Check your account email address ×

Made in USA thread.

Fuck China. The most comfortable work boot I’ve ever owned. I’m up to 3 pair now. Insulated for the winter,the pair I just bought are waterproof,and the other pair I have for when I’m almost positive I’m not going to be working in water. The welding cap is hand made in La.  The boots are made in Wi, by  @jammin second cousin.

FC7287D9-3D01-47AC-AAC7-31B816C76B3C.jpeg

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Zambroski said:

Yuh.  No.   May be gay but I have standards.

and WTF?!?!? Just checked and my new god damn Dewalt drill was made in China?  WTF?!?!?!?!?

Hahaha...fucking Dewalt faggots! 

Seriously though that is some bullshit. 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hahaha...fucking Dewalt faggots! 

Seriously though that is some bullshit. 

Yeah, just looking at DeWalt web site.  They still manufacture a lot here in seven plants but some of their tools are made outside the USA.  Fucking Bosch doesn’t make shit here because they are fucking Krauts!  LOL.  They use Asian countries to make their shit!!!! Those are my two main brands!!!  Fuck me!!!  I’ve been Obama’d!!!!

• Haha 1

Those Thorogood Boots look nice and I found this site when I googled them...

http://www.allamericanstore.us/

http://www.allamericanstore.us/thorogood-flyway-usa-waterproof-8-1957-series/

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

36 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Think I’m gonna do a pair or Red Wings this summer.  

They just don’t last and make sure if you do buy them, they are made in USA . They like to do a play with words on a lot of their boots. “Assembled in the USA” Bull Shit,but charge, made in USA prices. Farm & Fleet does carry some Thorogood made in USA, just not the full line. I buy my boots from this local store. They have a few locations and will ship. Their prices are really good.https://www.google.com/search?q=blue+collar+store+lansing&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#trex=m_t:lcl_akp,rc_f:nav,rc_ludocids:12500513126052140006,rc_q:Blue%20Collar%20Supply%20Co.,ru_q:Blue%20Collar%20Supply%20Co.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Some of those are made in China too.

The pair of Thorogoods I looked at said Made in the USA with globally sourced materials. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Some of those are made in China too.

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

They just don’t last and make sure if you do buy them, they are made in USA . They like to do a play with words on a lot of their boots. “Assembled in the USA” Bull Shit,but charge, made in USA prices. Farm & Fleet does carry some Thorogood made in USA, just not the full line. I buy my boots from this local store. They have a few locations and will ship. Their prices are really good.https://www.google.com/search?q=blue+collar+store+lansing&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#trex=m_t:lcl_akp,rc_f:nav,rc_ludocids:12500513126052140006,rc_q:Blue%20Collar%20Supply%20Co.,ru_q:Blue%20Collar%20Supply%20Co.

Just reading up on this.

:thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, just looking at DeWalt web site.  They still manufacture a lot here in seven plants but some of their tools are made outside the USA.  Fucking Bosch doesn’t make shit here because they are fucking Krauts!  LOL.  They use Asian countries to make their shit!!!! Those are my two main brands!!!  Fuck me!!!  I’ve been Obama’d!!!!

I’m down to Two Bosch impacts and a 18v sawzall. Everything else is in the trash and replace by Fuel. I will say this, my 8 18v  Bosch battery’s are over 6 years old and still hold a long charge. 

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

That’s a good fucking brand, I own a few of their things.

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

I’m down to Two Bosch impacts and a 18v sawzall. Everything else is in the trash and replace by Fuel. I will say this, my 8 18v  Bosch battery’s are over 6 years old and still hold a long charge. 

I’ve used and abused Dewalt for 30+ years now.  Love them and never had one that let me down.  I just started buying Bosch a few years ago after one of my contractors sold me on them.  

I was just under the impression that ALL Dewalt tools were made in USA.  I had no idea none of Bosch were.  

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’ve used and abused Dewalt for 30+ years now.  Love them and never had one that let me down.  I just started buying Bosch a few years ago after one of my contractors sold me on them.  

I was just under the impression that ALL Dewalt tools were made in USA.  I had no idea none of Bosch were.  

I think there are 10 or more Bosch plants around Chicago. All of those plants are auto parts or appliance parts. Bosch does do a lot of tool design work in Mt Prospect IL.  That’s where I R&D out of. 

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I’ve had a few pairs of these. They do last a a long time but I can’t wear them when it’s hot out. My feet burn up in them. You can get the made in USA ones for about $150. https://www.keenfootwear.com/american-built-collection/?start=0&sz=36#tile-0

Yeah, look like mostly all waterproof.  Not much breathing there.  Plus, kinda ugly.  Look like bumper shoes for retards.

.....coming from a guy that wears crocs. :lmao:

• Haha 1

Just now, Woodtick said:

I think there are 10 or more Bosch plants around Chicago. All of those plants are auto parts or appliance parts. Bosch does do a lot of tool design work in Mt Prospect IL.  That’s where I R&D out of. 

I was just looking at Rigid tools (I’ve got just a couple).  Shit...they are a subsid of an electric manufacturer that contracts their tool manus out of another company based in Hong Kong. Jesus.  But, good tools so far.  :dunno:

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Bosch does do a lot of tool design work in Mt Prospect IL.  That’s where I R&D out of. 

The one on central? That place is huge. My kid played ball next door at Melas Park.

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I was just looking at Rigid tools (I’ve got just a couple).  Shit...they are a subsid of an electric manufacturer that contracts their tool manus out of another company based in Hong Kong. Jesus.  But, good tools so far.  :dunno:

I have lots of Ridgid stuff. No complaints here. Probably wouldn't use most of it if I made my living using it, but for the home owner I think it is great stuff.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Those Thorogood Boots look nice and I found this site when I googled them...

http://www.allamericanstore.us/

http://www.allamericanstore.us/thorogood-flyway-usa-waterproof-8-1957-series/

Thanks for posting Jim. We shouldn't need tariffs. Americans should be wanting to by American made products without them. Unfortunatly we are addicted to cheap shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1