Check your account email address ×

800k people set to leave New York and California over taxes

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Fuck you dude. I bet you’re one of those clowns that doesn’t do their own taxes, hands them over to someone else, has no idea what they actually paid at the end of the day, and instead believes something they heard. Am I right?

Hows it feel to be accused of being a bull shit artist?  You do it to others on a daily basis.

NY State:  We'll assume you're 6.65-6.85%

$0+ $0+ 4.00%
$8,500+ $17,150+ 4.50%
$11,700+ $23,600+ 5.25%
$13,900+ $27,900+ 5.90%
$21,400+ $43,000+ 6.45%
$80,650+ $161,550+ 6.65%
$215,400+ $323,200+ 6.85%
$1,077,550+ $2,155,350+ 8.82%

Federal, married filing joint:

$0.00+  10% 
$19,050.00+  15% 
$77,400.00+  25% 
$156,150.00+  28% 
$237,950.00+  33% 
$424,950.00+  35% 
$480,050.00+  39.6%

We'll assume you're 24-28%, like I said.  

Property taxes:  I pay 7k on this house, paid 10k on my last one.  I'll assume you're in that range too.

Rough math 24+ 6.5+3-4 (for property).....unless you're itemizing north of 20k in deductions.......yeah.  Like I said, calling bullshit. :news: 

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Hallway healthcare in Ontario.  Although thinking of having a sex change, no problem, thanks Wynnebag.

If you have half a brain or someone to advocate for you our healthcare is great. 

24 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Hows it feel to be accused of being a bull shit artist?  You do it to others on a daily basis.

$0+ $0+ 4.00%
$8,500+ $17,150+ 4.50%
$11,700+ $23,600+ 5.25%
$13,900+ $27,900+ 5.90%
$21,400+ $43,000+ 6.45%
$80,650+ $161,550+ 6.65%

$0.00+  10% 
$19,050.00+  15% 
$77,400.00+  25% 
$156,150.00+  28% 
$237,950.00+  33% 
$424,950.00+  35% 
$480,050.00+  39.6%

Property taxes:  I pay 7k on this house, paid 10k on my last one.  I'll assume you're in that range too.

Rough math 24+ 6.5+3-4 (for property).....unless you're itemizing north of 20k in deductions.......yeah.  Like I said, calling bullshit. :news: 

Call it whatever you want to. I’m telling you I paid 21% in taxes last year. Of course I have deductions, everyone does. 

33 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

$0+ $0+ 4.00%
$8,500+ $17,150+ 4.50%
$11,700+ $23,600+ 5.25%
$13,900+ $27,900+ 5.90%
$21,400+ $43,000+ 6.45%
$80,650+ $161,550+ 6.65%

$0.00+  10% 
$19,050.00+  15% 
$77,400.00+  25% 
$156,150.00+  28% 
$237,950.00+  33% 
$424,950.00+  35% 
$480,050.00+  39.6%

Why so crazy high property taxes? 

I thought i paid alot when i was back in ontario....but holy cow not compared to you.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You would be runner up.

You're the dumbass that at one time posted that your accountant tells you he's not doing his job if CRA doesn't ask questions. 

So you're being aggressive about tax avoidance issues.  Then you turn around and say you've never taken your wife on a business trip. 

Pretty well one of the easiest tax moves for a small business is having the wife and kids on the payroll.  I didn't put my wife on the payroll but someone aggressive would have. 

Then she could have accompanied you on trips to Costa Rica and you could extend your trip.  Easy, money saving and a better way to enjoy life.  

When comparing Canadian to US taxes, you should include what you pay for health insurance in the US. 

That narrows the gap a little. 

On top of that you can put 18% of your income in an RRSP and it not pay tax until you take it out.  It grows there tax free.

Then another $5,500.00 can go into a tax free savings account where you pay no tax on income from it ever.

No doubt our taxes are high. Our politicians have fucked up for years. Mulroney got elected, saying he was going to tackle the debt in the 80's and he doubled it.  Then he liberals grew the debt, followed by conservatives and back to the liberals again. 

Paying 54% on your top earnings is bullshit.  

But it beats having to live in a gated community to protect your shit. 

12 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Call it whatever you want to. I’m telling you I paid 21% in taxes last year. Of course I have deductions, everyone does. 

Like the loss carryovers that Trump used? Deductions like that? 

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2018 at 7:28 AM, revkevsdi said:

To paraphrase:   Two right wing “researchers “ who have advised Trump. Put out a study that actual economists have called rubbish. 

really ? look at TX and the massive influx of people in the last 7 yrs . then look in to where a massive chunk of those people are coming from.  then get back to us with some worthless smarmy reaction 

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

You're the dumbass that at one time posted that your accountant tells you he's not doing his job if CRA doesn't ask questions. 

