Check your account email address ×

Doge ecodiesel wholly eff

Rod

2 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Buddy is a tech at doge. They had an ecodiesel come in with a blown engine. Just off warranty.

going to be $22,000 to get it back on the road wtf! (Approx $17,000 in freedom dollars)

A lot of trouble to save a couple grand on fuel 

Yea well the engine was designed to go into a Cadillac sold in Europe so what do you expect. Dodge should have taken over the engine Cummins designed for Ford but ended up selling to Nissan.

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

17.2 is believable....  20 plus lmao

I don't drive like a normal driver. I am always in the pedal. When other people drive my truck that number goes up. Couple weeks ago I drove to Bloomington Indiana and back and averaged over 19 mpgs. And that was average 80mph and over. Like I said believe what you want. 

58 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I find it amazing what everybody gets for mpg’s.  It’s like everywhere people go is down hill 100% of the time or something.

Good ol GM V8 power FTW :bc: And no, I wasn’t going downhill for 6400 miles straight to get that.

26AA513E-C4D9-4873-B0E3-D6D8BD2E4613.thumb.jpeg.85326e778efad32a0d723c713f1bb6b7.jpeg

I average around 20 mixed driving with an gentile foot in my 18 ecobooth. If I do interstate speeds like 75 or so it drops fast, like 16-17. 3.55 gears and 10sp.

My bro has 2 hemis and neither gets over 16 mpg. But he has a very heavy foot. Both 8sp.

2 hours ago, Anler said:

The 2019's are fucking sweet! Still rocking my 2015 with 120k on it but that new one gets me horny. 

The more I see them, which is becoming more and more often, the more I am liking them too. When I first laid eyes on them, I was meh, but that has changed now. I am still rockin my 13 Ram hemi and it still puts a smile on my face. I am currently around 17L per 100 kms (around 14 miles per) which isn't great but the majority of my driving lately has been all city. I got 11.4 L per this past summer doing 117 kms/h on the hwy ( 20+ miles per) 

Around 71,000 kms on the truck now and late for a plug change. I was hoping to have them done a while ago but life got in the way. I want to do all my fluids as well but will likely wait until the spring now. 

IMG_0278 (Medium) (Small).JPG

IMG_0510 (Large).JPG

Edited by irv

I like the rams but I’m seeing that 09-14 range starting to rust the fuck out on the rear wheel wells and cab corners already. They always seem to rust the fastest out of the big 3. 

Edited by thewayout

3 minutes ago, thewayout said:

I like the rams but I’m seeing that 09-14 range starting to rust the fuck out on the rear wheel wells and cab corners already. They always seem to rust the fastest out of the big 3. 

They are the fastest but ford aint far behind.

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, thewayout said:

Oh fuck NO, the Fords are well ahead of the Dodges in the rusty cab corner catagory. IMO

The shitty seal on the third brake light is well know.

• Gold Member

I get 13.7 in my pickup, around 15.5 in my car.  Fuck I couldn’t break 38 in my vw tdi.  I’m sure somebody somewhere in here would beat my old 2.5 gas Jetta at 25 mpg with there 5.9 cummins or 6.7 cummins.

Edited by BOHICA

16 minutes ago, thewayout said:

No you're not. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, thewayout said:

2017 6.2 GMC Sierra Locked in at 80 on cruise. @BOHICA

15 mpg empty? :lol: Must be a pre 14 6.2? 

461AF21B-9F82-49E3-BF6C-8AA21F0D098A.jpeg

My best was 24.7 so far on the freeway, Chev. Crewcab, daily driving around here is 20-22.

2016 Silverado.JPG

Edited by XCR1250

11 hours ago, Anler said:

Not for a daily driver. And pulling snow machines up Nord the v-8 gasser works good. For the bigger stuff you have to go diesel. 

The are awesome for pushing snow. That's when the power and fuel savings realy shines.

12 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Not sure what the point is of a diesel in a truck that has less tq than a gasser

Mileage.   Buddy was given a 2WD one for work.   Consistently gets 30-32 mpg.  

Edited by Highmark