Check your account email address ×

VERY IMPORTANT!!! Tariff price increases effective immediately

11 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's kind of stupid to blame the distributor, we have about $2M in lighting submittals that we're waiting to get back from the architects........... We have two vendors that will honor the pricing we have.

Impressive.

We should have approved submittals for some Phillips product tomorrow.

There isn't enough minimum wage workers in this country to make a 1/10th of the widgets that Chinese do.

I've always been about buy American, this trade war our imbecile president has got us into is just idiotic as Trump is, as is his immigration policies which prevents the minimum wage labor from other countries to the ability to come and live here. Basic economics is that you need a growing population to keep an economy growing.

If you’ve always been about “buy American”, I can’t help but wonder, what’s the problem here?  Or, when you say, “buy American”, do you mean just for others to do so?  You wouldn’t be so upset now if you were in fact practicing what you preach.  Why aren’t you buying American for your business?  

If it were my business being affected by this, and I was having to pass on the costs, I could sell it.  TDS is undoubtedly going to hurt you in this aspect.

Best of luck.

8 hours ago, Zambroski said:

If you’ve always been about “buy American”, I can’t help but wonder, what’s the problem here?  Or, when you say, “buy American”, do you mean just for others to do so?  You wouldn’t be so upset now if you were in fact practicing what you preach.  Why aren’t you buying American for your business?  

If it were my business being affected by this, and I was having to pass on the costs, I could sell it.  TDS is undoubtedly going to hurt you in this aspect.

Best of luck.

TDS basically sums it up 

8 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Best of luck.

You know that we already have buy American clauses in alot of public works contracts, right? Between that and LEEDS projects you can only do so much because alot of stuff isn't or can't be made here. And you can't make up that kind of inventory at the snap of a tweet. It will all get worked out but beat offs like you yelling from the cheap seats don't add any value to anything. 

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

You know that we already have buy American clauses in alot of public works contracts, right? Between that and LEEDS projects you can only do so much because alot of stuff isn't or can't be made here. And you can't make up that kind of inventory at the snap of a tweet. It will all get worked out but beat offs like you yelling from the cheap seats don't add any value to anything. 

Hmmm....what an interesting liberal hypocritical whine this is.  So, apparently those “clauses” aren’t enough.  Why are the products we need so badly not made here anymore?  Why is it that it “can’t be made here”?  Why can’t our inventory be filled without China? What do you think the reason is that these tariffs.......

Just never mind, it’s just easier to call you stupid.  Stupid.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Anler said:

He’s clueless. 99.9% of our public bids contained must buy American materials and provide prevailing wages. 

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

He’s clueless. 99.9% of our public bids contained must buy American materials and provide prevailing wages. 

LOL!!!  So that damn .1 percent of those fucking Chinese materials are fucking everyone up eh?  

Lol!  Dumb as fuck....just dumb as fuck.  I mean...DUMB. AS. FUCK.

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Like I said even if a product is made here it likely has components from China.

Midwestern farmers are real happy.

Trump had a bad business rating before the election no one should be surprised he has no fuckin clue what he’s doing on.

FUCK TRUMP.

How would you know?  :lol:   You personally talk to any?  

This isn't just about buying American.   Its about our products not facing different tariffs than we apply.

Its about stealing of IP.

Its about currency manipulation.

Simply negotiating will NOT WORK without action.

40 years of being stomped on by China and Trump wants to fix it and people fucking cry like babies.  Fuck this country.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

This isn't just about buying American.   Its about our products not facing different tariffs than we apply.

40 years of being stomped on by China and Trump wants to fix it and people fucking cry like babies.  Fuck this country.  

Thread closed.

45 minutes ago, Anler said:

Don’t waste your time with Minnesota Momo..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Don’t waste your time with Minnesota Momo..

Oh, by all means, pick up where he is flailing in his pathetic and uneducated debate!  I’m ready for ya!  Team up!!!

:lol:

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Who will Trust Trump in negotiations?

New NAFTA is falling apart because he isn’t following through. 

I’m sure the Chinese are aware of that and his serial lying. 

Didn’t they laugh at him when he argued with Lighthizer?  Hard for them to take him seriously. 

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

Who will Trust Trump in negotiations?

New NAFTA is falling apart because he isn’t following through. 

I’m sure the Chinese are aware of that and his serial lying. 

Didn’t they laugh at him when he argued with Lighthizer?  Hard for them to take him seriously. 

Link?

49 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hmmm....what an interesting liberal hypocritical whine this is.  So, apparently those “clauses” aren’t enough.  Why are the products we need so badly not made here anymore?  Why is it that it “can’t be made here”?  Why can’t our inventory be filled without China? What do you think the reason is that these tariffs.......

Just never mind, it’s just easier to call you stupid.  Stupid.  

More cheap seats hollering... :Golfclap:

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Link?

I’ll give you a taste of the article if you’d like. 

But even if Blumenauer’s subcommittee and Pelosi’s full House pass USMCA, the bill still faces a perilous future in the Republican-controlled Senate, thanks to Mr. Trump’s imposition of 25 per cent tariffs on imports of Canadian aluminum and steel. Locomoting at breakneck speed through the Capitol corridors on Wednesday, 85-year-old Chuck Grassley, Republican of Iowa, growled to a breathless Maclean’s correspondent, “Got to take the tariffs off and leave them off or I don’t think it’s going to be brought up anywhere.”

ADVERTISEMENT

This was a reiteration of Sen. Grassley’s recent admonition to the president to “Quit thinking like a New Yorker” in a Wall Street Journal article headlined “Trump’s Tariffs End or His Trade Deal Dies.”

The bigger problem, said Earl Blumenauer, is to try to get Donald Trump to start thinking at all—about the real-world consequences of a foreign policy that, the Oregonian said, “is a manifestation of one person’s personality.”

Citing the “crazy uncle theory” to explain the president’s behaviour, Blumenauer said that “I’ve seen him change positions even within the same televised meeting,” but he allayed fears that the president might cancel the existing NAFTA treaty if the new one gets eight-balled as “a step too far, even for him.”

1 minute ago, Anler said:

More cheap seats hollering... :Golfclap:

These tariffs are really shuttering your biz, eh?  That POINT 1 percent has got you going without a Christmas bonus?

:lmao:

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Link?

I'm still waiting on links for his claim last night that "raising the minimum wage creates jobs".

:news:

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I’ll give you a taste of the article if you’d like. 

But even if Blumenauer’s subcommittee and Pelosi’s full House pass USMCA, the bill still faces a perilous future in the Republican-controlled Senate, thanks to Mr. Trump’s imposition of 25 per cent tariffs on imports of Canadian aluminum and steel. Locomoting at breakneck speed through the Capitol corridors on Wednesday, 85-year-old Chuck Grassley, Republican of Iowa, growled to a breathless Maclean’s correspondent, “Got to take the tariffs off and leave them off or I don’t think it’s going to be brought up anywhere.”

ADVERTISEMENT

This was a reiteration of Sen. Grassley’s recent admonition to the president to “Quit thinking like a New Yorker” in a Wall Street Journal article headlined “Trump’s Tariffs End or His Trade Deal Dies.”

The bigger problem, said Earl Blumenauer, is to try to get Donald Trump to start thinking at all—about the real-world consequences of a foreign policy that, the Oregonian said, “is a manifestation of one person’s personality.”

Citing the “crazy uncle theory” to explain the president’s behaviour, Blumenauer said that “I’ve seen him change positions even within the same televised meeting,” but he allayed fears that the president might cancel the existing NAFTA treaty if the new one gets eight-balled as “a step too far, even for him.”

:lol:   Seriously?   Too cowardly to post the link.  :lol:  So Trump negotiates the deal, congress has to pass it and Pelosi won't give Trump a victory and its his fault.  :lol:   

From your article.  

“It’s up to her to get this on the agenda,” said MP Eyking. “There has to be a win for the Democrats, too, but they can’t be seen as giving Trump something.

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lol:   Seriously?   

You think Canada and Mexico is going to sign when Trump hasn’t removed the steel tariffs yet?

Who is left that would trust elcheeto in a negotiation?

40 minutes ago, Highmark said:

The bubble headed bleach blondes you go to for your news didn’t mention the farmers?

Just now, revkevsdi said:

You think Canada and Mexico is going to sign when Trump hasn’t removed the steel tariffs yet?

Who is left that would trust elcheeto in a negotiation?

Canada and Mexico will do what is best for them. Period.

Or, they can do whatever they want if they don't want what's best for them.

11 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The bubble headed bleach blondes you go to for your news didn’t mention the farmers?

I pay more attention to the farmers that I talk to on a weekly basis.   

Great song by the way.  :thumbsup:

Watch at the 2:30 mark.   This is how many idiots here think we should negotiate on trade.

Edited by Highmark

14 minutes ago, Anler said:

Everyone is an expert on everything here dontcha no? 

To many people here rely on articles telling them how to think rather than their real world experience.  Just look at what happened with slinger and his taxes.  It's driven mostly by TDS.

Edited by racer254

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

To many people here rely on articles telling them how to think rather than their real world experience.  Just look at what happened with slinger and his taxes.  It's driven mostly by TDS.

I’m guessing Vince and Anler have real world experience...you saying they don’t? They say certain things are impossible to source American Made so the tariffs hurt...Zderpski says that sounds like a liberal whiny excuse and you cheer. Fucking morons.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m guessing Vince and Anler have real world experience...you saying they don’t? They say certain things are impossible to source American Made so the tariffs hurt...Zderpski says that sounds like a liberal whiny excuse and you cheer. Fucking morons.

This is true, but the answer is WHY?  Maybe they could list what those certain things are.