Check your account email address ×

Need a new vehicle for the wife

Rod

Just now, Snake said:

I could get it done for chump change.

Sledding with dealers and suppliers makes short work of things.

it's $2500 in parts alone so unless it's a nissan dealer willing to goodwill the parts your still looking at a shit ton of money

Just now, Angry ginger said:

it's $2500 in parts alone so unless it's a nissan dealer willing to goodwill the parts your still looking at a shit ton of money

Keep going.

You almost should feel better now.

19 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Nice, lotta places don't give out demos anymore, nice perk.  I've sniffed around for anything with a "63" for a possible next ride.  Im wavering back and forth between that or a pickup.  You can get that 63 motor in everything from their smallest C class to the AMG GT.  Big steam!  Nice demo, ma in law drives a 15 E350 Cabriolet, looks alot like that one.  :bc: 

C/E 63’s are pretty reasonably priced used. That’s a potential for me in a year or so 

26 minutes ago, DAVE said:

I know 0 about Mercedes benz. I did see a big tub of vasiline just inside the front door of the dealership though...whats that all about? :lol:

My 09 ML550 was a CPO that i bought from the dealer with 16k miles on it in 12.  Sticker on it new was around 70k. They wanted 39k for it, I threw a dirty offer of 32.5k and they took it.  Thats how I like to buy them.  New, i'd need that whole tub if I paid that kind of money.  Honestly though, the 4 I've owned and 3-4 my folks have owned have all been built really well, no expensive freak problems, just reliable.  Its got 137k on it now and im itching for a new ride again.    

9 minutes ago, frenchy said:

C/E 63’s are pretty reasonably priced used. That’s a potential for me in a year or so 

Crazy power.

9 minutes ago, ckf said:

78 was the first year of the new Monte Carlo. My parents ordered one in a 4 speed

andy_constantine_exterior-full_size.jpg

Damn, theres a memory.  Mine was black with red interior just like that one.

Edited by DriftBusta

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

My 09 ML550 was a CPO that i bought from the dealer with 16k miles on it in 12.  Sticker on it was around 70k. They wanted 39k for it, I threw a dirty offer of 32.5k and they took it.  Thats how I like to buy them.  New, i'd need that whole tub if I paid that kind of money.  Honestly though, the 4 I've owned and 3-4 my folks have owned have all been built really well, no expensive freak problems, just reliable.  Its got 137k on it now and im itching for a new ride again.    

Crazy power.

Damn, theres a memory.  Mine was black with red interior just like that one.

Im really liking my platinum 3fiddy.

Makes my xlt 1fiddy feel cheap.

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Im really liking my platinum 3fiddy.

Makes my xlt 1fiddy feel cheap.

I bet, wicked nice trucks.  The headlights are nuts on them coming down the road.  I wish I could rationalize one, just don't tow that much any more.

Edited by DriftBusta

• Platinum Contributing Member

I did a lot of research after my daughter crashed her Edge and Nissan had a lot of issues and pissed off customers....Lexus on the other hand was almost universally top rated.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

I bet, wicked nice trucks.  The headlights are nuts on them coming down the road.  I wish I could rationalize one, just don't tow tha

True that...i was gonna add a light bar because of all the moose we got out her...but dont need it...they are crazy bright...havent had anyone flash me high beams at nite though.

57 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Monte carlo

74 was the year for me! I haven't read much of these 10 pgs so I am not really sure what Sludge is after but I will say we are really enjoying our 2017 Impala. So far no issues whatsoever. Rides beautifully, good power (3.6 V-6) and decent gas mileage. Still puts a smile on my wife's face. 

Picture 003 (Large).jpg

Picture 005 (Large).jpg

Sue's car 1.jpg

Sue's car 2.jpg

Sue's car.JPG

Just now, irv said:

74 was the year for me! I haven't read much of these 10 pgs so I am not really sure what Sludge is after but I will say we are really enjoying our 2017 Impala. So far no issues whatsoever. Rides beautifully, good power (3.6 V-6) and decent gas mileage. Still puts a smile on my wife's face. 

Picture 003 (Large).jpg

Picture 005 (Large).jpg

Sue's car 1.jpg

Sue's car 2.jpg

Sue's car.JPG

Sweet monte! You still have it?

1 minute ago, DAVE said:

Sweet monte! You still have it?

Yep, but it hasn't moved in 15 yrs, unfortunately. I cooked the engine back then, then kids and life got busy so I parked it in the garage where it still sits. Hoping to retire next year where I'll likely get at it again. 

Picture 002 (Large).jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, irv said:

Yep, but it hasn't moved in 15 yrs, unfortunately. I cooked the engine back then, then kids and life got busy so I parked it in the garage where it still sits. Hoping to retire next year where I'll likely get at it again. 

Picture 002 (Large).jpg

Oh man she looks clean!

:bc:

• Like 1

I had an 87 like this. Bought it new as a leftover in 88. Removed all but the SS stickers on the door. I removed all of the smog crap and let it breath a bit. Not a powerhouse by today's standards, but fun to drive back then.

CARS-01.JPG

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ckf said:

I had an 87 like this. Bought it new as a leftover in 88. Removed all but the SS stickers on the door. I removed all of the smog crap and let it breath a bit. Not a powerhouse by today's standards, but fun to drive back then.

CARS-01.JPG

Wow thats nice! Sad to see your standards have fallen.

:lol:

56 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I did a lot of research after my daughter crashed her Edge and Nissan had a lot of issues and pissed off customers....Lexus on the other hand was almost universally top rated.

Toyota...I’m sold.  We’re on our 2nd RX and I dare say it’s probably the best vehicle we’ve ever owned.  2nd Best was the first RX.  Seriously. Just crazy good.

30 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Toyota...I’m sold.  We’re on our 2nd RX and I dare say it’s probably the best vehicle we’ve ever owned.  2nd Best was the first RX.  Seriously. Just crazy good.

My father went through 4 Lexus, the last being the RX350. Toyota really has it going on.

• Platinum Contributing Member
38 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

My father went through 4 Lexus, the last being the RX350. Toyota really has it going on.

Granted the one we bought was very well maintained and one owner but for being 9 years old and having 150,000 on the clock it's rock solid and still looks minty.  :ylsuper:

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Yeah. Impressive little SUV’s for sure.

53 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Granted the one we bought was very well maintained and one owner but for being 9 years old and having 150,000 on the clock it's rock solid and still looks minty.  :ylsuper:

Yup.  Just make sure you get that timing belt changed before it snaps and you twerk the engine.  The newer ones have chains now.

Look....this was when I pulled mine apart to change it.  Nick of fucking time!!!!  HOLY FUCK!  And that’s exactly what I said...One stoplight away from $$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!

E226BD48-4B6B-4D3D-B5BC-7414FDFC83F6.jpeg

3 hours ago, DAVE said:

You betcha!

I worked at a GM dealer in 86 when the State of Vt drug task force bought a T-Type with the good turbo engine. My cousin was a service writer and he test drove the cars after pdi. He came into my office and said lets go for a ride. That fucker could just light the tires after getting a little boost! Everybody and their brother took it out for a burn. When the narcs came by to pick it up they noticed the back tires were roasted with 38 miles on the car! The owner of the store made us all chip in to buy 2 rears!! Well worth it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

I worked at a GM dealer in 86 when the State of Vt drug task force bought a T-Type with the good turbo engine. My cousin was a service writer and he test drove the cars after pdi. He came into my office and said lets go for a ride. That fucker could just light the tires after getting a little boost! Everybody and their brother took it out for a burn. When the narcs came by to pick it up they noticed the back tires were roasted with 38 miles on the car! The owner of the store made us all chip in to buy 2 rears!! Well worth it!

Best car of the 80’s unless you count the zr1