Check your account email address ×

Official 2018-2019 sledding post

Just now, irv said:

My wife is the same way, seriously, electronics and her never get along either. I have been calling her Powder for years. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cc1lrrJXQU

Yeah...it’s bizarre as fuck.  Anything I touch usually has less than a two year life span.  Phones, laptops, IPads, remotes, whatever.  Just lost a Roku remote and it was only a year.  My daughter and wife won’t let me touch their iPads.  I shorted out my  ECU and voltage reg a couple years ago when I pulled the ECU for pedals and mainly cleaning.  Even the Cat engineers were baffled as fuck (but hooked me up anyway). I’m the only one that gets popped by the goddamn light switches in the house.  It’s no joke...it’s fucking weird.  You’d think I might be smart not to do residential and commercial electrical work, but nope!   Been “hit” a few times too.  Kinda exciting!  Well, last one wasn’t.  Ouch!   :lmao:

BTW, “Powder” was a cool flick.  :bc:

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...it’s bizarre as fuck.  Anything I touch usually has less than a two year life span.  Phones, laptops, IPads, remotes, whatever.  Just lost a Roku remote and it was only a year.  My daughter and wife won’t let me touch their iPads.  I shorted out my  ECU and voltage reg a couple years ago when I pulled the ECU for pedals and mainly cleaning.  Even the Cat engineers were baffled as fuck (but hooked me up anyway). I’m the only one that gets popped by the goddamn light switches in the house.  It’s no joke...it’s fucking weird.  You’d think I might be smart not to do residential and commercial electrical work, but nope!   Been “hit” a few times too.  Kinda exciting!  Well, last one wasn’t.  Ouch!   :lmao:

BTW, “Powder” was a cool flick.  :bc:

My wife has issues with phones, TV's, lights flickering or burning out completely, even a street light once. Her laptop always seems to cause her grief whenever she uses it as well. I'm not a 100% sure but some of the issues my son has with some of his electronics, I think at times he has whatever it is she has. Over the last 6 months/yr or more, whenever she decides to see what time it is or just happens to look at a clock, the time is always 4:44. At first I was thinking it is just a fluke but this has been going on for a while now. Just the other day I happened to look at the cable box and it said 4:44 but I didn't tell her. Sorta freaked me out a bit. O.o  

Edited by irv

3 minutes ago, irv said:

My wife has issues with phones, TV's, lights flickering or burning out completely, even a street light once. Her laptop always seems to cause her grief whenever she uses it as well. I'm not a 100% sure but some of the issues my son has with some of his electronics, I think at times he has whatever it is she has. Over the last 6 months/yr or more, whenever she decides to see what time it is or just happens to look at a clock, the time is always 4:44. At first I was thinking it is just a fluke but this has been going on for a while now. Just the other day I happened to look at the cable box and it said 4:44 but I didn't tell her. Sorta freaked me out a bit. O.o  

FAA9B8E7-5FDF-49DF-A86B-5F14B2632400.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

I just shut the phone off then put in in pocket in case OI need it. Its not so much the cold that kills it as its the searching for a signal.

Put it in airplane mode :thumb:

11 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

yeah, they can be a real bitch to work with iTunes.  their iMessage system is top notch tho. thats about it. cant even add those cool  weather widgets on iphone like you can on androids. 

imessage is great as is siri,  the rest of it i hated compared to my android phones.  

On 1/22/2019 at 8:14 PM, Zambroski said:

I personally can’t wait to hear your season ending review.  Isn’t this doo #2 for you now?  You got a diamond pounder too right? Shit...I’ll say it...You are a fucking Doo Guy now!!!!

:lmao:

still no overwhelming urge to suck a dick but then I have been avoiding safety shelters with other doo  parked out side .

I got a shitty sport gade new in 15 tossed some hay days used  x package shocks in it good to go .

I literly bent a arm on that thing loading it in to the trailer .

I do trust that old cast iorn bore 600 .

I don't think it has over 1000 mi on it at this point . it goes from my house to the bar 1 or 2 times a yr and yanked up to the cabin for a guest sled or if the wife wants to ride that 1,time a yr when all the stars line up in perfect order 

so far the 850 is ok still trenching more than I am use to still working on that .more throttle control helps it is only a 2.5 . unlike a poo or a cat once it starts trenching you are not sure it is going to keep going so I turn out . I am pull g that huge snow flap off tonight pretty sure that will help keeping it moving 

not liking how jumpy it is when crossing old trenches .did it yesterday in a spot that was a bit iffy . in fact I am starting to assess if there is a reasonable  out before crossing steep hill a lot more than I ever have . prob not a bad thing lol but deff coherent of my situation now . I may learn to pre react to a trench crossing but have not yet . and same thing when hard on your side  in fluff and you hit wind blown really exaggerated jumps to the side .

the 850 is now out of break in and using a lot less oil can't really tell any big power jump yet but again we are running 8400 to 10k feet 

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

aaaahhhhhhh ahahahhahahhahahahahh YEEEAAAHHAHAHAhhahahahahahahahh!!!!!

A little bangin' fer me...cold as fuck though!  New mask sucks...not all that impressed with this fucking fidlock bullshit on my new lid either.

IMG_4388.jpg

It wouldn't be as cold if you put a windshield on that pile, dumbass. :lol::bc:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

It wouldn't be as cold if you put a windshield on that pile, dumbass. :lol::bc:

I'm not a transexual....but I am saving for it now.  Fucking Trump fucked up my plans!!!!!!!

Just now, ckf said:

X2

Hey!  Hey.....hey!

Related image

38 minutes ago, ckf said:

But it looks cool. :lol:

No.  GNAR.  It looks GNAR.

27 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Probably rides in those crocs and pit coat as well.

Ahh...I was wearing my pit coat but slipped on my Sorels.  Just a quick run.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Ive never had a "windshield" on any of my sleds.. I dont really see the need or get cold. 

FOT8B4A.JPG

FB_IMG_1443449150923.jpg

FOT627B.jpg

mms_img1427171713.jpg

I haven't either.  I have the super low on mine and fine at -30.  I rode a mid hight and my face froze as it directed wind at my face instead of my chest.  

5 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I haven't either.  I have the super low on mine and fine at -30.  I rode a mid hight and my face froze as it directed wind at my face instead of my chest.  

Same here....mind you it was nice having that super huge windshield  on this thing.

:lol:

20181220_220935.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

It really doesnt get cold here though, id say we usually hang around 10-20* most of the winter,, When I see some of you guys are out riding in -20*.. Id be riding the couch those days..:lol:

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

It really doesnt get cold here though, id say we usually hang around 10-20* most of the winter,, When I see some of you guys are out riding in -20*.. Id be riding the couch those days..:lol:

Pussy!!!!!

:lol:

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

ummm , yeah!!!!.. None of my riding gear is insulated, all just shells

Ever since I went to klim....ive never worn anything but a t shirt under my jacket.