Check your account email address ×

850’s are killing the market

• Platinum Contributing Member

:wtf:   I will almost have to give away my 800 etec now it seems. It’s older but a low mile MXZ X that’s almost the price of a First Gen REV 600 freakin beaver tail these days :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

:wtf:   I will almost have to give away my 800 etec now it seems. It’s older but a low mile MXZ X that’s almost the price of a First Gen REV 600 freakin beaver tail these days :lol: 

A 2015 short track should be worth $2500 I would hope.  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

A 2015 short track should be worth $2500 I would hope.  

Oh for sure, I’m just venting a bit. Seeing 2015 XRS’s list locally and asking $4400. 

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Nobody wants any rev 800 with over 5k on the clicker. 

That’s why I need to sell mine soon. About 3k on it now. Still good for another season at least. 

The sport itself is not doing great.   While sales were up in 2018 its still down by almost 35,000 sleds a year in a decade and almost a 50% decline in 2 decades.  

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

That’s why I need to sell mine soon. About 3k on it now. Still good for another season at least. 

In peoples minds 3000 is like 100,000 on a car.

11 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Oh for sure, I’m just venting a bit. Seeing 2015 XRS’s list locally and asking $4400. 

All Doos ae still fetching a decent price here.  Just saw a 15 XRS with 6000 miles for $5800 and a 12 XRS with 1500 miles for $6500.

God Damn Doo can hold resale.  Poo and Cat are in the crapper almost immediately.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

All Doosare still fetching a decent price here.  Just saw a 15 XRS with 6000 miles for $5800 and a 12 XRS with 1500 miles for $6500.

God Damn Doo can hold resale.  Poo and Cat are in the crapper almost immediately.

Still summer prices here but I can’t see them going up much, hopefully I’m wrong

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Still summer prices here but I can’t see them going up much, hopefully I’m wrong

There really isn’t shit for sale here right now.  Usually by the end of this month Craig’s will start getting some better inventory....and bring fall prices.  

Used sled are bitch to sell now.  Just a few years ago I didn’t have to wait more than a month to sell a sled on a Craig’s ad.  Fuck....now it seems it takes six!!  Nobody I know can unload their shit easily.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

There really isn’t shit for sale here right now.  Usually by the end of this month Craig’s will start getting some better inventory....and bring fall prices.  

Used sled are bitch to sell now.  Just a few years ago I didn’t have to wait more than a month to sell a sled on a Craig’s ad.  Fuck....now it seems it takes six!!  Nobody I know can unload their shit easily.

Haven’t even listed the 2 XP’s I have but intend to in a few months. Either re-up to something newer / brand new or just ride my resto mods :lol:

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

Four strokes take a shit as well. People buy them for their reliability, but trade them in before they get 10k on them?

Didn’t you just pick up a decent used 4 poke Yammi for short cash? 

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I couldn’t sell my last XP with like 6k on it. Tried for 2 months. Ended up trading it in for 3 grand.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

2 strokes.  Also, depends on the brand.  For some sleds, 3k miles is like 200,000 miles.

Miles also depend on where you ride. My xf 700 has about 12k on it and the motor has never been opened up. I’ve only ridden it in snow. It’s parked in snirty conditions. Early failure on any brand motor is usually the riders fault. Not bad gas,wrong brand of oil,the dealer fucked it up,ect.... 

8 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Didn’t you just pick up a decent used 4 poke Yammi for short cash? 

Yes,and he had about eight others on the cheap. I had to have the 144 Nitro though. They aren’t rare,but clean ones are. It’s one of those sleds that get beat on,almost like a Mountain sled?

11 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I couldn’t sell my last XP with like 6k on it. Tried for 2 months. Ended up trading it in for 3 grand.

My Xp hit 5000 miles and blew the stator.  I just sold it for parts.  Now they are worth more dead than alive with any miles on them.

The dealership I get my used sleds at ,told me the other problem is very few can write a check for a used one. They want it,don’t have the cash,and their bank won’t give a loan on the older sled. He calls me every spring when the trails go to shit. Tells me to look at their inventory on line and make him a cash offer on anything I’m interested in. It’s sad,a lot of people can’t do that,but they can walk in and finance a new one with a signature and 5 years of payments.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The dealership I get my used sleds at ,told me the other problem is very few can write a check for a used one. They want it,don’t have the cash,and their bank won’t give a loan on the older sled. He calls me every spring when the trails go to shit. Tells me to look at their inventory on line and make him a cash offer on anything I’m interested in. It’s sad,a lot of people can’t do that,but they can walk in and finance a new one with a signature and 5 years of payments.

This is a big part of our credit issues with all vehicles.  Sure, 5-6k will nab some nice metal but, a new $14k one is only $225/mo and simple monthly payments.  Upside down by 50% by year two.  Eeeesh!