Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I do.

Well if you're thinking anything other than massive bubble followed by devastating recession and near depression your dumb as fuck

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Well if you're thinking anything other than massive bubble followed by devastating recession and near depression your dumb as fuck

Sure Ben.  You still shorting?:lol:

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Hey @f7ben.  You watching the market today?  

Up another 200 points and climbing.  

Yup....up another 200 pts on horrible economic news!!!!!

Yipppeee!!!

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

He’s still trying to pull the trigger on his “shorts”.

:lol:

Wollie should follow Bipolarhooknoses trades and do the opposite for his clients seems like a good play :bc: 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

Just watch it explode when the good news comes rolling in.  

Earnings are going to be brutal....the world economy has ground to a halt and the US economy is slowing quickly.

There is zero justification for new highs to be made. The promise of fed stimulus has caused a 10% rally into the face of quickly deteriorating economic indicators.

Those are facts

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Earnings are going to be brutal....the world economy has ground to a halt and the US economy is slowing quickly.

There is zero justification for new highs to be made. The promise of fed stimulus has caused a 10% rally into the face of quickly deteriorating economic indicators.

Those are facts

I have similar feelings and sentiment.  I've moved a bit of my money out of equities and into cash.  I had the same feelings in 2008 and moved everything to cash and completely avoided that correction.  I feel we are well past due for another adjustment and it could be worse than the last.  

2020 could very well end up being a rough year for a lot of people.  

8 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I have similar feelings and sentiment.  I've moved a bit of my money out of equities and into cash.  I had the same feelings in 2008 and moved everything to cash and completely avoided that correction.  I feel we are well past due for another adjustment and it could be worse than the last.  

I agree 100% .....I have 80% of my retirement in the most aggressive short etd tied to the weakest index out there.

The other 20% I'm still invested in mutual funds. 

I can weather a little short term pain here as the fed stimulus gives the markets another hit of crack. 

• Gold Member

if the govt keep stacking on debt like they have during this recovery since 2009 I don’t think the economy is going to go into a huge correction and not going to play the market like it’s going to fall.  Maybe I see it through rose colored glasses or something though as my local housing market is one of the hottest in the US and the growth in my area and alot of areas I workout west is pretty impressive.  All debt financed I’m sure.

i think the government can keep up the racket for another 3-4 years

34 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Those are facts

When it happens they will all claim

to know it was coming. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

When it happens they will all claim

to know it was coming. 

Everyone knows it's coming. When is the real question. My guess, between 2020 and 2021

Edited by steve from amherst
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Everyone knows it's coming. When is the real question. My guess, between 2020 and 2021

That's what I'm guessing as well, but really means nothing cause timing the markets is as sure way to lose your shirt.

58 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Nobody is thinking that, at least not yet.

34 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Nobody is thinking that, at least not yet.

Nobody? 

Well not many people are thinking it could be worse than the last, I'll give you that.   :bc: 

I'm just easing out of equities a little at a time. If it's not paying a dividend or seems to have run its course I'm slowly removing it from my portfolio.  

I've been very happy with the REIT's I'm into.  They pay good dividends and pay handsomely at maturity.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Nobody? 

Well not many people are thinking it could be worse than the last, I'll give you that.   :bc: 

I'm just easing out of equities a little at a time. If it's not paying a dividend or seems to have run its course I'm slowly removing it from my portfolio.  

I've been very happy with the REIT's I'm into.  They pay good dividends and pay handsomely at maturity.  

That was my point, we all know a recession is coming, but it won't be this year.

I'm holding firm on my current public equity portfolio as my timeline to start withdrawing is about 10 years.

I love REIT's both public and private and the dividends they pay and have been loading up on them with the focus on the private.  I also just added another significant position (last week) in pure private equity fund that invests in clean energy that updates its price every month.  The director was kind enough to let me in before the July 1st update and just got an email today that the price went up 1.2% on July 3.  

If the market does crashes real bad its comforting to know I will have an option to divert my cash flow strategy and can have a large protected position I can draw from to significantly add to public equities.

I have zero concerns.:bc: