Check your account email address ×

Weekend thread!!!!!11

SSFB

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Any school teachers???  Was always exciting seeing what teachers would show up for the start of the year.

I saw a dude school teacher. Also saw two half black eskimo kids, that was weird!  :lol:

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Congratulations, Joelle!  :bc:

We are starting the weekend hard aground in Koyuk AK. No water around the boat, pics will come later... The crew wants to rent a dump truck and dozier and build a road to the boat so we can use the dozier to push us off the mud. The office wants us to wait until Wednesday for the next high-high tide in the hope we get ourselves off the hard. What a shit show!  :lol:

do·zy

(dō′zē)

adj. do·zi·er, do·zi·est
Half asleep; drowsy.

dozer

NOUN

informal

short for bulldozer

So....hold the phone....I was scanning late last night and ran into this shit.  Now there are replay "challenges" in baseball?  :lol: As if they needed anything else to slow this fucking sport down.  OMG.....

As you all can tell.....I don't follow baseball AT ALL.

35 minutes ago, f7ben said:

:lol: dude.....poly vapor barrier is so fucking 1997 ......what are you thinking

Thinking I had 4 fucking rolls of 6 mil I’ve been looking at for 3 years.  

Airtight....in a fucking garage.  :lmao:

Just now, Zambroski said:

Thinking I had 4 fucking rolls of 6 mil I’ve been looking at for 3 years.  

Airtight....in a fucking garage.  :lmao:

No ....the other way. I wouldnt use anything at all.......I have seen what happens when you use poly and heat cycle a building without proper air handling.

You would be way way way better off with no poly. The energy code has gone from vapor barrier to a vapor retarder because they knew all the problems they caused with requiring poly

A 1" slit in that poly will let something like 19 gallons of water through in a year if the humidity delta is more than 10% between inside and out. When that moisture gets behind the poly it has no where to go ......tyvek on the outside and poly on the inside without proper humidity control equals 100% guaranteed mold 

24 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No ....the other way. I wouldnt use anything at all.......I have seen what happens when you use poly and heat cycle a building without proper air handling.

You would be way way way better off with no poly. The energy code has gone from vapor barrier to a vapor retarder because they knew all the problems they caused with requiring poly

A 1" slit in that poly will let something like 19 gallons of water through in a year if the humidity delta is more than 10% between inside and out. When that moisture gets behind the poly it has no where to go ......tyvek on the outside and poly on the inside without proper humidity control equals 100% guaranteed mold 

Yeah, opinions vary especially on garages. It’s a well a ventilated garage plus a vented heater.  I like using a vb. If it’s done correctly and sealed properly, it works well.  If it’s put up half assed it can be a mess and a waste.  I don’t half ass anything.  I’ve seen mold with and without it so.  Really no perfect solution for that.