Check your account email address ×

Made in USA thread.

• Platinum Contributing Member

This makes me happy , from the site Jim posted.

The Original Texas Jean fit.  A great fitting, comfortable, rugged 5 pocket jean.  Made 100% in the USA out of 100% Cotton Denim.   Please note: Texas Jeans are running 3 weeks behind on production...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

I have lots of Ridgid stuff. No complaints here. Probably wouldn't use most of it if I made my living using it, but for the home owner I think it is great stuff.

I think it’s decent stuff but doesn’t compare to either Bosch or DeWalt.  But, like you said, for the occasional user, it’s better and prolly longer lasting than B & D, Ryobi, Menard brand, or Horrible Freight stuff for sure.

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

This makes me happy , from the site Jim posted.

The Original Texas Jean fit.  A great fitting, comfortable, rugged 5 pocket jean.  Made 100% in the USA out of 100% Cotton Denim.   Please note: Texas Jeans are running 3 weeks behind on production...

I think it’s wonderful that Americans are again looking for American made stuff.  Nationalism and patriotism....it’s whats for dinner again!!!!

17 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Isnt dewalt now owned by home depot?

14 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

No.  Stanley bought them and Black and Decker.

When you start researching this stuff it's amazing to see who makes or owns what.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

When you start researching this stuff it's amazing to see who makes or owns what.

Yeah, outdoor power equipment and appliances are the same way.  Damn near everything is made by just a few companies.  I can’t remember but I think Yard Machines makes a lot for big brand mowers and stuff.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, outdoor power equipment and appliances are the same way.  Damn near everything is made by just a few companies.  I can’t remember but I think Yard Machines makes a lot for big brand mowers and stuff.

Concrete and dumpsters are also a lot like that. Call everyone in the phonebook and ya talk to the same chic each time.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Actually it's Murray. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

yup,  Ryobi is the same owner as Milwakee.  Have to say I have had no issues with the Ryobi stuff,  i have a 15 year old cordless trim saw and impact and a chop saw along with some newer stuff like a multitool.  Only thing to ever break was the chuck on my drill.  the impacts been swimming a few times when installing my dock and keeps chugging.  had a bunch of it out retrimming some windows today.  

• Like 1

Just now, Angry ginger said:

yup,  Ryobi is the same owner as Milwakee.  Have to say I have had no issues with the Ryobi stuff,  i have a 15 year old cordless trim saw and impact and a chop saw along with some newer stuff like a multitool.  Only thing to ever break was the chuck on my drill.  the impacts been swimming a few times when installing my dock and keeps chugging.  had a bunch of it out retrimming some windows today.  

I have a lot of Ryobi tools and yard equipment. The tools are really good but the low end chargers and batteries have been less than stellar.

If you get the batteries that have the charge gauge they're great.

I did buy a couple of knockoff batteries and a charger off of Amazon that have treated me really well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Don't you have a kid for that shit ?  :bc:

26 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

There is already an ***Official*** thread on this very topic...  :news:

Fuck a mayo free thread!!!!!!!!! :lol:

9 minutes ago, Big Crappie said:

Actually it's Murray. 

I can’t remember which is which.  I think MTD makes a lot of shit too.  Like Cub Cadet, Toro, Troy built, etc.  I think almost everything the big box stores carry.

All mine is Husqvarna or Exho. .Hell,  I wonder who makes them?  You know, the expert on this is @Rigid1.

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I can’t remember which is which.  I think MTD makes a lot of shit too.  Like Cub Cadet, Toro, Troy built, etc.  I think almost everything the big box stores carry.

All mine is Husqvarna or Exho. .Hell,  I wonder who makes them?  You know, the expert on this is @Rigid1.

I should have said MTD. I'm pretty sure mtd and Murray are one in the same. :bc:

Just now, Big Crappie said:

Toro builds all their own stuff in Bloomington,mn

I'm pretty sure Bloomington is just offices and R&D.  I know they have a big plant in Windom and another one in Mexico or a border state.  

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm pretty sure Bloomington is just offices and R&D.  I know they have a big plant in Windom and another one in Mexico or a border state.  

Looks like you're right. I also found info that Toro did start outsourcing their residential power equipment to mtd in 2007.

Shows what I know. Lol

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

There is already an ***Official*** thread on this very topic...  :news:

I don’t give two shits aboot Canada. Trump called me and asked if I could start a thread aboot USA? This is going to be the best thread eva.

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I don’t give two shits aboot Canada. Trump called me and asked if I could start a thread aboot USA? This is going to be the best thread eva.

Don't care there Cheese Tits.

My thread is the ***Official*** one, end of discussion.

• Like 1

Murray after filing bankruptcy , is owned by Briggs & Stratton . Yard Machines is one of many brand labels owned / sold by MTD, like Cub Cadet . Many price point lower end lawn tractors / yard equipment  are produced under contract by MTD, Toro , Ariens . Stanley Black and Decker has purchased a 20% share in MTD , with option to purchase all of MTD by 2025.  If you give a shit , Briggs and Stratton is the owner of Snapper products , Briggs just re - introduced the tried and true "Forrest Gump'  single curve tube high - vac riding mower  for 2019 due to public demand .  The replacement model for " Gump " was a total failure POS.  Husqvarna has been purchasing many equipment brand labels also , plus parts suppliers and equipment builders  / manufactures ,  AYP for one, ( American Yard Products )

Edited by hwytohell

14 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I was just looking at Rigid tools (I’ve got just a couple).  Shit...they are a subsid of an electric manufacturer that contracts their tool manus out of another company based in Hong Kong. Jesus.  But, good tools so far.  :dunno:

Rigid is made by a company called Chervon, who also makes Kobalt, Skill, MasterCraft, and they used to make DeWalts stuff untill Black and Decker bought them. Chevon is out of Minnesota, but all their product is sourced out of their factories China. The are also the manufacturer for Ego power equipment.

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Ohhhhh, it's who is going to make 10k snow throwers for Sears the cheapest this year, could be a Murray, could be a MTD.. You would be surprised on who makes what for different manufactures. It usually has to do with what's sold at box stores, all that stuff is outsourced for cheapness,.  You go to an actual power equipment dealer and they have legit different units, better quality, and usually close to the same price as a box stores.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Ohhhhh, it's who is going to make 10k snow throwers for Sears the cheapest this year, could be a Murray, could be a MTD.. You would be surprised on who makes what for different manufactures. It usually has to do with what's sold at box stores, all that stuff is outsourced for cheapness,.  You go to an actual power equipment dealer and they have legit different units, better quality, and usually close to the same price as a box stores.

Yeah, I started noticing that years ago about the power equipment dealers.  Like, why they have different model numbers for the Cubs, Toros, Ariens, etc than Home Depot does.  All I had to do was ask a guy at my local shop.  “That garbage is made for the big box stores.  This is the real shit here.”  Proved it to me too.  What a difference in quality.  There’s a reason that John Deere riding mower (or whatever)is such a “great deal” at Home Depot/Lowe’s/etc.