Check your account email address ×

Need a new vehicle for the wife

Rod

6 minutes ago, DAVE said:

This is not true. Pollution control killed muscle cars.

the 73 oil crisis and the industries need to improve fuel economy and then catalytic converters(which would not work with leaded gas) were the final nail in the coffin of muscle cars.  took them 20+ years to overcome that.

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

honestly i have no real excitement any american car from about 74 till say 97 when the C5 vettes came out.

No interest in a 90-95 zr1?

12 minutes ago, frenchy said:

thanks Daive! 

do you disagree that 70's, 80's, 90's cars were pieces of shit? it wasn't isolated to american cars,  outside euro sports cars like a ferrari or 911 I would not want to drive any car from that era

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

do you disagree that 70's, 80's, 90's cars were pieces of shit? it wasn't isolated to american cars,  outside euro sports cars like a ferrari or 911 I would not want to drive any car from that era

Not entirely. Chevy v8's in the 70's and 80's ran pretty good. Everything else yeah pretty much a piece of shit. 

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

the 73 oil crisis and the industries need to improve fuel economy and then catalytic converters(which would not work with leaded gas) were the final nail in the coffin of muscle cars.  took them 20+ years to overcome that.

You could still take all the pollution control shit off and get power though on unleaded fuel.

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I said that before, all cars of that era sucked. I could still find enjoyment in cruising around in a GNX and doing multiple burnouts though. :bc: 

1 minute ago, frenchy said:

I said that before, all cars of that era sucked. I could still find enjoyment in cruising around in a GNX and doing multiple burnouts though. :bc: 

You betcha!

:bc:

Just now, DAVE said:

No interest in a 90-95 zr1?

not really, had a c4 vette and while it was cool at 16/17 it really was a POS, the ZR1 was just a faster POS.  the c5 was a huge improvement, I had a 00.  anything old like that is a toy and if i was going to own a toy car that was old it would be a 67-72 camaro/firebird or maybe a chevelle(65 being my sweet spot).    

Funny to me that the car of my youth aged so poorly where those of the 50's and 60's aged so well.  It's that way in other aspects of life, i'd still rather watch a 60's or 70's TV show over something from the 80's.  

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

not really, had a c4 vette and while it was cool at 16/17 it really was a POS, the ZR1 was just a faster POS.  the c5 was a huge improvement, I had a 00.  anything old like that is a toy and if i was going to own a toy car that was old it would be a 67-72 camaro/firebird or maybe a chevelle(65 being my sweet spot).    

Funny to me that the car of my youth aged so poorly where those of the 50's and 60's aged so well.  It's that way in other aspects of life, i'd still rather watch a 60's or 70's TV show over something from the 80's.  

I had an 00 as well....i prefered my 87convertible over it....different strokes i guess.