Check your account email address ×

Official 2018-2019 sledding post

15 hours ago, f7ben said:

What an awesome snowmobiling year.....just awesome 

Pretty good yr here too. Shitload of snow, more trail riding than I'd like but some incredible days of boondockin'  prolly of 2600 miles, 50 bad.

22 hours ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

there is a wrap company based in Canada but for life out of me I cannot remember the company name, They had some serious kick ass wraps but costs around $700-800. 

I'm trying to think of a bigger waste of money in sledding then a wrap.  

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm trying to think of a bigger waste of money in sledding then a wrap.  

Why is it a waste...guys spend extra ordering different colored rails, spindles and panels from the factory when snowchecking. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Why is it a waste...guys spend extra ordering different colored rails, spindles and panels from the factory when snowchecking. 

I'm the throw a better windscreen, carbides, and ride kind of guy, for the most part.  If I'm blowing through another $750 on a sled, I'm upgrading skis and adding studs.  

• Like 1

Ok, the RMK is riding like shit at 48deg. I think the Posshocks have the wrong oil in them? A lot of fade after giving it hell for five miles or so? I’m going to see what the dealer has for take offs tomorrow when I pick up the Nitro? I don’t remember this sled riding so bad? It’s getting up in the miles and doesn’t warrant new front shocks. @AKIQPilot

6F347EB4-2FD5-4D7A-ABBE-E1B55872DAA8.jpeg

FC95402F-B5B8-4B16-9D75-4CA6E34C85AC.jpeg

9 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Ok, the RMK is riding like shit at 48deg. I think the Posshocks have the wrong oil in them? A lot of fade after giving it hell for five miles or so? I’m going to see what the dealer has for take offs tomorrow when I pick up the Nitro? I don’t remember this sled riding so bad? It’s getting up in the miles and doesn’t warrant new front shocks. @AKIQPilot

6F347EB4-2FD5-4D7A-ABBE-E1B55872DAA8.jpeg

FC95402F-B5B8-4B16-9D75-4CA6E34C85AC.jpeg

Yea those are just throwaway shocks. You should be able to get yourself some similar shocks for about $90 each. They will at least get the ride back similar to stock. 

A walker evans piggyback shock should fit too but those are about $350 each by the time you buy all the bushings and sleeves it will need for each end. 

If you can measure the overall length I can try to find a pair of shocks for ya. 

11 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

making your sled pretty is just throwing money away,  if anything it hurts resale to have a wrap vs oem graphics.  

• Like 1

Just now, Angry ginger said:

making your sled pretty is just throwing money away,  if anything it hurts resale to have a wrap vs oem graphics.  

According to you...nothing wrong with wanting a custom look and who looks at snowmobiling as a money making venture anyhow?

19 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Id have to agree. 

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

According to you...nothing wrong with wanting a custom look and who looks at snowmobiling as a money making venture anyhow?

If you plan to keep it like anything, do what you wish.  If its short term, you are wasting you're money as you will never get it back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

If you plan to keep it like anything, do what you wish.  If its short term, you are wasting you're money as you will never get it back.

That goes for most extras when selling a used sled IMO...you might get a small percentage back but again the whole sport is really a waste of money....jus sayin.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That goes for most extras when selling a used sled IMO...you might get a small percentage back but again the whole sport is really a waste of money....jus sayin.

I know it is.  What would you rather do, sit inside and read a book, or golf, or kayak?  Enjoy life.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I know it is.  What would you rather do, sit inside and read a book, or golf, or kayak?  Enjoy life.

That’s my point...I’m not the one arguing the dollars and cents over a sled wrap...it’s all good Bruh! :usflag:

14 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Well in your case even having a sled is a waste given you never ride it. :lol:  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Well in your case even having a sled is a waste given you never ride it. :lol:  

I ride it when I want to and if that's twice a winter so be it...even if I rode 5000 miles a season I wouldn't parade around and talk myself up as some sort of legend of the sport. 

12 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yea those are just throwaway shocks. You should be able to get yourself some similar shocks for about $90 each. They will at least get the ride back similar to stock. 

A walker evans piggyback shock should fit too but those are about $350 each by the time you buy all the bushings and sleeves it will need for each end. 

If you can measure the overall length I can try to find a pair of shocks for ya. 

Found some take offs in my buds 30’x120’ used parts building. $100 for the set with the proper bushings. They suspect my shocks are full of moisture and are stiff as a board when cold out. Fade big time when warm. They told me I have milk in them?😂

4FFD47AC-4813-432C-A098-23FA1E51C2E5.jpeg

14 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Found some take offs in my buds 30’x120’ used parts building. $100 for the set with the proper bushings. They suspect my shocks are full of moisture and are stiff as a board when cold out. Fade big time when warm. They told me I have milk in them?😂

4FFD47AC-4813-432C-A098-23FA1E51C2E5.jpeg

How's the snow around Sidnaw? Dan is twisting my arm bigtime to head up today, all I have to do is show up as he has a brand new Switchback for me...........

37 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

How's the snow around Sidnaw? Dan is twisting my arm bigtime to head up today, all I have to do is show up as he has a brand new Switchback for me...........

You have to know where you are going. You could drop by Sidnaw Station and do some loops. Any trail that runs through any town is toast. Scratches are a must in the woods and on the trails..

• Thanks 1