian's cat 800 by several lengths in 1000'. 

I will say that Brian's cat gets out of the hole well....probably would have been close to Drews xcr for 100-200'.....the cat lays down in the midrange and like every other procross 800 lacks any topend speed at all.

:news:

@bussman @Ez ryder

1 minute ago, bussman said:

When adjusted for Bhen ProCross hatred skew that’s his way of saying you’re my bitch and will get destroyed. :owned: 

Your sled is easily the best procross I've ever ridden....had cat released the 2019 model in 2012 it might have been a successful chassis

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Your sled is easily the best procross I've ever ridden....had cat released the 2019 model in 2012 it might have been a successful chassis

It’s $600 to put the new front suspension on mine. Everything I’ve read and watched say it’s a significant improvement in handling. I might do it. 

1 minute ago, bussman said:

It’s $600 to put the new front suspension on mine. Everything I’ve read and watched say it’s a significant improvement in handling. I might do it. 

I dont see how the front could really get any better

3 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

that is one of the few  reasons I am selling my summit every time I hit somthing I was all worred it was bent even though I put a full z broz brace kit in it .I do lime the midrange in that 850 but in all honesty in a up hill or flat land race it is no faster that the cat or poo all pretty much together .

I really don't like the exagerated shift it makes when crossing a trench on a side hill . that made my butt hole pucker a few times and prob #1 reason it is going 

I run into the guys at snow tech through out the winter. Their home bass is down the road from my cabin. They have said repeatedly, great mid range. Top end and out of the hole, the 850 is the same as a 800. They also said the 850 does shine out west with a big paddle. It’s funny how the 850 is none existent in Ice drags,grass drags, and black top drags?  

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I dont see how the front could really get any better

All the reviews say it handles tighter. Both mine do/did push some but it doesn’t bother me. I don’t think ride quality is much different, just more precise and better handling. I’d really like to ride one first or have a guy here give an honest review. 

Just now, bussman said:

All the reviews say it handles tighter. Both mine do/did push some but it doesn’t bother me. I don’t think ride quality is much different, just more precise and better handling. I’d really like to ride one first or have a guy here give an honest review. 

I like a controlled push but now that you mention it yours was a little worrisome at times when I was waiting for it to bite

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I like a controlled push but now that you mention it yours was a little worrisome at times when I was waiting for it to bite

Mine is studded and I left the worthless stock carbides on because I couldn’t decide between Bergstroms or Shapers. That’s why it pushed worse. I may have saved a few bucks waiting now. 

8 minutes ago, bussman said:

They say the handling is quite noticeable 

7 minutes ago, bussman said:

Pretty decent thread on all this on HCS.  I personally don’t see it being worth it.  Just put some decent skis on it.  Or, lean a bit harder.  I also think I also read where the mounting location for the track angle was changed also.  I can’t remember tho...but if that’s the case, messing around with new a arms and spindles is gonna funk up the rest of the drive.