Check your account email address ×

With the last paychecks of the year coming in... Trump tax cut thread

BOHICA

• Gold Member
17 hours ago, 1jkw said:

My bet is very pissed,  I think many will think their return should be bigger too. When the big return they are accustom to isn't there and they planned on spending it on  x y or z,  that's all that will count.

Gov should have left the witholdings the same.  People would have done their taxes and realized a much larger return then they are accustomed to.  And Trump could have took credit for the huge decrease in their taxes and large returns.

Now when you turn on some media outlets or read some piece on it, it will be a story about how they didn’t get as much back and how it has hurt them.  Even while they have proof of how much less they paid in

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Gov should have left the witholdings the same.  People would have done their taxes and realized a much larger return then they are accustomed to.  And Trump could have took credit for the huge decrease in their taxes and large returns.

Now when you turn on some media outlets or read some piece on it, it will be a story about how they didn’t get as much back and how it has hurt them.  Even while they have proof of how much less they paid in

For most Americans the difference is negligible....the debt on the other hand.... :lmao: 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

For most Americans the difference is negligible....the debt on the other hand.... :lmao: 

For the minority that actually pay federal income tax it is more then negligible....  but when you pay no income tax you won’t see a difference.

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

For the minority that actually pay federal income tax it is more then negligible....  but when you pay no income tax you won’t see a difference.

So why not admit it was a giveaway to the wealthy with a few crumbs for the minions?  And what about the sequester? 

• Gold Member
Just now, SnowRider said:

So why not admit it was a giveaway to the wealthy with a few crumbs for the minions?  And what about the sequester? 

It’s more then crumbs for those that pay income taxes.....  people that pay no income taxes don’t really deserve a tax cut on income taxes.  

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

It’s more then crumbs for those that pay income taxes.....  people that pay no income taxes don’t really deserve a tax cut on income taxes.  

They are the ones most outraged.  "Where's my cut".:lol:

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

A few bucks a week is crumbs.  It’s the shiny object while the wealthy elites and billion dollar corporations pocket millions.  

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

A few bucks a week is crumbs.  It’s the shiny object while the wealthy elites and billion dollar corporations pocket millions.  

How much did you get out of the tax cut?

29 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

That would've been the only way, and maybe better way for the people to see a real difference.  I live in staunch Trump country, many diner discussions on the tax cuts,  honestly not once has anyone thought the tax cut did much for them,  won't cover the increase in gas prices, school taxes, ETC. Keep in mind that in many rural areas, like where I live a large number of people don't make even 15.00 per, hr.

Truth is, you won't need media, the talk at the water cooler as they say will be enough to piss lots of people off.  The, I just found out my return isn't big enough to buy that lift kit or 60" tv or whatever the plan for the money was.

The blame will be put on not being able to claim the same deductions as before. 

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

:lol:why is that too bad?

1 hour ago, SnowRider said:

Because Doe Dumber prefers the extra $10.50/week :lol: 

I didn't figure either of you would understand. 

28 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

How much did you get out of the tax cut?

He continues to skirt that question.