Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

I'm short the RUT and it has severely lagged during this bullshit little rally.

I wouldnt own a single stock at these levels .....

Dude just stop.  You dont invest.  You gamble.  Investors make money every time long term.  Gamblers rarely do.

37 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Dude just stop.  You dont invest.  You gamble.  Investors make money every time long term.  Gamblers rarely do.

So no investor has ever taken a short position.....got it

43 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

You wanna' bet!!! 

Broke my ALL-TIME HIGH today.     :happy:

Horse shit and you Welch on bets !!

6 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

as a small part of their strategy sure some may but most long term investors are not looking at short selling  

And neither am i

At 27 years old I was given advice to pick only long term growth stocks. The only stock that wasn’t recommended at the time was Polaris industries. I fucking killed on that stock. It consistently outperformed all expectations. I’ve owned the same 3 stocks for 31 years. No complaints. Investing isn’t rocket science. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I know you've got a few mill in the market!! High roller, you are. If you were in Vegas, they'd call you a WHALE!!

Big bastid!!!!  :lol2::lol2:

I know you're a whale but no worries cause I got your back   "wink, wink"

• 2 weeks later...

Futures are up 200 points tonight. 

Trump and China agreed to a TRADE TRUCE

North Korean media is extolling Trump visit

Tomorrow...………………..COULD BE A BIG DAY!!!  

59 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

@f7ben is still shorting the market.  Hahahahahaha

6 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

But, but, but PE's and inverted yields.

Did you ever see the movie "The Big Short"? It was about the 2008 market crash and mortgage scandal. Those guys did their homework and shorted those swaps based on fundamental analysis. In the end it paid off for them but the market was still going crazy amid all of the hubub until it couldnt anymore. Many of those swaps went UP in price before the crash. 

My point is there is reason to be concerned about things but until there is a major catastrophe the market is not going to crash. Too many people making money right now. 

20 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

U don't have a pot to piss in , or a window to throw it out !!! 

5 hours ago, Anler said:

Did you ever see the movie "The Big Short"? It was about the 2008 market crash and mortgage scandal. Those guys did their homework and shorted those swaps based on fundamental analysis. In the end it paid off for them but the market was still going crazy amid all of the hubub until it couldnt anymore. Many of those swaps went UP in price before the crash. 

My point is there is reason to be concerned about things but until there is a major catastrophe the market is not going to crash. Too many people making money right now. 

No I didn't see that.

You get a clear picture looking through the rear view mirror of where you've been, but the front windshield is always uncharted territory.

The high net worth financial advisors who managed my accounts back in 2008 were completely ignorant to the upcoming crash and offered zero warnings, but then again what could they have really done as they just get their updates from junior achiever central.

Staying the course was the best plan regardless, but since then (over 10 years) it's been rather comical listening to the hoards of FA calling with the flavour of the month risk reduction recommendations of long and short term bonds, preferred shares etc.  The amount of money that would have been lost if I had listened instead of just going with my own gut and research, I won't even get into.

My point is this, the next crash will take everyone by surprise just like all the ones before and the more you can educate yourself for long term planning the better, as Buffet says ignore the daily noise and just stick with the quality equities, bonds are for beta's. 

Yah....maybe the market can rally another 100% on poor economic data and the promise of fed stimulus!!!

I think we all know how this ends

Edited by f7ben

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Yah....maybe the market can rally another 100% on poor economic data and the promise of fed stimulus!!!

I think we all know how this ends

No, obviously some don't.