Check your account email address ×

Made in USA thread.

• Gold Member

Drove by the Lenox factory yesterday and they had a giant tent set up in the parking lot. Gonna call one of our customers from there tomorrow and find out if it's another tool sale, had some great deals on all the stanley b+d brands the last time but you need an invite. 

1 hour ago, Rigid1 said:

Rigid is made by a company called Chervon, who also makes Kobalt, Skill, MasterCraft, and they used to make DeWalts stuff untill Black and Decker bought them. Chevon is out of Minnesota, but all their product is sourced out of their factories China. The are also the manufacturer for Ego power equipment.

1506429411-pressha.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Don't care there Cheese Tits.

My thread is the ***Official*** one, end of discussion.

I’m very well regarded around here, it’s time you start showing some respect there Lizard Nipples.:bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Big Crappie said:

I should have said MTD. I'm pretty sure mtd and Murray are one in the same. :bc:

Actuallythe same lawn tractor was sold under about 2 dozen different names. MTD , sears , murry wheelhorse and many more.

11 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Don't you have a kid for that shit ?  :bc:

he was too young when i had the camp,  fucker better not forget to mow the lawn today or i am going to throttle him.  he had a final due yesterday he had to get back to school for

6 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Actuallythe same lawn tractor was sold under about 2 dozen different names. MTD , sears , murry wheelhorse and many more.

Bronco, Troy built, Columbia, Cub cadet, Roper..haha..To funny.. I try and tell my friends, they don't listen, but I'm the first one they call when there is a problem with their pos..

2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Drove by the Lenox factory yesterday and they had a giant tent set up in the parking lot. Gonna call one of our customers from there tomorrow and find out if it's another tool sale, had some great deals on all the stanley b+d brands the last time but you need an invite. 

Where are you from?  Place is only 20 mins from here...

11 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Those MTDs were not real Wheel Horses.  This was a real Wheel Horse.  Its too bad they stopped making them.  I had this one 13 years and still got 3 grand for it with 300 hrs on it.  I had an MTD Troy Bilt snowblower that literally fell apart in 5 years and needed a complete rebuild.C2837167-13A2-420B-AC37-94D1BDD00D4C.jpeg.f7ba84e990a4d9a552b714c6d744a728.jpeg

Edited by DriftBusta

17 hours ago, Woodtick said:

I’ve had a few pairs of these. They do last a a long time but I can’t wear them when it’s hot out. My feet burn up in them. You can get the made in USA ones for about $150. https://www.keenfootwear.com/american-built-collection/?start=0&sz=36#tile-0

I have three or four pairs of the Keen work shoes very well made and comfortable.

1 minute ago, Carlos Danger said:

I have three or four pairs of the Keen work shoes very well made and comfortable.

I still have one pair left, but can’t wear them when it’s real hot. They do last for ever.

6 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Made in Heston Kansas.. 1700 hours on it at the start of this season..

IMG_20190413_161302592_HDR.jpg

Here is mine at 0.3 hours.  Made somewhere in the midwest, Wisconsin I think?  Have around 70 hours on it now.

Old Craftsman in the background.  That thing must have had a couple thousand hours on it.  Made in the US by MTD.  If you mowed an average lot in town that mower would have lasted a long time.  Reverse linkage on the hydrostat transmission ended up breaking and got stuck in drive.  Still finished up the year in only forward.

-kqlPDuF1gP__aGmKrKYeN4JMDZCYIyTxHvZyWMOkdL8DAeUhpzyDFL2TJBqEFA_20s5xP4s3CTuD-Hb7TUiAdsa2enYtIA6a7ng2c5g6v9seEXJoCWAPvdO3sMbbqkkB4XdHxiFo81e0wFPDvMT5YPW3esByGvcRjSz-y-U3EtY0gjtxyFSAZN87hH9E3dqM8uUGeO-mKr_sApcv2vehowvpapzewHqJkmdIlmYNR01CykH_BW1C3GP4OuqbLcwnir8xynjAylC0chCo7syL-xXIA7T4G2Ma4v1ZkNN1JRAijSHwsoQ0Mmy--eRqLmRUrPvxo_1B4N-Ru8YJXL9cUvjAtq7tg2oB2HhErtZCrQawNEgYhbcRxAkcB9DsBQS8DfWLyrl8BibOxJ7wzihdr-wu_VMQIK8STRlfQVNkiry5D61QeaOc2t4M4O26RtSWzQqEWaolhbnTBqxiwGqs2K1Lf95P-7j8QCcNon_uadQdHFmpbmnYpJAVnwwln1rF-rsC5eReGfEP6myqYsq2XnfOE02k4H-_iGT-ZMF9tIR26ARLo-ilt9BoY2MXRMURf1s19KNmAgBIIbyJNI30VzvH2osh5nuDjmFejz_ens1ewMHCK6LCV5_OCn-aQvk5HPOkFhAd9suYLi_PpXJYQ_sA8CjZMY=w1204-h903-no

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Made in Heston Kansas.. 1700 hours on it at the start of this season..

