Check your account email address ×

Stocks tumble as Trump's tweets rock Amazon again

33 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

If I want a new snowmobile jacket I want to be able to drive down the street , try one on and buy it. When Amazon puts the local dealer out of buss I will have to order it online , hope it fits or return it and try again. Taking a week.

Niche stores aren’t in jeopardy... Big box places like Best Buy or Sears or JC Pennies are... Its a huge difference. Know the industry being talked about. Does Amazon cut into niche markets? Sure, but it doesn’t destroy them. I’d take choice and convenience any day of the week that Amazon or Walmart’s online presence offers. But when it comes to niche targeted markets like appliances, or sled stuff, etc Amazon doesn’t pose the threat. 

55 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

That first sentence....umm, I just had a stroke trying to make sense if it. 

Wow. You did way better than I did.  I couldnt make sense out of any of it.  

50 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I buy shit from Amazon all the time, but shit I can't walk into a brick store and pick up, so I would be ordering it anyways.

Yep. I research using amazon. Buy it local every chance I get.   And have stuff delivered to the motorhome when I need it there. 

41 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I couldn't be bothered doing that to save what 10%? IF its in my hand and I like it , I'm buying it.

Me neither. I do my research. Hit best buy or the AV retailer to see if they have what I need. Then buy it there. I have never bought an electronic from Amazon. 

1 hour ago, Momorider said:

I pay nothing and sales tax here is 13% :flush: Amazon is avoiding much more than just sales tax. It's a great model for them big part of why they are huge and Bezos is worth 120Billion :news: 

What state do you live in again?  Oh that’s right, never mind.  Now would you kindly SHUT THE FUCK UP.  Thanks in advance. :bc:  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

I never liked any deficit. I bitched about all of them. 

the jews thank you. :lol: 

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

I see a half dozen in this thread... SSFB, Neal, Analer, myself... Only the welfare state Repugs like Woolie and Momo are crying without having a clue. 

Hey hipster fella, all I'm advocating, all while holding more of Amazon equity than you'll probably make this year in earned income, is an exploration into Amazons model, and whether they're exploiting existing laws, tax codes or anything else, like many have charged, to the advantage of more traditional distribution methods.  If they're doing that, all while owning one of the largest and most influential media outlets in the world, it bears further scrutiny.  I'd call that intellectual honesty,  but you're telling me I'm crying and don't have a clue?  Sorry if that analysis doesn't jive with your anarcho coffee shop pseudo economic guru personna that you've tried to paint, I know thats how some of you guys roll in here.  It still doesn't mean spit to me.  

Edited by DriftBusta

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Hey hipster fella, all I'm advocating, all while holding more of Amazon equity than you'll probably make this year in earned income, is an exploration into Amazons model, and whether they're exploiting existing laws, tax codes or anything else, like many have charged, to the advantage of more traditional distribution methods.  If they're doing that, all while owning one of the largest and most influential media outlets in the world, it bears further scrutiny.  I'd call that intellectual honesty,  but you're telling me I'm crying and don't have a clue?  Sorry if that analysis doesn't jive with your anarcho pseudo coffee shop economic guru personna that you've tried to paint, I know thats how some of you guys roll in here.  It still doesn't mean spit to me.  

:lmao: 

13 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Hey hipster fella, all I'm advocating, all while holding more of Amazon equity than you'll probably make this year in earned income, is an exploration into Amazons model, and whether they're exploiting existing laws, tax codes or anything else, like many have charged, to the advantage of more traditional distribution methods.  If they're doing that, all while owning one of the largest and most influential media outlets in the world, it bears further scrutiny.  I'd call that intellectual honesty,  but you're telling me I'm crying and don't have a clue?  Sorry if that analysis doesn't jive with your anarcho coffee shop pseudo economic guru personna that you've tried to paint, I know thats how some of you guys roll in here.  It still doesn't mean spit to me.  

You don't say shit about Trump not disclosing his tax returns tho.

You don't say shit about Trump using existing laws to file bankruptcy and screw people out of millions.

You don't say shit about trump talking shit about sending jobs over seas when his products are made overseas. 

But now you agree with the tweeter when he talks shit about a legal business that has not broken any laws and employs tens of thousands of americans? Hmmm

Edited by Nazipigdog
  • Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Amazon does not own the Post.  You ignore simple facts :lmao: 

6 hours ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

It’s fucking moronic. Don’t worry Vince, the crew will be along to defend everything they are against if anyone else did it. Govt intervention in the free markets. Fucking crazy. What an idiot. I can’t even begin to fathom the foaming mouths if Obama did this. 

The POTUS fucking with free markets because he has a hard-on for Bezos, peoples 401K's are taking hits, it's insane. Oh and if Obama did this you would see Obama effigies hanging from trees.

And FTR Amazon has been collecting sales tax for awhile now, and if the USPS isn't charging there bulk users enough they should raise there prices.

• Gold Member

Senator Bernie Sanders, 2020 Democrat party presidential nominee agree with Trump on amazon...  that prolly confuses massive amounts of self proclaimed Sanders supporter as well as Trump supporters...

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/bernie-sanders-amazon-has-gotten-too-big-we-should-look-at-its-power-and-influence/

17 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

:lol:

We will see what happens going forward, but dumb money is leaving Amazon while the smart are adding.  Are we sure betaBLT doesn't own any shares or at least did?

6 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

You don't say shit about Trump not disclosing his tax returns tho.

You don't say shit about Trump using existing laws to file bankruptcy and screw people out of millions.

You don't say shit about trump talking shit about sending jobs over seas when his products are made overseas. 

But now you agree with the tweeter when he talks shit about a legal business that has not broken any laws and employs tens of thousands of americans? Hmmm

I agree but seriously Trump's business's are little league compared to Amazon.  Amazon is changing the landscape and will put put a lot of retailers out of business.  Nothing against that, just noting it.

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The POTUS fucking with free markets because he has a hard-on for Bezos, peoples 401K's are taking hits, it's insane. Oh and if Obama did this you would see Obama effigies hanging from trees.

And FTR Amazon has been collecting sales tax for awhile now, and if the USPS isn't charging there bulk users enough they should raise there prices.

Definite double standard by republicans. 

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

I agree but seriously Trump's business's are little league compared to Amazon.  Amazon is changing the landscape and will put put a lot of retailers out of business.  Nothing against that, just noting it.

However thing of all the shipping jobs added, and then all the fleet maintenance jobs added.

Neal

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Just now, spin_dry said:

Support for Dump regardless of his position.....he makes hypocrites out of most of his followers :lmao: 

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Amazon is the future, it's not going back the way things were. And every store sells online now. They are just doing what businesses do. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I'm sure a lot of Trump's base are folks who have 401K's, I don't care who you are the elation of the rising market gets forgotten when you see your retirement savings get battered for no good reason.

3 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Amazon is the future, it's not going back the way things were. And every store sells online now. They are just doing what businesses do. 

Not every store, but anything that is non value added should be.

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I'm sure a lot of Trump's base are folks who have 401K's, I don't care who you are the elation of the rising market gets forgotten when you see your retirement savings get battered for no good reason.

What does he expect to happen to Amazon? And why are these faggot traders listening to him. He's like the world's biggest bully and everybody is a fucking victim. Grow some nuts faggots and tell Trump to eat a dick.