Check your account email address ×

BMW-unreliable

Just now, Mileage Psycho said:

Like a Rock

those were the best generation of GM truck and SUV.  window reg,  fuel pump,  grease the intermediate steering shaft and deal with some clatter in the am.  unless your Sal Rosenberg,  then the whole thing falls apart around you

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Took this to dinner tonite while my new to me gets a few warranty issues taken care of, 19 540i w M pkg.  Damn nice tight automobile for 69 grand

C0D74C11-E8CC-482A-9714-526831BE53F4.jpeg

So what’s the M package? You get some of the M goodies but not the motor in the M5?

I’d be curious to know the maintenance costs and services that were performed along the life of a vehicle with 200, 300, 400k miles. By brand and model.  

I think anybody can keep anything running for as long as they want to dump money into it.  I think the new standard for modern vehicles is 200k with minimum maintenance (brakes, shocks, alternator, minor suspension and wear items)..  if you had to keep dumping thousands and thousands into your vehicle before that to keep it functioning properly, well....that’s not “reliable” to me.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I’d be curious to know the maintenance costs and services that were performed along the life of a vehicle with 200, 300, 400k miles. By brand and model.  

I think anybody can keep anything running for as long as they want to dump money into it.  I think the new standard for modern vehicles is 200k with minimum maintenance (brakes, shocks, alternator, minor suspension and wear items)..  if you had to keep dumping thousands and thousands into your vehicle before that to keep it functioning properly, well....that’s not “reliable” to me.

My 06 f-350 

238,000 on the clock

stock exhaust

stock alternater , starter all electrical componants except for FICM.

Including tires I put about $900 a yr into it.

• Like 1