Check your account email address ×

Doge ecodiesel wholly eff

Rod

9 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I don't follow that much but starting at what years? 2 local guys here have had their Ford truck frames break from rust.

Ya frames are still rustable....bodies are aluminum 15 and up on 150s and 17 and up on super dutys.

5 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Ya frames are still rustable....bodies are aluminum 15 and up on 150s and 17 and up on super dutys.

Ok, guess I knew about the newer aluminum bodies, has that been a good idea? I know the guy who used to own the bar down the road bought his wife a new Ford 1/2 Ton 2 years ago, she accidentally backed into a light pole at the local L&M store and it was $13,000 damage her husband said, apparently they don't repair the body/box but just replace it, dunno but that's what he told everyone.

Edited by XCR1250

Just now, XCR1250 said:

Ok, guess I knew about the newer aluminum bodies, has that been a good idea? I know the guy who used to own the bar down the road bought his wife a new Ford 1/2 Ton 2 years ago, she accidentally backed into a light pole at the local L&M store and it was $13,000 damage her husband said, apparently they don't repair the body but just replace it, dunno but that's what he told everyone.

Thats what insurance is for....funny the bumper didnt cushion the blow....was she reversing at 60mph? :lol:

Just now, XCR1250 said:

It was more on the side of the Truck, don't think she was going fast she's 81 years old.

Im very careful where i park as to not get any dents....the aluminum is definitely softer.

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Im very careful where i park as to not get any dents....the aluminum is definitely softer.

I like the no rust thing, wonder does it still corrode after time like some aluminum trailers do? Always thought stainless would be a good idea.

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

I like the no rust thing, wonder does it still corrode after time like some aluminum trailers do? Always thought stainless would be a good idea.

No idea...aluminum trailers rust where the aluminum is in contact with steel....never had an all aluminum trailer rust.

Just now, DAVE said:

No idea...aluminum trailers rust where the aluminum is in contact with steel....never had an all aluminum trailer rust.

Yes I have seen that too, some years back a Cycle dealer in Oak Creek Wisconsin sold a buddy a new aluminum trailer, it corroded all over the darn thing, probably a weird alloy or ??

8 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Yes I have seen that too, some years back a Cycle dealer in Oak Creek Wisconsin sold a buddy a new aluminum trailer, it corroded all over the darn thing, probably a weird alloy or ??

No idea...i just sold an aluminum trailer...zero rust...lots of cracks though.

20 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Im not a ford guy by any means....i went with what i got the best price....denalis were 7g more.

I was a GM guy my whole life but I really think Dodge makes a better half ton truck now. Maybe one day Ford will but i have never been a fan. Ford guys are like Arctic Cat guys as in they think break downs are just part of driving a truck. :news:

Just now, Anler said:

I was a GM guy my whole life but I really think Dodge makes a better half ton truck now. Maybe one day Ford will but i have never been a fan. Ford guys are like Arctic Cat guys as in they think break downs are just part of driving a truck. :news:

My 150 is safely parked at the dealer.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

My 150 is safely parked at the dealer.

:lol:

Was just talking with my BIL this weekend and his needed a new tranny under warranty. Got the new one installed, went to pick it up and wouldnt go into reverse... Its still there. 

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Was just talking with my BIL this weekend and his needed a new tranny under warranty. Got the new one installed, went to pick it up and wouldnt go into reverse... Its still there. 

I might just leave it there....wish it was spring.....wifes been hinting she wants an suv to bomb around in. Would be another good bday present....thats what the pos 150 was originally. :lol:

20 minutes ago, Anler said:

Same here. My last GM pile/POS was enough for me to switch over, and I haven't looked back since. 

Wrangler.jpg

HPIM0438 (Large).JPG

HPIM0594 (Large).JPG

19 hours ago, f7ben said:

I never get what other people claim. 

x2

i've spent the last 20 years getting 14-17 mpg our of 1/2 ton pickup and SUV's yet somehow people claim 20 driving the same things.  i don't even get 20 out of the soccer mom cuv i'm driving now.  gauge shows 19.6 and hand calculated has always been almost 1 mpg less