Check your account email address ×

Short sellers betting against Tesla lose more than $1 billion in single day as stock surges

A doctor in Florida burned to death because the battery in his Tesla burst into flames and the car's futuristic door handles wouldn't allow a police officer to rescue him, according to a legal complaint. Dr Omar Awan died in February after his Tesla hit a palm tree. ...part of the design of the Tesla Model S is to retract the door handles into the car and they then "auto-present" and pop out when the car's key fob is detected nearby.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Snake said:

A doctor in Florida burned to death because the battery in his Tesla burst into flames and the car's futuristic door handles wouldn't allow a police officer to rescue him, according to a legal complaint. Dr Omar Awan died in February after his Tesla hit a palm tree. ...part of the design of the Tesla Model S is to retract the door handles into the car and they then "auto-present" and pop out when the car's key fob is detected nearby.

:owned:

• Haha 1

I have to admit where I was wrong with Tesla.  I didn't think they would get the manufacturing process down to hit their target of 7000  Model 3's a week but it looks like they have.  I also underestimated peoples willingness to pay more than the $35k price point that was initially placed on the model 3.  It sill surprises me that people will pay north of $40K for a Model 3, outside the EV capability the car is extremely cheap feeling. 

25 minutes ago, F3600 said:

I have to admit where I was wrong with Tesla.  I didn't think they would get the manufacturing process down to hit their target of 7000  Model 3's a week but it looks like they have.  I also underestimated peoples willingness to pay more than the $35k price point that was initially placed on the model 3.  It sill surprises me that people will pay north of $40K for a Model 3, outside the EV capability the car is extremely cheap feeling. 

People in America elected trump. Nothing surprises me. 

1 minute ago, Doorider said:

2 of them at my work.  One was over 50k with options, the other is the dual motor version that was around $60k. I rode in one, nice car if it was $25k

the S is a nice car,  the 3 an econobox in feeling.  And WTF is vegan leather.  just call it fucking vinyl seats.  

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

the S is a nice car,  the 3 an econobox in feeling.  And WTF is vegan leather.  just call it fucking vinyl seats.  

Think about the people who are the target for the marketing. 

34 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

the beltminder in most new cars is next to impossible to get rid of.  

In my son’s car it goes thru the speaker so you have to do some wiring tricks to install an amp or the belt and door gong will blow out your ears.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stephen Hawking said:

You never hear it if you have your belt on. 

even after scalping myself as i attempted to exit through the windshield i don't always wear one.  I live where it's not required and never have gotten used to wearing one.  

On 10/25/2019 at 10:26 AM, spin_dry said:

People in America elected trump. Nothing surprises me. 

they are not the ones buying a tesla so they can fit in at the cocktails party .

consumer reports sums the model 3 up perfect.  build quality of a early 90s hyundi.  

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

In my son’s car it goes thru the speaker so you have to do some wiring tricks to install an amp or the belt and door gong will blow out your ears.

the wifes highlanders fucking terrible.  also can't figure out how to shut it off when the rear glass is open,  awesome when you run to home depot and need a bit of extra room and don't want to take a trailer