So you're being aggressive about tax avoidance issues.  Then you turn around and say you've never taken your wife on a business trip. 

Pretty well one of the easiest tax moves for a small business is having the wife and kids on the payroll.  I didn't put my wife on the payroll but someone aggressive would have. 

Then she could have accompanied you on trips to Costa Rica and you could extend your trip.  Easy, money saving and a better way to enjoy life.  

When comparing Canadian to US taxes, you should include what you pay for health insurance in the US. 

That narrows the gap a little. 

On top of that you can put 18% of your income in an RRSP and it not pay tax until you take it out.  It grows there tax free.

Then another $5,500.00 can go into a tax free savings account where you pay no tax on income from it ever.

No doubt our taxes are high. Our politicians have fucked up for years. Mulroney got elected, saying he was going to tackle the debt in the 80's and he doubled it.  Then he liberals grew the debt, followed by conservatives and back to the liberals again. 

Paying 54% on your top earnings is bullshit.  

But it beats having to live in a gated community to protect your shit. 

My wife makes more than 98% on this site, there is little benefit to adding more and she isnt on call whenever i book a trip. 

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I likely pay more in property taxes than you're overall.

With a house and cottage, no doubt.  I like how you make sneaky points.  

My property taxes are $7,000.00 on a million dollar home with over an acre in town. 

My average tax rate is 31% on $150,000.00 and my wife is 23% on $60,000.00

MY business is over 30,000 square feet on 4.5 acres and it costs $28,000.00 in prop taxes

We only pay 15% on the first $500,000.00 of income. Then we can dividend the remainder  over to our holding company.

BTW the evil ontario liberals dropped the small business rate from 4.5 to 3.5  the federal is 11.5

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The fuck it is.

My wife has been and ICU nurse for 30 years.  She says the system is much better.  

What you probably don't understand is that the people who have a vested interest in keeping Private medicine in the US want to cherry pick the stories where things went wrong.  Bubba can bitch that his Uncle died while on a waiting list without mentioning that his uncle had serious health issues and needed to be healthier to survive the operation.   While he was waiting Bubba's uncle went to a wedding, drank his face off and made his situation worse. 

Also from a purely logical stand point, medicine is getting much more expensive because of our aging population and ability to save people.  People are coming into ICU with a new problem but they are living with 2 other conditions either one of which would have killed them 20 years ago. Older, sicker people make health care more expensive.  

That's logical but I'm speaking to Trumpsters, so they won't get it. 

2 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

My property taxes are $7,000.00 on a million dollar home with over an acre in town. 

MY business is over 30,000 square feet on 4.5 acres and it costs $28,000.00 in prop taxes

We only pay 15% on the first $500,000.00 of income. Then we can dividend the remainder  over to our holding company.

BTW the evil ontario liberals dropped the small business rate from 4.5 to 3.5  the federal is 11.5

My wife has been and ICU nurse for 30 years.  She says the system is much better.  

What you probably don't understand is that the people who have a vested interest in keeping Private medicine in the US want to cherry pick the stories where things went wrong.  Bubba can bitch that his Uncle died while on a waiting list without mentioning that his uncle had serious health issues and needed to be healthier to survive the operation.   While he was waiting Bubba's uncle went to a wedding, drank his face off and made his situation worse. 

Also from a purely logical stand point, medicine is getting much more expensive because of our aging population and ability to save people.  People are coming into ICU with a new problem but they are living with 2 other conditions either one of which would have killed them 20 years ago. Older, sicker people make health care more expensive.  

:lol:

So what town do you live in?

Oh thats right...you are a momo jr. 

5 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

My property taxes are about $13K between both properties and the office is about $10K.

You do understand when the small business tax rate drops, the non eligible dividend tax rate increases to compensate for the offset.  You do understand that taxes paid on retained earnings overall then increases right?  So yes you get a better tax rate on new earnings but you are getting the shaft on anything existing?

Look up tax integration and then lets have a discussion.

57 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

My property taxes are about $13K between both properties and the office is about $10K.

You do understand when the small business tax rate drops, the non eligible dividend tax rate increases to compensate for the offset.  You do understand that taxes paid on retained earnings overall then increases right?  So yes you get a better tax rate on new earnings but you are getting the shaft on anything existing?

Look up tax integration and then lets have a discussion.

Well, you are fortunate enough to have a wife that earns more than you so it won't help.   But you can take those retained earnings and loan them to a spouse at a prescribed rate.  That rate was 1% before April 1st.  2% now ( I think)   So we took our retained earnings and loaned them to our wives for a start up.  They pay themselves, and see how the business runs.  

If after 3 year the business is a failure, we've still transferred money to them at a lower tax rate which mitigates the risk of the new venture. 

