Check your account email address ×

850’s are killing the market

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

The sport itself is not doing great.   While sales were up in 2018 its still down by almost 35,000 sleds a year in a decade and almost a 50% decline in 2 decades.  

at 14k otd for a 3 mo at best toy are you really surprised? 

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

The dealership I get my used sleds at ,told me the other problem is very few can write a check for a used one. They want it,don’t have the cash,and their bank won’t give a loan on the older sled. He calls me every spring when the trails go to shit. Tells me to look at their inventory on line and make him a cash offer on anything I’m interested in. It’s sad,a lot of people can’t do that,but they can walk in and finance a new one with a signature and 5 years of payments.

that and the guys who can afford to go on trips and use there toys can just stroke a check and buy new  and not have a worry .

this is especaly true on mountian sleds can't give the fucking things away 

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

The dealership I get my used sleds at ,told me the other problem is very few can write a check for a used one. They want it,don’t have the cash,and their bank won’t give a loan on the older sled. He calls me every spring when the trails go to shit. Tells me to look at their inventory on line and make him a cash offer on anything I’m interested in. It’s sad,a lot of people can’t do that,but they can walk in and finance a new one with a signature and 5 years of payments.

Financing is the only thing keeping this sport alive. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Financing is the only thing keeping this sport alive. 

hay days was packed this yr really packed  and lots of sleds getting pulled out . sat days end lots of empty gear racks at all the dealers

a good winter gets em back in a hurry 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

hay days was packed this yr really packed  and lots of sleds getting pulled out . sat days end lots of empty gear racks at all the dealers

a good winter gets em back in a hurry 

Many cant afford to buy even a used sled with cash. I bet 80% of that gear is bought on a credit card. Makes my point. 

5 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Yup, Summer is over officially after seeing what people are asking for their used sleds, like 2012 procross 50th anniversary low miles for $6,500 :lol:   

Awesome chassis 

9 hours ago, smokin george said:

Yup. I don't disagree

Studded track,dual carbides,mirrors,fuel caddy,tunnel bag,visor plug and cover. The Doos here are 2K more than down there to start. I price things in comparison with the clapped out ones with high miles

20190904_100853.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member

Popularity of UTV's has had a large impact on sled sales.   Most can't afford both sports and UTV riding areas are expanding every year.  I know more than a dozen guys that have them that use to have sleds.  

Edited by Highmark

32 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Popularity of UTV's has had a large impact on sled sales.   Most can't afford both sports and UTV riding areas are expanding every year.  I know more than a dozen guys that have them that use to have sleds.  

Yes, tons of locals in the UP have gone this route. Sold sleds and ATVs, bought 1 SXS. 

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Just checked my email.  '99 was barely listed on CL for an hour and I already got a reply from someone local (248) area code.  Just sent him a text :thumbsup:

The next 3 will be from vegas, atlanta and Dallas

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Yes, tons of locals in the UP have gone this route. Sold sleds and ATVs, bought 1 SXS. 

There's more sxs"s showing up on the trails here. We have road allowances that connect the trails and more municipalities are holding meetings to open up their areas as well. 

5 minutes ago, smokin george said:

There's more sxs"s showing up on the trails here. We have road allowances that connect the trails and more municipalities are holding meetings to open up their areas as well. 

Yep.   My county just passed an ordinance approving ATV/UTV use on most county roads.   Southeast Wisconsin its huge.  

Idiot's will likely fuck it up in short order as they think its and excuse to drink to excess and drive.  

Edited by Highmark

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Idiot's will likely fuck it up in short order as they think its and excuse to drink to excess and drive.  

I was sitting having lunch in a small town up north in Michigan (wolverine) and there must have been 50 ATVs, UTVs and dirt bikes drive by right thru the middle of town and middle of the street. Most were booking, at least 40-50 mph. The speed limit there is 25. I’d like to see how long this lasts.