Check your account email address ×

Official 2018-2019 sledding post

16 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I’ve always backed out my fronts until I bottom out a bit, then go two turns in. I’ve got these all the way backed out and can’t find bottom. I think I need to do a spring change? It’s also only a 600 and won’t pull the ski’s like I’m used to. The reason I grabbed the 600 is because Polaris 800 sucked balls before 2015. Not sure if you ever heard about the 800 problems. :lol:

600 Dragons also had the WE air shock stock.   The Non Dragons had non rebuildable RydeFX shocks.  

You said it's on the softest setting?  I assume the softest spring setting?  

16 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I’ve always backed out my fronts until I bottom out a bit, then go two turns in. I’ve got these all the way backed out and can’t find bottom. I think I need to do a spring change? It’s also only a 600 and won’t pull the ski’s like I’m used to. The reason I grabbed the 600 is because Polaris 800 sucked balls before 2015. Not sure if you ever heard about the 800 problems. :lol:

Jesus..backed them out until you bottom?  Why?  You do know what happens when a shock bottoms out right?  I don't see how this is of any benefit but then again, not sure how/where you ride.  Again, Tom for this.  But if your front end is that "boaty"...how do you turn without rolling over?

THis?  :lol: 

BC034152-30B9-48FA-A68F-913C76B36014.jpeg

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Jesus..backed them out until you bottom?  Why?  You do know what happens when a shock bottoms out right?  I don't see how this is of any benefit but then again, not sure how/where you ride.  Again, Tom for this.  But if your front end is that "boaty"...how do you turn without rolling over?

I always try and set everything up I own with suspension at 25% sag..so the shocks are always working in mid travel..it has really worked great for me..I might bottom a couple times a year on a big hit but 99% of the time the shocks are just moving throughout their normal stroke.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Hmmmmm..there is a guy around here...think his name is Chad or something like that...he may have mentioned those 800 problems once or twice. :lmao:

Nice looking sled BTW.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Ryde fx are total trash 

4 minutes ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

They use to be good shocks? :dunno:

I have heard their air shocks are junk but the coil overs are good. 

5 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I back them out until I hit bottom on a big hit then crank them in a few. I don’t ride around bottoming out the suspension all day. The prickers didn’t fold over and I didn’t have enough speed in that pic. I was down in a creak bed.

5 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

600 Dragons also had the WE air shock stock.   The Non Dragons had non rebuildable RydeFX shocks.  

You said it's on the softest setting?  I assume the softest spring setting?  

Yes. The shocks are not blown. My youngest son is 6’3 and 30 lbs heavier than me. He said the way it’s set up is perfect for him. I think I need to do a spring change.

5 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I have heard their air shocks are junk but the coil overs are good. 

Sled Solutions (Paul) had them on his '03 Pro X 600.  That's probably the best sit down sled I've ever ridden  

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

22 hours ago, STUMP said:

I never bottomed on my xrs.

Then you've got them set too stiff.

10 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...a good winter really dried up stock on the top end sleds.  There were some really good deals in January.  I'm just kinda half-assed looking though.  My sled is set up better in every way for what I want so, I'm good but, that doesn't mean I won't jump on something. Teams are starting to dump their race sleds now.  Some still crated!  Team I bought mine from called me, there's just hit Craigs.  Stupid three gallon tank and ugly headlight tho....

You're setting are off.

You should bottom every so often if they are set correctly.

There's no adjustment on the center shock on X packages, there's only a clicker for the rear shock.

Just now, Wildboer said:

Then you've got them set too stiff.

There's no adjustment on the center shock on X packages, there's only a clicker for the rear shock.

I liked them that way.

8 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Like Zam said, if you're not bottoming out every once in a while you're not utilizing the full travel of your suspension. 

Worked for me.

:bc:

10 hours ago, Woodtick said:

i do the same with my deep snow sleds I like em sloppy in the fr 

did you put the slp pipe kit in that thing ? 

I had a 600rmk I bought some yrs back after I totaled my m1000 first day of a 9 day trip in CO . got it from a guy in kremmling and he gave me the new pipe kit in the box with it . put it in about mid season fucker had some real extra kick to it after that . still yard sailed  it at hay days in the fall so I could buy another M though . I got my 11  with that poo cash 

the shocks on it sucked ass . but it was older cant remember year black with a factory flame job what ever year that was 

Edited by Ez ryder
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, STUMP said:

Worked for me.

You're missing the point Dumb Dave. Holy fuck though... you really changed your fucking username because Dumb Dave was catching on... I'm not even that much of a fucking faggot :lol: Holy shit dude.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

You're missing the point Dumb Dave. Holy fuck though... you really changed your fucking username because Dumb Dave was catching on... I'm not even that much of a fucking faggot :lol: Holy shit dude.

Youre a make up wearing faggot....know your role.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, STUMP said:

Youre a make up wearing faggot....know your role.

Whatever you say Dumb Dave. The new name is pretty fitting though, because you're roughly as smart and useful as a stump.

• Haha 1

Just now, Wildboer said:

Whatever you say Dumb Dave. The new name is pretty fitting though, because you're roughly as smart and useful as a stump.

Feel better about yourself?

• Haha 1

Any Mericans interested in a lower mile 800 etec I’m selling mine. 

Flexedge track 1.75 inch lug

6.9 pilot skis 

Heavy duty bumper with hitch and original bumper

2700 Miles (ish)

6 inch adjustable riser

Spare belt (1900 miles on it)

Linq bases

New plugs and reflash last year. 

Good condition. Typical branch markets on hood and side panels but no damage.

500 Miles over the last 3 years. Been using it for fishing. 

Reason for selling—snow checking a 2020. 

Available week of April 8th. ( or sooner depending on snow for late season ice fishing). 

No tire kickers. 

If you want drop off its fuel cost plus 0.43 cents a km. 

Private sale. No warranty remaining.

31 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

Any Mericans interested in a lower mile 800 etec I’m selling mine. 

Flexedge track 1.75 inch lug

6.9 pilot skis 

Heavy duty bumper with hitch and original bumper

2700 Miles (ish)

6 inch adjustable riser

Spare belt (1900 miles on it)

Linq bases

New plugs and reflash last year. 

Good condition. Typical branch markets on hood and side panels but no damage.

500 Miles over the last 3 years. Been using it for fishing. 

Reason for selling—snow checking a 2020. 

Available week of April 8th. ( or sooner depending on snow for late season ice fishing). 

No tire kickers. 

If you want drop off its fuel cost plus 0.43 cents a km. 

Private sale. No warranty remaining.

Pics of the tool kit please.