Check your account email address ×

Need a new vehicle for the wife

Rod

10 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

DE3ECE91-2899-4C0B-A15F-CCBA70D22122.thumb.jpeg.56f9ea26de0a2e372295ef84e60b4df4.jpeg

Yeah bouy!!  There was a time....growing up dad drove 68-71-76 Buick Electra 225's, 79 Caddy Coupe de Ville, 84 Seville, and then he finally went to an S class Mercedes in 89 and never looked back.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, DriftBusta said:

Yeah bouy!!  There was a time....growing up dad drove 68-71-76 Buick Electra 225's, 79 Caddy Coupe de Ville, 84 Seville, and then he finally went to an S class Mercedes in 89 and never looked back.

When I was 17 my mom had a Buick wildcat , 455. I would take that for a beat run every now and then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Was never a fan of the chopped look of the seville....eldorado baritz ya man.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

When I was 17 my mom had a Buick wildcat , 455. I would take that for a beat run every now and then.

Nice.  Wildcats were sweet, so were the Riviera's.  When I was a kid, dad would let me take the car for the night, first thing we'd do is flip the air filter upside down and do burnouts  :lol: 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I had a 79.  Junk compared to the older ones.  Felt like a toy car with that pathetic V6.  Kept it 6 months and traded it on a Trans Am.  :lol: 

79 was first yr of the shorter monte no?

Just now, DAVE said:

Was never a fan of the chopped look of the seville....eldorado baritz ya man.

x2.  It was a pretty shitty car.  At least his Coupe de Ville had the big V8 in it.  That Seville was gutless.

44 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

sure if you want to drop 5 grand on the shitty CVT transmission in them.  Nissan with a  CVT is about the last vehicle i'd buy.  

My daughter's went 120k before she wrecked it.... :dunno:

44 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Why not an x5?

Doesn't seem the type. :news:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

what were they back then like a 502 or something

Way back yeah, I think they were.  Dads had a 425 ci v8.  Just looked it up....180 hp.  0-60 in 11.6 seconds.  Jesus.  :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

My daughter has a 16 Rogue, CVT shit the bed on hers.  Went for a ride with friends the other day in a new 18 Pathfinder.  I was surprised, it was damn nice.  I'm generally not a fan of Nissans.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Way back yeah, I think they were.  Dads had a 425 ci v8.  Just looked it up....180 hp.  0-60 in 11.6 seconds.  Jesus.  :lol: 

I believe GM kept making a marine version of that 502 for a long time afterward.

yeah I think so.  You couldn't get it with a V8 anymore I remember that.

My one son who was a fuck up is a benz salesman now...hes trying to get me in a benz...my bro in law took the bait.

I said id get one if and when they make a full size 1 ton pick up with a deisel. :lol:

Hes the tall one and thats his daily driver they give him.

Screenshot_20180815-141500_Facebook.jpg

Just now, DAVE said:

My one son who was a fuck up is a benz salesman now...hes trying to get me in a benz...my bro in law took the bait.

I said id get one if and when they make a full size 1 ton pick up with a deisel. :lol:

Hes the tall one and thats his daily driver they give him.

Screenshot_20180815-141500_Facebook.jpg

Nice, lotta places don't give out demos anymore, nice perk.  I've sniffed around for anything with a "63" for a possible next ride.  Im wavering back and forth between that or a pickup.  You can get that 63 motor in everything from their smallest C class to the AMG GT.  Big steam!  Nice demo, ma in law drives a 15 E350 Cabriolet, looks alot like that one.  :bc: 

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Nice, lotta places don't give out demos anymore, nice perk.  I've sniffed around for anything with a "63" for a possible next ride.  Im wavering back and forth between that or a pickup.  You can get that 63 motor in everything from their smallest C class to the AMG GT.  Big steam!  Nice demo, ma in law drives a 15 E350 Cabriolet, looks alot like that one.  :bc: 

I know 0 about Mercedes benz. I did see a big tub of vasiline just inside the front door of the dealership though...whats that all about? :lol:

15 minutes ago, Snake said:

so your taking the AMG approach to reliability, it never happened to me so they are perfect.  '

It's a widespread issue and a huge $ one.  make the 1500 power transfer unit on my explorer looks like a cheap repair.  

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

buy the pickup far more use friendly

I looked at an ML63 the other day,  really nice and it already had a hitch on it.  

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

so your taking the AMG approach to reliability, it never happened to me so they are perfect.  '

It's a widespread issue and a huge $ one.  make the 1500 power transfer unit on my explorer looks like a cheap repair.  

I could get it done for chump change.

Sledding with dealers and suppliers makes short work of things.

• Haha 1