IMG_20190413_161302592_HDR.jpg

Man...you can really get a good view of the grass like that!  You lookin' for grubs and shit?  

:lol: 

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

they do make a vented mesh pair that breathe pretty well......my summer shoe.

My co workers have those and like them, I may grab a pair,if I see them on sale. I do a lot of hot work, and those may fall apart after getting rained on with sparks and slag? 

16 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Here is mine at 0.3 hours.  Made somewhere in the midwest, Wisconsin I think?  Have around 70 hours on it now.

Old Craftsman in the background.  That thing must have had a couple thousand hours on it.  Made in the US by MTD.  If you mowed an average lot in town that mower would have lasted a long time.  Reverse linkage on the hydrostat transmission ended up breaking and got stuck in drive.  Still finished up the year in only forward.

-kqlPDuF1gP__aGmKrKYeN4JMDZCYIyTxHvZyWMOkdL8DAeUhpzyDFL2TJBqEFA_20s5xP4s3CTuD-Hb7TUiAdsa2enYtIA6a7ng2c5g6v9seEXJoCWAPvdO3sMbbqkkB4XdHxiFo81e0wFPDvMT5YPW3esByGvcRjSz-y-U3EtY0gjtxyFSAZN87hH9E3dqM8uUGeO-mKr_sApcv2vehowvpapzewHqJkmdIlmYNR01CykH_BW1C3GP4OuqbLcwnir8xynjAylC0chCo7syL-xXIA7T4G2Ma4v1ZkNN1JRAijSHwsoQ0Mmy--eRqLmRUrPvxo_1B4N-Ru8YJXL9cUvjAtq7tg2oB2HhErtZCrQawNEgYhbcRxAkcB9DsBQS8DfWLyrl8BibOxJ7wzihdr-wu_VMQIK8STRlfQVNkiry5D61QeaOc2t4M4O26RtSWzQqEWaolhbnTBqxiwGqs2K1Lf95P-7j8QCcNon_uadQdHFmpbmnYpJAVnwwln1rF-rsC5eReGfEP6myqYsq2XnfOE02k4H-_iGT-ZMF9tIR26ARLo-ilt9BoY2MXRMURf1s19KNmAgBIIbyJNI30VzvH2osh5nuDjmFejz_ens1ewMHCK6LCV5_OCn-aQvk5HPOkFhAd9suYLi_PpXJYQ_sA8CjZMY=w1204-h903-no

Nice mower, if you ever need any parts or want to try some different styles of blades feel free to let me know. Oregon's G5 Gator blade does a great job.

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Nice mower, if you ever need any parts or want to try some different styles of blades feel free to let me know. Oregon's G5 Gator blade does a great job.

Oregon doesn't show any blades for this mower.  I'm assuming they have something that fits, just don't list them for this model.  Still plenty left on the factory blades.

Do you have Toro parts or aftermarket?  I just did all the preseason maintenance.  Not much to it other than the hydrostat oil and filters.

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Rigid is THE MAN for this stuff!  :bc: 

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

Oregon doesn't show any blades for this mower.  I'm assuming they have something that fits, just don't list them for this model.  Still plenty left on the factory blades.

Do you have Toro parts or aftermarket?  I just did all the preseason maintenance.  Not much to it other than the hydrostat oil and filters.

No access to original Toro parts, only after market, but items for your engine I have access to, I assume it's a Kohler or Kawi in it?

I'll be able to find you Oregon blades, just get me the model and serial#

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

No access to original Toro parts, only after market, but items for your engine I have access to, I assume it's a Kohler or Kawi in it?

I'll be able to find you Oregon blades, just get me the model and serial#

Kawi.  74472 is the mower model #.

Dealer here takes pretty good care of me.  Sells Stihl and Toro so I can get everything in one spot.  Bobcat too when I get one of those.  Spent a lot of money with them last year but they give me a decent discount.  Even discount Stihl stuff for me.

3 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

Bronco, Troy built, Columbia, Cub cadet, Roper..haha..To funny.. I try and tell my friends, they don't listen, but I'm the first one they call when there is a problem with their pos..

I've got a Crafstman Push Mower and I was buying a blade for it yesterday at Family Farm and Home and the blades that were labeled for Craftsman were wrong but the one labled MTD was correct...always need to have the old blade with you. 

50 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I've got a Crafstman Push Mower and I was buying a blade for it yesterday at Family Farm and Home and the blades that were labeled for Craftsman were wrong but the one labled MTD was correct...always need to have the old blade with you. 

I thought plug in mowers ran string blades?

9BF86FE0-D17D-4B7C-AFEE-01929FA1D6AE.gif