Check your account email address ×

Official 2018-2019 sledding post

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I love you fuckers that act like they are impervious to cold....as I get older my cold tolerance goes down! :cold:

I'm the same! I worked construction quite a bit outside during my younger days and it never bothered me. Nowadays I get cold easily. A low windshield is out of the question for me! I am not real happy with my FXR suit either as I get cold in my chest quite often on cold days and I have a mid height windshield. I wear under armour of MWW cold something or other underwear, a thinner turtle neck and usually a sweater over that plus my Tech Vest. I also wear a balaclava for my neck and face plus of course my jacket. My legs/feet seem fine and I rarely get cold there, it's just my chest, which I hate! How old are you guys? I'll be 55 in May. 

IMG_0096 (Medium).jpg

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, irv said:

I'm the same! I worked construction quite a bit outside during my younger days and it never bothered me. Nowadays I get cold easily. A low windshield is out of the question for me! I am not real happy with my FXR suit either as I get cold in my chest quite often on cold days and I have a mid height windshield. I wear under armour of MWW cold something or other underwear, a thinner turtle neck and usually a sweater over that plus my Tech Vest. I also wear a balaclava for my neck and face plus of course my jacket. My legs/feet seem fine and I rarely get cold there, it's just my chest, which I hate! How old are you guys? I'll be 55 in May. 

IMG_0096 (Medium).jpg

Im 45.

I'm 65 and am more selective nowadays as far as riding in real cold weather. Three years ago it was -42 and we rode in that with nowhere to stop. If its below -20 I'm staying put. I really don't get cold but it's to stop and have a trailside break. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, irv said:

IMG_0096 (Medium).jpg

I'm 51 and I really started noticing my intolerance for the cold recently.

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

I'm 65 and am more selective nowadays as far as riding in real cold weather. Three years ago it was -42 and we rode in that with nowhere to stop. If its below -20 I'm staying put. I really don't get cold but it's to stop and have a trailside break. 

53 here.  Cold doesn't really bother me, still wear a T-Shirt and my FXR or CKK suits keep me warm.  Hands are good with the just the basic gloves.

Fuck I only wear my AC spring jacket with a T-Shirt when going out non sledding.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

53 here.  Cold doesn't really bother me, still wear a T-Shirt and my FXR or CKK suits keep me warm.  Hands are good with the just the basic gloves.

Fuck I only wear my AC spring jacket with a T-Shirt when going out non sledding.

Typical Citiot Canadian eh - only ride when temps are near freezing or above - otherwise it’s too cold and you stay home.  Love it when’s it cold in Canada - we have the trails to ourselves

14 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Typical Citiot Canadian eh - only ride when temps are near freezing or above - otherwise it’s too cold and you stay home.  Love it when’s it cold in Canada - we have the trails to ourselves

Another beta with a severe comprehension problem.  I don't get cold.

5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I ride when you don’t because it’s too cold :lol: 

I ride when trails are open, like now. 

I have a good greenfield project I'm working on.  Let me see if I need to put in a good word for the best light bulbs for the plant when the time comes.  It's the best I can do for a pal.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I ride when trails are open, like now. 

I have a good greenfield project I'm working on.  Let me see if I need to put in a good word for the best light bulbs for the plant when the time comes.  It's the best I can do for a pal.

Youre a good man.

:bc:

1 hour ago, DAVE said:

Unless youre riding in the muskokas..or eastern Ontario.you rarely see people on the trails...

I wish it was like that were we ride. Fortunately most people don't go for big rides so we get away from the crowds most of the time.

9 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

I wish it was like that were we ride. Fortunately most people don't go for big rides so we get away from the crowds most of the time.

You weekend warrior Americans come up and wreck the trails in the muskokas on the weekends. Most locals try and ride during the week.

6 minutes ago, DAVE said:

You weekend warrior Americans come up and wreck the trails in the muskokas on the weekends. Most locals try and ride during the week.

We drove up on Saturday and drove home on Wednesday this week, next week I think we're headed up on Wednesday. We're past weekend warriors at this point.

18 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I love you fuckers that act like they are impervious to cold....as I get older my cold tolerance goes down! :cold:

Same here. It's not that I can't keep warm by dressing right. My problem is with exposed skin. 5 years ago I could get away without wearing gloves to do quick tasks when it's cold. Now my hands get cold much easier.

1 minute ago, ckf said:

Same here. It's not that I can't keep warm by dressing right. My problem is with exposed skin. 5 years ago I could get away without wearing gloves to do quick tasks when it's cold. Now my hands get cold much easier.

Yep...same deal here...sucks.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Rode home last night at -34f.....probably second coldest I've rode in

Three years ago 10 of us started out at -42 and one of the wives had made beef sammiches for everyone. When we stopped for a break they were frozen solid. I put mine inside my jacket and when we got to the lodge it was still frozen

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Three years ago 10 of us started out at -42 and one of the wives had made beef sammiches for everyone. When we stopped for a break they were frozen solid. I put mine inside my jacket and when we got to the lodge it was still frozen

Where was that?