Check your account email address ×

All you’re 850 are belong to me!

Rod

16 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

ive ridden since 06 without studs 2-3k miles a year most of the years and can count on one hand the number of times i wished i had them.  Unfortunately 2 of those times i damaged myself and my sled but riding a mix of off and ontrail the rocks and trees and studs don't mix well at all.  16/17 winters i had the ice cobra and put a bit over 5k on that track and it was really exactly what i wanted for traction just wore like shit

Last time I owned a sled without studs was January of '01, first ride on my '01 MXZ 800.  After that, I added studs and haven't and won't ride without them ever again. Prior to that I never ran studs, but didn't have anything that had the power and needed them until I got my '01.  

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

or you ride where they are really not needed but the prestudded give you a little go on the icy lakes.  

not really.. we did testing back to back on blizzard with the ice ripper and one with teh rip 2 and the ice ripper under hard excelleration, the lugs folded back.  you could fold them byt hand and the studs did nothing, the same sled 600 etec blizz was big difference on ice

14 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

not really.. we did testing back to back on blizzard with the ice ripper and one with teh rip 2 and the ice ripper under hard excelleration, the lugs folded back.  you could fold them byt hand and the studs did nothing, the same sled 600 etec blizz was big difference on ice

The prestudded give a little safety on ice but not even close to push thrus. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Last time I owned a sled without studs was January of '01, first ride on my '01 MXZ 800.  After that, I added studs and haven't and won't ride without them ever again. Prior to that I never ran studs, but didn't have anything that had the power and needed them until I got my '01.  

Last winter I switched off with a bud who rides an apex. No studs. After about 3 miles I couldn't wait to get off the fucking boat.