Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

1 hour ago, bussman said:

I’ve looked once in two years. :lol: 

I meet with my manager guy twice a year and thats the only time i even know what the fuck is going on. I dont even know the username and password to my accounts. :lol: 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I meet with my manager guy twice a year and thats the only time i even know what the fuck is going on. I dont even know the username and password to my accounts. :lol: 

Staying “hands off” is the best idea.  I even got tired of those quarterly conference type calls filled with financial jibberish talk. I told him to stop calling unless there is something I should know about.    I just watch the big number on the left now.  Fuck all the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly intricacies of it all.

This is best for most.  Let them do their job and keep and keep one eye on the results.

Just now, Zambroski said:

Staying “hands off” is the best idea.  I even got tired of those quarterly conference type calls filled with financial jibberish talk. I told him to stop calling unless there is something I should know about.    I just watch the big number on the left now.  Fuck all the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly intricacies of it all.

This is best for most.  Let them do their job and keep and keep one eye on the results.

yep. I have other stuff to worry about. Thats what I pay him for. 

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

I meet with my manager guy twice a year and thats the only time i even know what the fuck is going on. I don't even know the username and password to my accounts. :lol: 

now thats bad.  I send an email to the wife and my mother with the account numbers and institution once a year because otherwise if i died no one would have a clue where the money is.

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

now thats bad.  I send an email to the wife and my mother with the account numbers and institution once a year because otherwise if i died no one would have a clue where the money is.

Yeah I am pretty bad with that stuff. I use the same password for everything so I dont forget it. My assistant said she could steal everything from me in about 5 minutes. She is right. The banking stuff has different passwords and only my wife knows those. I am pretty vulnerable to these bitches. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah I am pretty bad with that stuff. I use the same password for everything so I dont forget it. My assistant said she could steal everything from me in about 5 minutes. She is right. The banking stuff has different passwords and only my wife knows those. I am pretty vulnerable to these bitches. :lol: 

I'm on the other side.  my wife hasn't paid a bill in 25 years and knows nothing other than the balance in her checking account.  I grew up in a house like yours,  mom used to joke if my dad ever tried to cash a paycheck they would prob arrest him for fraud since he's never been.  Best thing is it was that way even when he worked at the bank.  It's why i let her know where things are because she would have to help the wife figure shit out.  

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

pretty much the same although I am making an advisor change so that will result in a couple meetings this winter.  

The more investment strategies you are aware of, the better off you will be in the long run.  You won't get any financial advise that isn't also self serving.   That being said I now have over half my investments in no-load and private portfolios with zero advisor input possibilities.  

11 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I'm on the other side.  my wife hasn't paid a bill in 25 years and knows nothing other than the balance in her checking account.  I grew up in a house like yours,  mom used to joke if my dad ever tried to cash a paycheck they would prob arrest him for fraud since he's never been.  Best thing is it was that way even when he worked at the bank.  It's why i let her know where things are because she would have to help the wife figure shit out.  

My wife hasn't paid a bill in 25 years.:lol:

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The more investment strategies you are aware of, the better off you will be in the long run.  You won't get any financial advise that isn't also self serving.   That being said I now have over half my investments in no-load and private portfolios with zero advisor input possibilities.  

I'm doing my own stuff on the side with my "side money". Looking to buy some commercial real estate this year too. 

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I do a lot of stuff on my own.  I have been through the Series 6/66 training program when we were going to offer some investment products so am aware of the different investment vehicles and options. I like having someone to bounce ideas off of and am willing to pay a fee for that but won't leave all of the assets with them or any one company.  

3 hours ago, Anler said:

I'm doing my own stuff on the side with my "side money". Looking to buy some commercial real estate this year too. 

Investing side money will never amount to anything.  I own commercial real estate (hard) as well, but really getting better returns with REITs with zero hassles.

My brother and I started in real estate over 30 years ago and just kept buying more and more with just min down payments until we just coasted when real estate did nothing.  Should have kept it going.:bc: 

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

I do a lot of stuff on my own.  I have been through the Series 6/66 training program when we were going to offer some investment products so am aware of the different investment vehicles and options. I like having someone to bounce ideas off of and am willing to pay a fee for that but won't leave all of the assets with them or any one company.  

Hey there is nothing wrong with that, just don't be surprised when something good suddenly isn't anymore.:lol:

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Investing side money will never amount to anything.  I own commercial real estate (hard) as well, but really getting better returns with REITs with zero hassles.

My brother and I started in real estate over 30 years ago and just kept buying more and more with just min down payments until we just coasted when real estate did nothing.  Should have kept it going.:bc: 

Real estate is pretty red hot in the part of Indiana where I live. All of the Illinois people getting the hell out of there are jumping over the border. I want to get in before it gets too expensive. 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Real estate is pretty red hot in the part of Indiana where I live. All of the Illinois people getting the hell out of there are jumping over the border. I want to get in before it gets too expensive. 

Good to diversify in real estate.  My commercial unit has gone up over 4x in the 15 years i've owned it to just about 1 mil now.  

19 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I won't tell you what I'm up this year in the markets then.

:lol:

Go ahead, how much??? 800 Gs? A mill? Don't be shy, go ahead. It's not bragging if someone asks.