On the other hand if it is successful  and they eventually sell it, the 1st $800,000.00 is a tax free capital gain providing someone buys the shares.  So if we luck out and our shares sell in our family business and their shares sell we have a combined 1.6 million of tax free capital gains. Even if I'm at the top rate of 54%, capital gains are taxed at 50% so the remaining is only 27%. They pay us back the loan and we have to draw down the profits from the retained earnings.  You can do all that without fancy offshore accounts, sneaky accountants etc.

All that is available to us and we aren't ridiculously rich.  But we have a huge leg up on someone in a lower tax bracket without ready capital.  

Rich people who bitch about taxes are whiney cunts. 

My business was more successful than one in a third world country because we had reliable electricity, ready access to skilled labour, a good road system and didn't have to bribe every official we met. Small thinking losers like you need to blame the government for everything and want to think the credit for all of their success is something they created out of thin air. 

If you were born in India, chances are you wouldn't have survived, let alone be successful .

43 minutes ago, DAVE said:

You own the town? 

Edit: I almost forgot about stupid sad Dave.   No, I don't own the town, I just know there aren't any $27,000.00 shacks for shitheads like you.  The fucking Trailer park dives are worth more than your house. But that's because it's better living in a trailer park here than a house in bumfuck nowhere.  You stupid fucker. 

Edited by revkevsdi

7 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Well, you are fortunate enough to have a wife that earns more than you so it won't help.   But you can take those retained earnings and loan them to a spouse at a prescribed rate.  That rate was 1% before April 1st.  2% now ( I think)   So we took our retained earnings and loaned them to our wives for a start up.  They pay themselves, and see how the business runs.  

If after 3 year the business is a failure, we've still transferred money to them at a lower tax rate which mitigates the risk of the new venture. 

On the other hand if it is successful  and they eventually sell it, the 1st $800,000.00 is a tax free capital gain providing someone buys the shares.  So if we luck out and our shares sell in our family business and their shares sell we have a combined 1.6 million of tax free capital gains. Even if I'm at the top rate of 54%, capital gains are taxed at 50% so the remaining is only 27%. They pay us back the loan and we have to draw down the profits from the retained earnings.  You can do all that without fancy offshore accounts, sneaky accountants etc.

All that is available to us and we aren't ridiculously rich.  But we have a huge leg up on someone in a lower tax bracket without ready capital.  

My business was more successful than one in a third world country because we had reliable electricity, ready access to skilled labour, a good road system and didn't have to bribe every official we met. Small thinking losers like you need to blame the government for everything and want to think the credit for all of their success is something they created out of thin air. 

If you were born in India, chances are you wouldn't have survived, let alone be successful .

Edit: I almost forgot about stupid sad Dave.   No, I don't own the town, I just know there aren't any $27,000.00 shacks for shitheads like you.  The fucking Trailer park dives are worth more than your house. But that's because it's better living in a trailer park here than a house in bumfuck nowhere.  You stupid fucker. 

Wife doesn't earn any where near me but lets play along.  Why not a discretionary trust, perscribed rate loans are for kids?

24 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Wife doesn't earn any where near me but lets play along.  Why not a discretionary trust, perscribed rate loans are for kids?

I believe the term is prescribed rate. 

Kids are trickier than the wife. Dumping a pile of cash on your kids at a young age and they could turn out like Trump. 

Obviously a typical Republican family man would have issues with transferring capital to the wife of the moment as well. 

But people with actual family values don't have anything to worry about.  

14 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Kids are trickier than the wife. Dumping a pile of cash on your kids at a young age and they could turn out like Trump. 

Obviously a typical Republican family man would have issues with transferring capital to the wife of the moment as well. 

Youre the one with a prescribed rate loan against the wife instead of the disrectionary trust.  Don't trust her?  Those are for kids.

9 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

If you have half a brain or someone to advocate for you our healthcare is great. 

no no no.  the current canadian health care system is a joke.  it needs to change ASAP and 2 tier is the only way to do that.

8 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

you guys have wicked property tax.  I pay under 1300 for 80 acres with a house, garage and a few buildings.

you want to see what actually happens in healthcare?  leave the city.

Im sure other then toolkit...we all know whos a shithead. :bc:

And you STILL havent said what town you live in....

I use to live in Calaguiro Estates in Niagara Falls....sniff.

46 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Im sure other then toolkit...we all know whos a shithead. :bc:

And you STILL havent said what town you live in....

I use to live in Calaguiro Estates in Niagara Falls....sniff.

I dunno. At least this guy comes up with a few good posts once in awhile .   The retard , I can't even read his shit .  :bc:

• Like 1

You're doing an excellent job of coming across as a smarmy delusional douchebag.  Bravo dude. :lol:  

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You're doing an excellent job of coming across as a smarmy delusional douchebag.  Bravo dude. :lol:  

Hes the new momo. Talks a big game...but wont say where he lives. :lol: