Check your account email address ×

VERY IMPORTANT!!! Tariff price increases effective immediately

Just got this e-mail from one of my vendors, we have also heard the same thing from Eaton, and Hubbell, not good.

Last night at 12:01am the latest round of tariffs against China became effective. Acuity has issued the following statement in their response to the tariffs increase. This is a substantial increase for the market and will not be received well. Please note Acuity’s increase will affect any releases (includes existing projects) after May 14, 2019.

Therefore, our previously announced increase of up to an additional 15% on certain products will be implemented and effective on Wednesday, May 15, 2019. The last day for entry and shipping release of orders for impacted products at current prices is Tuesday, May 14, 2019. All orders entered or released for shipping after this date will be invoiced at the new prices, without exception. 

Trump’s Administration and Chinese delegates will meet again today to continue negotiations. If both parties come to an agreement, the tariffs could be rescinded as early as today. Although we don’t know how the meeting will go, Sonepar will take a proactive approach to the tariffs.

All salespeople will need to identify any “Hold for Release” project or any product releasing (including existing orders) after May 14, 2019. We will need to communicate Acuity’s letter to these customers today. This will need to be a top priority for everyone. Please work together with the Lighting team to identify any projects and orders that are affected.

Any questions please call.

Like I said even if a product is made here it likely has components from China.

Midwestern farmers are real happy.

Trump had a bad business rating before the election no one should be surprised he has no fuckin clue what he’s doing on.

FUCK TRUMP.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Like I said even if a product is made here it likely has components from China.

Midwestern farmers are real happy.

Trump had a bad business rating before the election no one should be surprised he has no fuckin clue what he’s doing on.

FUCK TRUMP.

I remember when you were working and you bitched that with all the work getting done outside the US it was near impossible to compete. Now that someone is doing something about it you still bitch.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Just got this e-mail from one of my vendors, we have also heard the same thing from Eaton, and Hubbell, not good.

I get to be the messenger to my contractors on these tariff increases. This morning has been a bitch.

Some vendors are even talking about increases on yearly negotiated SPA's

You contractors are a very emotional bunch and evidently the distributor is the root of all your problems. :bh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I remember when you were working and you bitched that with all the work getting done outside the US it was near impossible to compete. Now that someone is doing something about it you still bitch.

Like I said a million times target certain Chinese product for tariffs. Tariffing everything is just plain stupid.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, DUMPY said:

Bwhahaha Owned 

I doubt wince even has one 

You  didn’t build yours either.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks