Check your account email address ×

With the last paychecks of the year coming in... Trump tax cut thread

BOHICA

• Gold Member

Tax calculators put me at around $5k less in federal income tax obligations this year vs last.

thank you mr President!

what did you get extra from trump tax breaks vs 2017?

Edited by BOHICA

10 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Tax calculators put me at around $5k less in federal income tax obligations this year vs last.

thank you mr President!

what did you get extra from trump tax breaks vs 2017?

More than I would ever disclose on a snowmobile website :lol:

• Haha 2

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Does it match any online calculator?

Neal

2 calculators match and I go to non itemized now since the standard is greater then my itemized.  

Withholding tables are going to jack around a alot of people that weren’t prepared or known the impact....  

people are going to be pissed is my guess and claim trump fucked them just based on returns or what they have to pay

Edited by BOHICA

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

2 calculators match and I go to non itemized now since the standard is greater then my itemized.  

Withholding tables are going to jack around a alot of people that weren’t prepared or known the impact....  

people are going to be pissed is my guess and claim trump fucked them just based on returns or what they have to pay

I think your last statement will be the dominate takeaway from the tax cuts. I bet the word of the day will be it only helped the rich.

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I think your last statement will be the dominate takeaway from the tax cuts. I bet the word of the day will be it only helped the rich.

My last statement is based on just the witholdings.  My witholdings based on comparing my last check of 2018 to 2017 there is a HUGE difference on same income.  While I got a return last year, I’m paying in this year but my overall tax obligation is way down.  

People are going to be suprised this year and likely pissed based on smaller returns but if they looked at what they paid overall this year it will be easily less after the dust settles

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

My last statement is based on just the witholdings.  My witholdings based on comparing my last check of 2018 to 2017 there is a HUGE difference on same income.  While I got a return last year, I’m paying in this year but my overall tax obligation is way down.  

People are going to be suprised this year and likely pissed based on smaller returns but if they looked at what they paid overall this year it will be easily less after the dust settles

Yep,

And you wait at how the media spins it.

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

My bet is very pissed,  I think many will think their return should be bigger too. When the big return they are accustom to isn't there and they planned on spending it on  x y or z,  that's all that will count.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Cant tell year over year this time around.

Was out of work with a broken ankle for 3 months this past summer, so my total earnings are way down this year.

But my weekly tax break was roughly 60 to 80 more per week.....so I'd say 3 or 4k savings is what I'd get annually...this wasn't just a tax break for the wealthy.

11 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Cant tell year over year this time around.

Was out of work with a broken ankle for 3 months this past summer, so my total earnings are way down this year.

But my weekly tax break was roughly 60 to 80 more per week.....so I'd say 3 or 4k savings is what I'd get annually...this wasn't just a tax break for the wealthy.

The fuck it wasn’t you bootlicker :lmao: You get crumbs and rejoice :lol: 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Polaris 550 said:

No matter what I get for taxes it won't make a dent in what I've lost in the market. Thanks O'Trumpa. 

Fucking loser!!

17 hours ago, 1jkw said:

My bet is very pissed,  I think many will think their return should be bigger too. When the big return they are accustom to isn't there and they planned on spending it on  x y or z,  that's all that will count.

It's too bad so many people rely on their return as a savings account.   

17 hours ago, 1jkw said:

People do just look at the end number. When I did my employees christmass bonuses I just had payroll co deduct ss and med. No taxes. They believe they got a bigger bonus.