Check your account email address ×

800k people set to leave New York and California over taxes

• Platinum Contributing Member

Lots of boomers just moving to warm weather as well.   Not to say taxes isn't a contributing factor but certainly not all of it.

The California thing I would say has plenty of factors contributing.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DAVE said:

We have the highest income tax here dummy....its actually more expensive for most things here....housing use to be cheap.

:lol:

Ontario's highest marginal rate is 54%, those are the ones leaving, not the guys making min wage. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DAVE said:

We have the highest income tax here dummy....its actually more expensive for most things here....housing use to be cheap.

Jesus.  Why would anyone want to live in Sask?

11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

If I were to move it anywhere. it would have been to the US where most of my income is generated.

Losers aren't moving out of Ontario, its the brain drain that goes, not the brainless.

And why didn’t you move to the US?

I agree with you on the brain drain, but jobs requiring brains are in the cities where the taxes and expenses are high, so Ontario’s tax rates aren’t a factor there.  Opportunity is the prime motivator.

Just now, ICEMAN! said:

I agree with you on the brain drain, but jobs requiring brains are in the cities where the taxes and expenses are high, so Ontario’s tax rates aren’t a factor there.  Opportunity is the prime motivator.

Freedom...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold Member

Those Californians have made where I live the fastest growing city in the US percentage wise.  Several of my neighbors are retirees from California that made a killing on their home and come in and buy a lot nicer homes then they had in Cali and have a bunch of cash to spare.

7 minutes ago, ICEMAN! said:

That's a good question, family, friends . .  hindsight is 20/20, I have zero regrets but I would have been even much better off, but that's not everything.

Opportunity is the prime motivator, I agree, however what brains are all in the city?  Bankers, lawyers?  Those certainly aren't part of the brain drain, its the tech and they are everywhere.  Also with modern technology a lot of the talent can be scattered and no longer need to reside in one location, that's old news.:thumbsup:  

1 hour ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

only liberals celebrate losing 800,000 PEOPLE leaving due to high taxes

You prefer the dead beats and degenerates stay? Prices are typically high in high commerce areas. 

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

I love the fact that the new tax bill is sticking it to the wealthy in NY and CA.  :lol:  

But the dems told us the cuts are only for the rich, and the rest of us just get crumbs.

:news: 

6 hours ago, Rigid1 said:

My father left Cicero, NY 6yrs ago to move to Goodyear, AZ, sold his 184k house in NY,  had a custom 750k house built in AZ, in a gated community, out his back gate is the 13the tee to one of 3 golf courses in his community.. 

Anyone want to guess which place has over 50% less property tax..

NYS is awesome,  it's sucks that NYC runs and ruins the entire state..

So he spent $600k to save money on taxes?

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

If I were to move it anywhere. it would have been to the US where most of my income is generated.

Losers aren't moving out of Ontario, its the brain drain that goes, not the brainless.

Which is why you are not leaving. 

:lol:

Ontario's highest marginal rate is 54%, those are the ones leaving, not the guys making min wage. 

You know why taxes in Canada are so much higher than the US????? Because it's worth it. 

5 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Yeah. You can do a lot more of what you want. 

Too bad all you want to do is jerk off in front of your computer. 

43 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Which is why you are not leaving. 

You know why taxes in Canada are so much higher than the US????? Because it's worth it. 

Too bad all you want to do is jerk off in front of your computer. 

You are without a doubt the dumbest motherfucker on this site.  If we had a poll you would come out of top hands down and even bring mortal enemies together for a brief truce.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

So he spent $600k to save money on taxes?

Nope, he retired and headed to a state that would benefit his quality of life and his pension..

In that teachers pay thread, there is a NYS pension link I posted.. Over 80% of those pensions leave the state..They spend all the money NYS pays them (billions)for decades in other states..Think about that... 

Let's ask a fellow CNY 'r

@Snoslinger, you have to admit your taxed out the ass..

4 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Nope, he retired and headed to a state that would benefit his quality of life and his pension..

In that teachers pay thread, there is a NYS pension link I posted.. Over 80% of those pensions leave the state..They spend all the money NYS pays them (billions)for decades in other states..Think about that... 

bet he says he fine with the taxes here:news:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 01mxz800 said:

bet he says he fine with the taxes here:news:

He has to admit we are taxed out the ass..He fishes alot, but even he has to admit how we get fist fucked right in the fucking ass

49 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Hey bro you dont have to tell me, Illinois is just as bad. The pensions are bankrupting the state and same thing, as soon as they retire they move away. 

7 hours ago, Highmark said:

Lots of boomers just moving to warm weather as well.   Not to say taxes isn't a contributing factor but certainly not all of it.

The California thing I would say has plenty of factors contributing.  

Californias housing market is red hot. Pushing out the low income faggots. 

33 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Californias housing market is red hot. Pushing out the low income faggots. 

It’s been that way for a long time. I had a job offer in Santa Clara in 1990 and went out there to interview and look for a place. I got the job but said screw that. The only thing I could afford was junk and an hour or so away. :flush: 

3 hours ago, awful knawful said:

My last check was 57% of my gross.

15% sales tax after that.

Come on up to Canada. California will look like heaven!!

Where the fuck do you live that you've pay 57%

I don't want to call you a liar but.......

https://www.taxtips.ca/calculators/canadian-tax/canadian-tax-calculator.htm

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

Where the fuck do you live that you've pay 57%

I don't want to call you a liar but.......

https://www.taxtips.ca/calculators/canadian-tax/canadian-tax-calculator.htm

You are without a doubt the dumbest motherfucker on this site.  If we had a poll you would come out of top hands down and even bring mortal enemies together for a brief truce.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Never said I paid 57%.

If you read it slowly....

I only took home 57%.

The subject was taxes and you said your last pay was 57% then sales taxes were 15%.   

So read it slow or not and considering a lot of people on here don't math very well.......  you can see the confusion.