Check your account email address ×

All you’re 850 are belong to me!

Rod

17 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

George you are supposed to get a cover belt and numbers thrown in any sled deal.....If you ask and they say no, out the door you go, if you failed to ask, next time...

The last 4 sleds never got anything except 25% off on all the extras and some hats. The cover is $369 and the belt is around $150 or so which I'm getting the discount on. Two free hats also

1 hour ago, smokin george said:

The sales mngr said it'll be ready the following Friday. When I got home he called and asked how about this Friday. I only need a travel cover which I ordered in and told him I don't need registration #"s ($40). The wife has a unit that can make numbers,decals etc in all sorts of colors in marine waterproof vinyl. Once I get the #"s on I'm gonna ceramic coat the entire sled

What prep work are you doing before you lay it down? Just a wipe down with IPA or something different? 

1 minute ago, irv said:

What prep work are you doing before you lay it down? Just a wipe down with IPA or something different? 

I've got some ceramic coating that I'm gonna apply. Stuff lasts a year,goes diamond hard, gives a deep shine and will protect the tunnel from boot scuffs

Just now, smokin george said:

I've got some ceramic coating that I'm gonna apply. Stuff lasts a year,goes diamond hard, gives a deep shine and will protect the tunnel from boot scuffs

What is the before prep-work before you apply it, George? 

16 minutes ago, irv said:

What is the before prep-work before you apply it, George? 

Just wash real good, let it dry, you put 5-6 drops on ( I cut a small piece of micro fiber cloth) and wrap on the sponge. Do a small section horizontally and vertically then gently wipe/polish with a clean micro fiber cloth. Repeat till it's all done then reapply with a second coat. I ordered it from Amazon.ca. $40

20191030_145354.jpg

Edited by smokin george
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Last year local radar run

Buddy had his 2019 Doo 850 Renagade x.   About 500 miles on it completely stock.

My sons 2014 800 gade adrenaline 3000 miles bumped timing, aftermarket Y and some clutching.

14 800 was 3-4 mph faster all day.   Both running 1.25 ripsaw tracks with 96 studs.

Needless to say that day and a few others we ran against doo 850's have not impressed me.

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Buddy had his 2019 Doo 850 Renagade x.   About 500 miles on it completely stock.

My sons 2014 800 gade adrenaline 3000 miles bumped timing, aftermarket Y and some clutching.

14 800 was 3-4 mph faster all day.   Both running 1.25 ripsaw tracks with 96 studs.

Needless to say that day and a few others we ran against doo 850's have not impressed me.

The 2017 850 129" Demo I had was fn fast, 118-119 with noting but neglect and abuse. Like most 1st MY they re-map n detune, the 2018 was nowhere near fast but it's been dead balls reliable. I went back to the Tractor with a throttle cable, I want another one... I'm old.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

I have never heard anyone that owned the etec 850 that didnt like it. etecs are great running engines. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

except for the fact I own a 850 summit 

Nobody gives a fuck about what stupid faggot mountain sled gets up the hill the best. This is a forum of flatlanders who race out on lakes and fields. No procross 800 cat has been winning there ever

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Nobody gives a fuck about what stupid faggot mountain sled gets up the hill the best. This is a forum of flatlanders who race out on lakes and fields. No procross 800 cat has been winning there ever

I dont think he even owns that sled. he just says he does so he can complain about it. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You own the slowest sled ever made, 600 feet in twenty five minutes....boom!!

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

lmfao ok why for you take some time and look up some actual sanctioned snow and ice drag results from tf be past oh I don't know 20 yrs to today and get back to me with results actual results not quite from the,Polaris snocheck excuse book